Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ocarina of Time Medley on Saxophone

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello there. So well, as you might notice, I'm pretty new here.

I'm not sure if this goes here.. but music is art, isn't it?

So well.. This week I got inspired and recorded myself playing some sort of COLLECTION of songs from Ocarina of Time mainly on my saxophone. So well, if anyone is intrested, I leave you the link. I'd really appreaciate comments, feedback, critics, or anything you wanna say, either here, in the youtube video, or both.

So.. here it is:

:joy:

:joy:

Enjoy, and leave your comments!

Posted

Nice job! The last two were especially good.

Do you have any other recordings?

Posted

Sorry to rain on your parade, but after I saw your video I checked a few others and found these guys that play different Nintendo themes. They're p. good imo.

Anyway I liked it, the only thing that irked me was how things like "I hope you brought your umbrella" appeared between songs instead of just having the name of the song there.

I understand what you were going for, but thats just me.

Posted

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, I knew people would like the last two ^^

No, that's my only one. I know lots of other songs, from games like Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Phoenix Wright, Donkey Kong 64 (Nintendo 64 freak) and one or two from Chrono Trigger. Also I know Ravel's Boléro.. just a random fact.

Well, if anyone is intrested, please ask and I will record it. Also if you want to request any songs, please do so, and I will gladly attempt them.

Haha, no problem, I know what you mean. That's just my stupid, stupid sense of humour. I could've done it like you say, yes. I'm glad you liked it though.

Posted

Honestly I was kinda hoping to hear the song of healing in there, one of my favorites.

But I'm interested in Donkey Kong 64. Let's hear what ya got on that, please?

Also I think this might belong in entertainment.

Posted (edited)

ACCIDENTAL SPAM :embarrassed:

Edited by Blake (see edit history)

Posted

Your special ocarina wasn't an ocarina and didn't seem that special. YOU LIE!

The 8 seconds I listened to it sounded good.

Posted

Guys. Woodwind instruments now count as ocarinas. Next game Link gets a bassoon. Make it happen Nintendo.

Posted

I wouldn't completely label this as a medley. Yeah its a collection of Zelda songs in one video, but when I think medley, I think like a compilation of songs into one song: basically what Brawl did for the LoZ theme. I just label yours as Zelda Songs, or more of a 'Collection' than a medley.

Anyways, not bad. I think you played the Lost Woods theme the best.

Posted

^Listen to this one.

Posted

Ok,ok.. let's see here..

First Kokiri: Well, I think that I could record some Donkey Kong 64 songs. I wonder if it should be a new post, or the same?

I used to know the Song of Healing.. I'll see if I remember it ^^

And, no idea really. I saw 'music' in the list in the description of this area, so I just put it in here. If a mods needs to, they'll move it for me... right?

Lark: But.. but.. It's.. goldy.. and.. big.. and.. :cry:

Haha, I'm glad you liked the... first 8 seconds :embarrassed:

Tell me if you watch it all.

Phoenix 561: Yeah.. I wonder if the basson could be used more as a sword than anything else really.. or as a Deku Stick at least

Eka: You know? I thought the same, but I just put medley, but you're right. For it to be a medley it should be all blended in one song. I'll change that.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Well, nice comments, people!

I knew there were going to be critics, but that's just fine, I'm not perfect after all.

I'm glad you liked it :D

Posted

First Kokiri: Well, I think that I could record some Donkey Kong 64 songs. I wonder if it should be a new post, or the same?

I used to know the Song of Healing.. I'll see if I remember it ^^

And, no idea really. I saw 'music' in the list in the description of this area, so I just put it in here. If a mods needs to, they'll move it for me... right?

I'm wondering how you mixed my name up like that, but it's Linox just to let ya know.

Well maybe I was wrong then, I'm sure Saha would of moved it by now if this wasn't the correct place for this.

Posted

Whoops :embarrassed:

I'm new here, so I accidentally read the thing below instead of the one above. Sorry, Linox ^^

And, yeah, I guess music IS art after all =)