Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Patterns in the different timeline branches.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

While playing games on both sides of the timeline I've noticed trends between either side which reinforce the split timeline theory, such as the charecteristics of Link, Hyrule, and other areas and the roles of both Zelda and the Triforce. For example:

Concerning Zelda on the Child side of the timeline she seems to have less screentime in game and less relevence to the plot: in Majora's Mask she only appears in a flashback, and a brief one at that! Also in Twilight Princess, while she is still relevent to the plot and ending of the story she seems more out of the way and less mentioned. It's really easy to forget she's in the game until the moment comes where she is needed. On the otherhand, Tetra from Wind Waker and the subsequent games are shown, mentioned, and are relevent to the plot more often and she is more action-oriented than in child games, where she seems to be more of a plot device. The same can be said for her descendant in Spirit tracks. Why is this? My theory is that on the child timeline the fact that Hyrule was saved on time leads the Zeldas into a sense of complecency while on the adult side the carnage of Hyrule has led them to taking more action sooner. Has anyone else noticed these connections, or am I just crazy?

Posted

On the subject of splits did anybody but me notice the split in the timeline halfway through Twilight Princess?

There's the split where you either choose to walk left, or to walk right, before walking forwards and continuing in the right direction.

I was pretty freaked out the first time I noticed too. What's even weirder is that it has no effect on the storyline whatsoever.

Posted

^ Lol'd

On topic: wow, that is quite weird :s

Other Zelda should stop being useless then :>

Posted

Ok I don't understand the point of this thread.

Posted

Basically the point is to compare games from the same part of the split timeline. For another example: Ganons.

On the child timeline Ganon seems more laid-back and confident, letting his cronies have all the fun and generally not giving half a crap to Link and Zelda, while in the adult timeline he realizes his screw-up and tries to eliminate both threats early. My plan is to use these similarities to build a more proper timeline based on patterns, be them obvious or discreet.

Posted

Nice pointing that out. But Ganon is barely in the child timelnie after, I'm guessing because of what happened after OoT.

Posted

Well, yeah. But for the record he doesn't appear that much in the adult timeline either. Does anyone else see these patterns in the older Zelda games like ALTTP or AOL? The general consent is that these take place in later portions of the timeline, but where and in what branch remains unknown.

Posted

On the subject of splits did anybody but me notice the split in the timeline halfway through Twilight Princess?

There's the split where you either choose to walk left, or to walk right, before walking forwards and continuing in the right direction.

I was pretty freaked out the first time I noticed too. What's even weirder is that it has no effect on the storyline whatsoever.

Uh what? So what you're saying is that there's another split timeline, so it makes 3.(?)

on topic- I understand your statement- I can see the difference, but couldn't the lack(can't find a better word) of Zelda in the child timeline games be from her locked up in the castle all the time? In the audlt timeline, she isn't. Therefore, she can help and follow Link around. But, even in Twilight Princess, Zelda helps you in the Ganondorf horseback battle...

Posted

Well, yeah, but then consider that potentially the same thing would've happened in Spirit Tracks had Anjean not given Zelda incentive to help him. Well that and plus she's a ghost, and ghosts don't have much else to do in a day.