Siberian Werewolf

368 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm bringing back the seemingly popular moon cycles mechanic.

The moon has 4 cycles. We will start on cycle 1.

1.)Half moon

2.)New moon

3.)Half moon

4.)Full moon

New moon-Werewolves are very weak. Without protection from another player, almost anything can kill them. They actually have a 1/16 chance of dying(This may be changed as the number of wolves goes down). (Me flipping a coin determines this. All 4 flips must match for one to die.) Werewolves can't kill on new moons.

Half moon-Nothing is changed. One player with a specific item is effected by this, if they want to.

Full moon-Werewolves are incredibly powerful. 2 players can be killed on a full moon night. They also have total invinciblity from 1 attack.

Everyone is part of two groups usually, the People or the wolves. I'm hoping to have Indepednent players as well.

* Each player has a name (which identifies their character) and a set of abilities. These abilities are unique to the player, and secret to everyone else, unless the player chooses to reveal them. Note that a player's name can be used to try and infer their abilities and/or alignment...but no guarantees.

* Gameplay cycles between a Day phase and a Night phase. Day phase lasts 72 hours of real time, but may be ended early if the town decides on someone to lynch. Night phase lasts 24 hours, but may be ended early if all players complete their night actions.

* During Day phase, the players may vote on who among them they should lynch. If any player receives a simple majority of the player's votes after the first 24 hours have passed, that player is immediately lynched, and Day phase ends. A player's identity and alignment are revealed when they are lynched. Players should put their votes in bold, so they can be easily spotted. Also note that no votes are official until 24 hours of the day have passed: this is to encourage conversation between players. Finally, players may change their votes at any time: be sure to bold this as well.

* During Night phase, no player may post (with the exception of such pleasantries as "Good night"). Players with night time abilities should PM me to let me know what they are doing. Also, every night, the Werewolves may choose 1 player to kill. All deaths, and any other noticeable happenings will be reported to the town at the end of night phases. Dead players can post at night. Some players, although dead, may still have influence over the game.

* Players MAY NOT discuss the game outside of this thread, unless their abilities state otherwise. However, players may converse with each other via PM at any time during the game. Town players will be expected not to abuse this privilege, and follow every rule put down for normal posting when writing PMs. Werewolves may converse between themselves via PM. Dead players may post at night, but they can't give away vital game info.

* Items will play a major role in this game. All items may be used during the night, unless their descriptions state otherwise. Any player may choose, at any time, day or night, without costing daily or nightly actions, to give an item to another player. The receiving player will not be informed of who gave them that item, unless requested by the giver of the item.

* You may not directly quote any PM I, or any other player, send you concerning this game. You may, however, paraphrase. You also may not edit your posts: just double post if absolutely must.

* If the game ends too quickly, I may allow the Werewolf to choose another player to infect before they die. Infected players become Werewolves themselves.

Player[]PM Sent[]Response?

This list was C&P from Guys Vs Girls WW. I will edit it, but dont feel like retyping an entire list. I need more people.

1.)Pheonix561[]Y[]Y

2.)Linox[]Y[]Y

3.)Ammonsa[]Y[]N

4.)Kimmy[]Y[]Y

5.)Cascade[]Y[]Y

6.)Sahaqiel[]Y[]Y

7.)Shadowknight[]Y[]N

8.)Chimetals[]Y[]Y

9.)Kaffles[]Y[]Y

10.)LL[]Y[]Y

11.)That-1 Guy[]Y[]Y

12.)Linkprow[]Y[]Y

13.)[]N[]N

14.)[]N[]N

15.)[]N[]N

***NOTICE***

Changed rules:

*Dead players may post at night, but they can't give away vital game info.

*Some players, although dead, may still have slight influence over the game.

*There will be NO item drops.

Posted

You might want to replace Corrupt One and Arcane, they are never here anymore. Just a suggestion :>

Posted

Are you assuming that everybody who wanted to play previously will play again? That's probably not a good assumption to make. I'd suggest you rerun signups.

Posted

After how the last one failed, I don't know if the same people will want to play. Also like Cascade said, some people aren't here anymore.

Nabe and I are on Skype call right now. Nabe could talk about your "seemingly popular" mechanic with a straight face. I couldn't.

Posted

I know, thats why I said it would be changed.

I think people liked the Moon Cycles, but if people want it to be gone, just say so.

Posted

I'll join

Posted

I'll join too.

Posted

sure, why not.

Posted

Ammonsa you didn't even play last time.

/in

Posted

If the re-signups are on, I guess I'll join too? I don't mind if you don't let me anyways, this sounds confusing @_@

Posted

Kimmy, I was playing until I was taken on holidays by surprise.

Posted

I think the copypasted list is a good idea.

We should have a "frequent players" list where it automatically gives you a placeholder.

That being said, sign me up.

Posted

I'll play.

Posted

I think the copypasted list is a good idea.

We should have a "frequent players" list where it automatically gives you a placeholder.

uh no. New players would get left out, we have too many frequent players for that.

I won't be in, I'm in like 4 games right now. Looking forward to watching, though.

Posted

im in