Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sequence Breaking Ocarina of Time

16 posts in this topic

Posted

So, it recently occurred to me that I have never played through Ocarina of Time's last five dungeons in the correct order that Navi gives to you (forest, fire, water, shadow, spirit), since I interchange the last two dungeons. Recently, I have even discovered that you can complete the fire temple before the forest temple since there is only one eye switch in the temple, which leads to a room with two entrances anyway. So, I made this topic to ask everyone about other ways to break the correct sequence of temples (assuming you complete each temple from start to finish).

Posted

I didn't even know you were able to go in a different order. I always figured you had to do it the way Shiek told you.

Posted

I did Pirates fortress early when I frustrated at Forest Temple.

Posted

I did Pirates fortress early when I frustrated at Forest Temple.

wat

Posted

This = My kind of topic.

You can skip Fire and Water as well as half of the Forest Temple, you only need the Bow from it. In one playthrough.

In another, you can entirely skip all? of the dungeons. It's called "Reverse Bottle Adventure" and it's some puppyed up shit where you backflip with a Bottle and fish and bugs and hex codes and somehow you get all the Medallions, Light Arrows, and a Bow, and you're set for life. You can even get songs from it and shit.

It's weird. Look it up on Youtube or go to http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?game=oot and expand "Bottle Adventure".

Posted

Pirates fortress=MM

Forest Temple=OoT

How did you do that?

Posted

Oh yeah switched a little there, I did Gerudo Fortress early!

Posted

You can also do Spirit Temple as a kid before doing it as an adult. Wooooooah, so amazing.

But all of this stuff is old. : (

Posted

Oh that reminds me, there's a way to get in the bottom of the well as a kid before becoming an adult, involving the cutscene where you hit a cuccoo too many times to make it angry while jumping over the well. Because of this, you can beat the game without going back to the past if you visit the spirit temple early.

Posted

Oh that reminds me, there's a way to get in the bottom of the well as a kid before becoming an adult, involving the cutscene where you hit a cuccoo too many times to make it angry while jumping over the well. Because of this, you can beat the game without going back to the past if you visit the spirit temple early.

??

You don't need to get the Lens of Truth.

Posted

Most people do it to get the chest with the bombchus inside, so you can skip the goron bracelet. Other than that, it's just for completion's sake.

Posted

My thoughts exactly. ^

Posted

I usually go forest, water, fire, followed by bottom of the well, spirit temple, shadow temple. Just what has always been comfortable to me.