Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

North Korea Attacks South Korea

91 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/23/nkorea.skorea.military.fire/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=B

"Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea fired artillery toward its tense western sea border with South Korea on Tuesday, killing at least one South Korean soldier, the Yonhap news agency reported.

Two civilians and 13 other South Korean military personnel were injured, with three of the soldiers seriously hurt, Yonhap said.

At least 200 rounds of artillery hit an inhabited South Korean island in the Yellow Sea after the North started firing about 2:30 p.m. local time, Yonhap said."

Oh, shit.

Posted

I haven't really been keeping up with national news for some time, but hasn't stuff like this been happening with Korea for awhile now?

Posted

"Though the North has tested its artillery -- and tested anti-shipping missiles -- it has not fired artillery into South Korean territory in recent years."

Posted

This is a problem.

Posted

China should just take North Korea out.

At this point, there's no point in being allied with it. It's just a little bitch raving for attention. It could easily be squashed.

But yeah, I woke up this morning and my parents were talking about it. I'm worried that NK might actually do something serious.

Posted

Is China allied with North Korea or what? Whats the deal with their relations?

Posted

"Though the North has tested its artillery -- and tested anti-shipping missiles -- it has not fired artillery into South Korean territory in recent years."

Well in that case, oh snaps!

Posted

China doesn't really want anything to do with Korea last I heard, but at the same time they're still allies.

Posted

I haven't really been keeping up with national news for some time, but hasn't stuff like this been happening with Korea for awhile now?

Yeah, like every other month. The only difference about this one is that it could actually provoke all out fighting between the Koreas. It's no longer a petty maritine border skirmish, this was all out artillery fire on south korean soil against civillian targets.

China is in an open agreement with North Korea, but this dates back to the 50s. China has changed; it's not a the same puppytarded maoist regime anymore and it's not in their interests to help a dumpster like North Korea. The most they'll do if any actual fighting breaks out between the Koreas is call the U.S. and tell them they want part in the restructuring of Korea.

At this point, it looks like things may cool down a little bit. The universal international response is that the Koreas need to chill out. Well, except Japan, they're saying we should invade North Korea, but who cares what they think.

We still need to give it a few days to see what's going to happen, it could go either way right now.

Posted

Yeah, like every other month. The only difference about this one is that it could actually provoke all out fighting between the Koreas. It's no longer a petty maritine border skirmish, this was all out artillery fire on south korean soil against civillian targets.

I thought thats been happening, so its been awhile since an attack like that has happened.

That's not good.

Posted

I thought the point of the UN was to enforce policies by pressuring nations, rather than the whole getalong-and-do-whatever-as-long-as-it-doesn't-involve-me routine, since everyone knew that wouldn't work.

Why are there still problems?

Posted

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

puppying North Koreans, Build a nuclear facility an now this?

I say turn them into a sheet of radioactive glass.

Posted

Fucking North Koreans, Build a nuclear facility an now this?

I say turn them into a sheet of radioactive glass.

Notice how he doesn't mention every other nation that's built a nuclear facility.

Notice how he just suggested genocide of a whole country.

Posted

Notice how he doesn't mention every other nation that's built a nuclear facility.

Notice how he just suggested genocide of a whole country.

1.)Oh, and Iran needs to stop their program. Also, North Korea seems to commit these random acts of violence every few months or so, or they decide to test nukes randomly, fire missles and their enemies and blow them up before they reach them, ect. Do you trust them with nukes?

2.)So?

Posted

What a Nazi.