Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

War in Iraq

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Since the 9/11 terrorist attack on the world trade center, the US has been fighting the Al-Qaeda in Iraq. The US is not the only country helping to fight this threat. Many nations that are part of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) are helping fight the Al-Qaeda. Though not all nations are helping fight the terrorism. On August 2nd-7th, 2011, North Korea seized a small window of opportunity when terrorist suicide bombers injured a large percentage of US troops in Iraq. They attacked and killed hundreds of Americans with a army of 3,000,000 soldiers, losing few of their own in the process.

Since then the War on Terror has been known as World War III, and Iraq has become a desolate battlefield, forcing millions to leave their homes. You are part of this war now. You are a soldier in the United States army. You must help stop this war before it escalates to a global battle.

Sign-up:

Name:

Training:

History (Optional):

Mine:

Name: Alexander Romero

Training: Advanced Sharpshooting. Basic Vehicle Training.

History (Optional): From a young age, Alex was a slacker. He ate too much and played too many video games. Throughout his younger years, he was called a loser and became a social Pariah. But when he got to High School, things changed. He decided he didn't want his current lifestyle and forced himself to spend months dieting and working out. By his sophomore year he was nice and fit. He joined the football team and became very popular. Though in his Senior year, he heard about the US Army and the War in Iraq. He quickly decided that this was going to be his way to contribute to his country. At 18 he joined the US Army and, due to his addiction to video games earlier in his life, he was exceptionally good at sharpshooting. At 19 he was sent off to aide in Iraq.

Unfortunately, he was one of the billions that could not have predicted what North Korea did. He was stationed at one of the bases that were both bombed by the terrorists and attacked by North Korea. Luckily, he survived to fight another day.

Posted

Do Privates get advanced sharpshooting in the US Army? I really don't know, I'm curious.

Posted

^ We all go through the same training, unless you're in special forces or something. It's very possible that you could've already been shooting for years at home, or that you developed a talent for it.

I think this is funny since chances are it'll actually be me one day >_<

And Marquis your guy's description actually sounds almost exactly like me, except for the football and enlisting at 18.

But yeah. I just wanted to drop in and say that. This actually looks like it could turn into a decent RP.

Posted

It sounds like a video game trailer xD

I would say movie trailer but that would go something like this:

"9/11..terrorist attack...the US...fighting...Al-Qaeda...many nations...NATO...fight...terrorism...North Korea...suicide bombers...injured...US troops...Iraq...attacked...killed hundreds...Americans...3,000,000 soldiers...process.

War on Terror...World War III...desolate battlefield...soldier...United States army...escalates...global battle."

Posted

This actually looks like it could turn into a decent RP.

Thanks. I noticed that the roleplay section of the forum has rolled over and died, so i made this one as a attempt to revive it.

Black Ops also just came out, so i was thinking military-like.

Do Privates get advanced sharpshooting in the US Army? I really don't know, I'm curious.

Servicemen volunteer for sniper training and are accepted on the basis of their aptitude as perceived by their commanders. Military snipers may be trained as forward air controllers (FACs) to direct air strikes or forward observers (FOs) to direct artillery or mortar fire.

I got that from wikipedia. Here right at the top.

Posted

Oh thanks.

Posted

Hm...

Unfortunately the posts people are making aren't sign-ups.

Though i guess if i choose a person to join it would be The Real Booster Gold. He's good at roleplaying.