Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ocarina of Time Now On Virtual Console

28 posts in this topic

Posted

UPDATE: 26th February- Ocarina of time has now been released on the American VC as well, costing 1000 wii points.
Also released today on the VC were biohazard battle for the genesis and chew fu man for the Turbografx

Just today The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time was released on the wii shop channel in Europe for the virtual console.

------

with all the classic features menioned in a small article in the new warpzone:

having your very own cow - you can get this by speaking to malon after you get epona. but before you get it. there is 1 task you must do.

and when you go see malon, take a look at her brooch. you may see something very familiar.

and also, when you go see princess Zelda, take a look through some of the windows in the courtyard, you may see something VERY familiar.

Also this week on the virtual console is, the NES classic "Kid Icarus" an angelic, arrow shooting action-adventure from the makers of Metroid.

source - wii shop channel updates

I know what ill be doing this weekend :P

Link to the Past is yet to be released on the Euopean VC and does not currently have a date.

EDITED (a lot now) BY GINGERLINK

Posted

The brooch and window thing is actually in the original.

Also, quick trivia TidBit.

The [i]Kid Icarus[/i] engine is the same as the [i]Metroid[/i] engine.

Posted

[quote name='Gir' post='30505' date='Feb 23 2007, 07:17 AM']The brooch and window thing is actually in the original.

Also, quick trivia TidBit.

The [i]Kid Icarus[/i] engine is the same as the [i]Metroid[/i] engine.[/quote]

Boruch? Didn't see that one, but I did the see the lil window trick with mario nd peach nd bowser, that was pretty cool :D

Posted

yer i knew the brooch and window thing was in the original, thats just what it sais in the update page.

Posted

ummm.......guys Ocarina of Time is not on the virutual Console! I just checked in every single part of the channel and it not there so you lied it not there! :cry:

Posted

The Mario, Peach and Bowser thing is OLDDDD

Posted

Unfortunately, all of those are not added extras. People here seem to be confirming that the windows in the courtyard is original, and so is the brooch. I'm here to confirm that the cow thing is too. You talk to Malon later, and you have to do an obstacle course, and then later a cow will be in your room as a prize if you perform well-enough.

It must be mis-advertising =P

I don't even think I'm gonna use the virtual console. It's nice that you can get some games for 5-8 bucks or whatever, but a lot of them I already own, so I could save money by just switching systems =P. Anyone else feel they won't get much use out of it?

Posted

Ummmm... Guys... OOT is only on the VC in Europe... Its not in North America yet but there is rumors that it will be on monday but we cant be sure.

Posted

^^ Just about to say that.

The cow thing is the MINI cow, I get it now. Didn't know that.

I own all three versions so I'lla be skipping this.

Posted

All the extras you mentioned are already included in the original.

Posted

Yay! I can get OOT on 3 consoles now, I already have it for GC & N64.

Posted

Why would I need a cow, what would I use it for :huh:

Posted

[quote name='quazy1' post='30594' date='Feb 24 2007, 01:32 AM']Why would I need a cow, what would I use it for :huh:[/quote]

Good Point. :huh:

Posted

yer, i think every1 knows that the brooch and stuff is old. i just typed out what it said in the shop channel updates area.

Posted

[quote name='quazy1' post='30594' date='Feb 23 2007, 08:32 PM']Why would I need a cow, what would I use it for :huh:[/quote]

quick access to Lon Lon Milk i guess and i think Link needs someone to watch the house for him while hes gone for 7-yrs :D