Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

zelda OOT 3DS comes with console?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

hey guys!

i just found this article on a 3DS website and i didn't know if you guys already knew about it so i thought id post it here.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D to be Bundled with 3DS?

Two GameStop employees hint that “some Zelda game” may be bundled with the Nintendo 3DS…

zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds.jpg

Fred, a reader at our friend David’s Nintendo 3DS Blog, went to his local GameStop to preorder his 3DS, following the confirmation of the December 26 rumour (which originated at that site, too). While there, Fred asked about preordering games, to which the clerk began to fire off what the former claimed to be a list of “unimportant” titles…until another employee claimed that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was going to be bundled with the 3DS hardware. Unsure about this, though, he supposedly asked a colleague to confirm, to which the simple answer was “some Zelda game is to be bundled with it.”

It’s certainly possible that this is only a misunderstanding within GameStop and among their employees; but it’s not all that unlikely that Nintendo will bundle a hot game like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with the system to push sales. The strategy has had a proven track record in the past: the NES packed the revolutionary Super Mario Bros. (and the not-as-revolutionary Duck Hunt) in the box; the SNES saw the fantastic Super Mario World included with every system; and mentioning the success of the Wii and its aptly-named Wii Sports shouldn’t even be necessary.

Including Ocarina of Time – or any great game, really – with the 3DS won’t only boost sales by giving eager buyers something to sink their teeth into right out of the box; but will also help justify the likely-to-be-steep cost of the main hardware unit. The move does make sense for Nintendo from a financial point of view, even though some may argue that Ocarina of Time will sell well if it is released to regular retail, too. Keep in mind that there’s also the distinct possibility that the employees were talking about a bundle of GameStop’s own, rather than Nintendo’s. Contrary to popular belief, retailers often don’t know any more about upcoming system and game releases than the rest of the world does.

By Peter D. on 27 December 2010

as the article says .. it's a rumor but it would be so awesome if it was true!

i found the article here for those who are interested: http://www.3dsbuzz.com/zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-to-be-bundled-with-3ds/

Posted

Epic

Posted

We could only wish! If it did, it woud save people money, and most importantly, give it a release date, and a confirmation it comes out early!

Posted

We could only wish! If it did, it woud save people money, and most importantly, give it a release date, and a confirmation it comes out early!

wasn't it already confirmed it would be a launch game? i don't know this for sure but i thought i read it somewhere.. :embarrassed:

Posted

wasn't it already confirmed it would be a launch game? i don't know this for sure but i thought i read it somewhere.. :embarrassed:

No, they didn't say that anywhere. But I think they said it for Japan. Not sure though.