Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess' broken economy

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, Link is named "Link" because he is the link between the player and the game. It's the same reason he is silent. He is us. Our thoughts our his words. In the same respect, our thoughts are his everything else. If he had a detailed background, then he'd be more of himself and less of us. I dunno whether that's good our bad, but I personally like it how it is. (Though, I'm not saying I'd dislike a story version)

Posted

Too many Rupees? Make the arrow counter the same as the Rupee counter. Whenever you shoot an arrow, you lose one Rupee. Just like the good old days..... Cutting back on the orange and purple Rupees would help too.

Posted

A bank would be a good idea; like the one in MM. Which I never took a rupee out of for some reason...

And more sidequest requiring vast quanities of rupees

And they could force you to bribe people for infomation instead of them just telling you something that doesn't seem safe for a absolute stranger to know

Posted

More reasons to blow vast amounts of cash in TP would have been great. Getting the Wallet upgrades sooner would have been nice too.

Posted

they could force you to bribe people for infomation instead of them just telling you something that doesn't seem safe for a absolute stranger to know

The reason they tell Link about everything is because all Link's can use jedi mind tricks, of course since he doesn't talk it is very hard to figure that out.

Posted

Link doesn't read peoples' minds. He stares at them until he gets the information he wants.

Posted

The reason they tell Link about everything is because all Link's can use jedi mind tricks, of course since he doesn't talk it is very hard to figure that out.

he talks, except it's all in text and are single words such as yes and no.

Posted

I've never seen him talk, he either nods/shakes his head or whoever he is talking to just knows what he's saying. It's the mind tricks I tell you.

Posted

Well I never had the over rupee problem in tp because instead of STEALING from that bird i just gave him extra rupees in the 50 rupee zone

Posted

i know in PH i had to scramble for rupees, i think, and if i remember right, it was for ship parts. they cost an arm and a leg. though in ST, it was all trading, and i cant remember if my wallet was always full or not...

lately ive been having a full wallet issue in LoZ games, the latest being OoT3DS...i mean, i distinctly remember having to scramble for rupees as a kid in grass and stuff, but now i have too many...even playing minigames doesnt get rid of many, and i beat the minigames long before they put a decent dent in my wallet. i had even been hoping to get rid of 200 rupees for the red and blue tunics, but they were thrown at my face as the locals told me to go clear dungeons and such.

maybe i should stop exploiting cows and fairy fountains, and buy potions or something.

also, broken economy in a different sense: Majoras Mask. the bank guy that could store your rupees, and wrote your account on your forehead...how many times did you go back in time? how bad did the market crash after the end of the third day, when suddenly there was a huge mass of rupees due to your time travel?