Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Werewolf Warmup

308 posts in this topic

Posted

This is an Open setup. What that means is that the roles are known in the thread before the game begins. So, here are the roles that are in this game.

2 Werewolves

1 Seer

1 Sorcerer

6 Townies

The Werewolves are the main evil faction in this game. Between the two of them, they can make one night kill every Night phase. Their goal is to outnumber or be equal in size to the number of remaining townspeople, at which point they win the game.

The Seer is a special townie. Once per night, the Seer can target one player and discover that player's alignment (Town or Evil). The Seer in this game has a "guaranteed sanity", meaning that the Seer can always be certain that their results are accurate.

The Sorcerer is a non-wolf evil faction role. Once per night, the Sorcerer can target one player and discover whether or not that player is a Seer. In some games the Sorcerer knows who the wolves are, however in this game he/she will not and the wolves will not know the identiy of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer wins with the Werewolves, but does not count toward the wolves numbers.

The other six Townies have no ability whatsoever. The Town must rely on daily voting and lynching to find and kill the Werewolves. The Town (including the Seer) wins when there are no werewolves left alive, non-wolf evil roles will not affect this.

Day phases will be 48 hours long, and Night phases will end after 24 hours OR after the werewolves, seer, and sorcerer have decided on their targets.

This game will begin on Night 0, during this night phase and only this night phase the Seer and Sorcerer will get a free shot to use their ability, while no wolf kills will take place. This allows the both of them to start the first day phase with a bit of information and balances out the game.

1. Pheonix561

2. Feiminn

3. That-1guy

4. Sahaqiel

5. Grandmaster Phoenix

6. Obtineo

7. Nabeshin

8. Linkprow

9. Ganondorf333

10. Kaffles

If you need to read the rules, please check the Rules thread in the Werewolf forum.

Posted

so what this is meant for noobs, or is it noob themed, or what?

Im in anyway

Posted

well, to try and get people who haven't played werewolf before to try it out was the intention I think :>

Posted

Yeah it was, but it seems the name is repeling people so I'll need to change it.

This is suppose to be a warm-up/tutorial werewolf for new and vetern players alike.

So speaking of noobs, how do you change the topic title? I don't make many topics. :P

EDIT: Acually the whole NOOB part came about because I never ran a game before and was hoping to get at least five new players in this one.

Posted

It'll probably go past five. I'm gonna try and recruit fort and Puck and them.

Posted

Oh alright that would be great, thanks Pheo.

Is there a way to change the topic title? I thought there was, but I'm not seeing any way to do it.

Posted

A mod has to take care of it. Someone will do it eventually. Go ask Saha or Kimmy to do it.

Posted

I'm in.

Posted

Not sure if I should try to convince people on chat to play... hmmmm

Posted

I could change the title. Let me know what you'd like instead.

P.S. I'd be happy to be an IC if you'd like.

Posted

My phone seems to be against quotes at the moment so...

@Pheo: Wish I knew that before I threw in a random name so sign ups could start, won't be making that mistake again.

@Nabe: I was thinking about calling "Werewolf Warm up" kind of like how people stretch in p.e. before doing anything.

As for IC, I don't know what that is so I'll say yes because it can't be a bad thing.

And I have offically lost the game.

EDIT: Thank ya kindly good sir.

Posted

Inexperience-Challenged. Sorry, it's a Mafiascum term. In a game for new players, there are typically one or two more experienced players who advise everyone on what they should be doing. Monkey see, monkey do.

Do you have a fairly simple setup, by the way? 'cause it wouldn't hurt to have an open setup, i.e. have a list of all the roles in the game posted in the first post. It helps people to learn if they know exactly what they're dealing with.

Posted

I'm gonna try and Get Ganny and Muffin in on this. And I bet Cirt wouldn't mind playing either.

Posted

That would be cool, I haven't seen Ganny for awhile. Did any of the nonexperienced members want to play?

Nabe that sounds good, go ahead and do that.

As for the open setup, I was thinking about it and I don't know if it would be a good idea or not. I'm leaning toward doing it and yeah its simple, offering just a small taste of what it could be like in a ranked game.