Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HOWL Season 1 - Discussion

52 posts in this topic

Posted

As you may or may not have noticed, Hyrule Werewolf has been winding down. As far as I can tell, people either need a break for a while, or just don't have time to participate. So for now, let's make it official: we're on hiatus. We'll probably pick up a quick game around Christmas.

In the interim, there's still some things you can do if you want a Werewolf fix. There's chat Werewolf for one, which is a great way to spend a lazy day with the people on Chat. But there are other options too -- contact me if you want to play forum Werewolf at another forum, which is what I'll be doing. Or, talk to me or Kim or Muff, and we'll fill you in about a more casual option that's an excellent way to get a ton of practice without any time commitments.

So now, let me know what went right this season, what didn't, and what you'd like to see next season. Talk about your favourite moments too.

Posted

I have to say that, if you want to play a werewolf game, in the future (from my experience)

a. Try not to use a computer that you have to share. If someone has the ability (or just is enough of a dick) to hold you off from playing the game regularly and stay involved, you might not want to play a game. I fell out of wx4 and the most recent werewolf games because of this.

b. Make sure you have time. Even committed players can drop out of a game from being too busy.

c. Make sure you're committed to playing! Don't join on a whim. It makes the game suck for the rest of us.

That said, I think my most memorable moments of the past games that I've been in would be the first game I was in, when saha arcane and I would have had an absolute perfect game, if it weren't for the fact that kimmy randomly came into the game and voted for arcane on a coin flip (this was back when Kimmy stayed on the chat more often than the forum). I also remember that time in CC werewolf where I was positive Nabe was a wolf, and threw so much evidence against him. Despite all that, you guys voted for me, and He won, because you were all dicks. My favorite, though, was in the really well written Aethix's evil werewolf, where we had the big castle to run around in. I managed to get my hands on all three pieces of the triforce, something Aethix never even considered to be possible in this game. Normally a thief ability is kind of boring, but in a game where there are items galore, the thief can use any item he gets, and thieves take two rooms a day, I was pretty op. Seriously, I should try and find my old evil werewolf pm and show you guys how many items I had at the end of the game.

On top of that, in that game I got the triforce of power, which lets you light someone on fire, and whoever they interact with on fire, so despite all planning Nabe and I went through the day before, I gave in to temptation, lighting sahaqiel on fire, and from there 80% of the players.

Werewolf is fun and all, but we could use a break. Can't wait for the christmas game, thats for sure.

Posted

Gotta say, i enjoyed the game i hosted. it was an interesting way to introduce myself to the forum.

I enjoyed that night where Nabe was targeted by 5 players at once, which was later topped in saha's game, where pretty much everyone targeted him at once.

Oh, And Evil Werewolf was pretty freaking amazing. I became just as much of a god as Pheonix did. With the Dark Prognosticus, i was pretty much running the show during the day.

The book gave me the ability to know what was going to happen before it actually happened, giving me the ability to interfere as i deemed fit.

Also, with my ability to create items, i created a few hammers for self protection, so i could use them if the book said someone was going to attack me.

Muffin held a grudge against me for this for the next two games

which is why i was disappointed that Muffin wasn't in Sci-fi, because I gained Omnipotence, the ability to block actions (which i never used), and near immortality.

I am going to try and get my friend Chimetals to join the next game, which i am looking forward to.

And pheonix is right: If you join, COMMIT.

Posted

;~; I feel bad for being so bad in the last game I played. Next game I will try to be better! sorry guys :<

Posted

I want to play!

Posted

Ammonsa is the best trickster ever

Posted

Oh yeah, totally.

Posted

I want to play!

That's what the last ten new guys said when they joined. Kaffles is the only one who actually played.

Posted

I think part of what went wrong with my last game was that I overcomplicated some of the aspects of it. It became harder to manage on my end because of it. I threw in way too many possible items. My computer troubles and beginning college didn't help either.

Posted

Man, I kept waiting for a new game to start after I was super busy, but it seems to have been the last one for a while. Darn.

I rather enjoyed Werewolf Werewolf, where I got turned into a wolf by killing the last wolf (that wa lame), an yet still won by somehow making a convincing argument that I was innocent. That was really bizarre, and I kind of felt like a jerk for winning for the team opposite the one I was on for the whole game.

Posted

Don't feel like a jerk, it's just a game. And you won the game without cheating, so that's all that matters.

Posted

I think we did something like that once, actually.

Posted

I like your idea.

Posted

I think we did something like that once, actually.

Yeah. #Zelda Werewolf, way back when.

Posted

How did it turn out?