Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Majora's Mask Wins Game of the Decade - GameFAQs

23 posts in this topic

Posted

[float][img]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1716/mmadr.png[/img][/float]
Recently on GameFaqs, members have been able to vote in their poll for the Game of the Decade.
The polls are complete, and the victor is Nintendo's 2000 Nintendo 64 title, [i]The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask[/i]!

More after the jump.
------

[i]Ocarina of Time[/i] already has its return in development for the 3DS; hopefully Nintendo takes this is a cue to revamp [i]Majora's Mask[/i], as well.
Chances are small, but it's still possible. To be honest, I'd rather see Majora's Mask on the 3DS. I believe it has more of an effect. Not that there is anything wrong with the [i]Ocarina of Time[/i] remake! Great idea from Nintendo.

[center][img]http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Soundtracks/Majoras%20Mask%20Front%20Large.jpg[/img][/center]

The Final Round:
[img]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1829/gamefaqsdecadeadr990.png[/img]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl got the final Second place. Good to see so much Nintendo game nominated!

[i]Wind Waker[/i] got second place in the northwest division; I'm really happy to see that, as I'm a big fan of the [i]Wind Waker[/i] myself.
Although I've been a little surprised [i]Assassins Creed II[/i] lost to Wind Waker. (Not that I would want [i]Wind Waker[/i] to lose.)
But really, [i]Assassins Creed II[/i] was a fabulous game nonetheless.

I'm glad [i]Super Mario Sunshine[/i] at least got nominated, because that's the Mario game I love the most.
[i]Super Mario Galaxy[/i] came far too, with 3rd place by southeast division, where [i]Twilight Princess[/i] won, [i]Kingdom Hearts II[/i] coming in at second.

View the list of nominated games here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/gotd_bracket.html

Posted

I was actually pretty surprised by this. I was expecting a horde of people who play FPSs to vote for some mass produced overplayed FPS, or "edgy" games, but I guess there are so many that their vote was split or something.
It's great to see Majora's Mask getting recognition over its predecessor, as well. It's truly great and standalone in the Zelda series, and a classic in the video game world in general. It's truly a great experience.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time anyday <333333333333333333333

glad gamefaqs is getting some sense lol =3

Posted

Yes. MM definitely deserved it. OoT and MM, I think, can be compared on several things, but overall they're very different games. MM is more original, imo.

Posted

Ocarina of Time, by sheer gameplay, dungeon design, and overall "Zelda" feel gets my vote over Majora's Mask.

But, this opinion aside, Majora's Mask is an amazing game, and one of my all-time favorites. I think MM's story > OOT's story, but that's just because it's so unique. The game definitely deserves any praise it gets, though. Glad to see it beat Fallout 3, an amazing game, albeit a broken mess, and Brawl, which had a terrible story and very little to it other than "FIGHT!"

Posted

I would be fine with Brawl getting praise, if I never went into MLG online competitions in it.
The tier list and gameplay mechanics are so broken. It makes me go rage mode like nothing has ever made me rage mode.
I've broken a TV because of it. ):
Sahaqiel

Posted

Yay!
People do realise the epicness of being a Zora deserves rewards.

Posted

Why are you such a Zora furry.

Posted

They are such an inspirational species!
Actually its more about my fasination with water and how I think mermaids are too cliche ever since I was a child. I to still this day think that something that can swim like that beautiful flow of the water's wave, yet have a human form that could walk around on dry land.To me mermaids were too caged in, unfree, unlike the water's flow. So never felt happy imagining to be a mermaid.
As soon as my older sister went to Zora's Domain in OoT when I was 5-6, I fell in love, their human yet-uhuman bodies that could swim with the waters waves and flow almost perfectly, yet still has the freedom to leave that beautiful, heavenly cage. I would loved to be like the beautiful Zora one day.
So yes, you could say I am a Zora furry.

Posted

If someone dressed up in a zora suit and offered to bang you in the water, would you accept?

Posted

If you asked me, I wouldn't even need a suit or water. ;D

But yeah, I am betting she would accept.

Posted

No, I wouldn't...

Posted

Then you are not a true Zora furry.

Sorry.

Posted

times are changing slowly but surely, i also thought ocarina of time was a better game but for an overall experience i definately prefer majora's mask for sure. and it feels right

Posted

[quote name='Chase' date='27 December 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1293509512' post='327328']
Then you are not a true Zora furry.

Sorry.
[/quote]

Then why do people keep calling me that!