Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ocarina of Time 3DS Information!

17 posts in this topic

Posted

As the 3DS Japan expo went on today, many games were shown, as well as Ocarina of Time 3DS!

646121_1.jpg

- The bottom screen has a camera icon which you could tap to switch to view mode.

- The circle pad is used to look around in view mode.

- When Navi wants to speak, an icon will pop up for you to touch.

- The touch screen is (once again) confirmed to be used for item selection.

- Tap the bottom screen to switch between inventory, equipment and map. Making it much easier and quicker to switch tunics, swords, and boots.

- The demo at the event has three save files to choose from: The first save lets you run around in the starting village(Kokiri Forest), the second is the dungeon inside the Deku tree, and the third is still unconfirmed at the moment.

- You can also use the camera tap icon to physically move in 3D and look around.

- The view mode is also used to aim projectile weapons (slingshot, bow, etc.)

152264.jpg152266.jpg

More Images

http://www.gamed.nl/view/84550

Video I compiled:

*Information from ZeldaUniverse.net and Gamed.nl.

----

So much I could barely handle, and even more is to come! :wacko:

How do you guys feel about it?

Posted

Those skulltulas look pretty scary with the remake. I'm looking forward to the redeads now that they'll have more detail.

Posted

Updated first post with a video I made. Maybe this should be moved to the News?

Posted

It looks *twitch* great. *Trying desperately not to bitch that they made it cel-shade.* Though it sounds like it's going to be really difficult to play. Eh Zelda doesn't play very well on DS systems. Like the controls for PH and ST. It took a while to master them. Especially since my hands would get in the way of where I'm going making impossible for me to see where I was going, but whatever.

(That's as nice as it's going to get from me. I tried.)

Posted

It isn't cel-shaded, it just uses bright colors. And the control scheme is nothing like PH and ST, it's going to be like the original.

Posted

Well at least the control is constant and that's all we can really ask for. Though I wonder what made them think to do OoT for the 3DS? How many remakes does this game even have? Like 3. Not including Master Quest. You have the one for the N64, the one in the collector's addition for GameCube, and the original concealed within Master Quest.

Posted

There are no remakes. They are ports for different systems.

And it's not cel-shaded, it's just a bit brighter than the original (in some places)

Posted

I've always thought ports were the basics of remakes. *Ignores cel-shade compliments. Not starting this again.*

Posted

HAHAHA CEL SHADE CEL SHADE NANANANANA.

I mean really it's colorful and all but cel shaded? Nah.

Though...Wind Waker for 3DS would be the shit. I would literally take a shit after hearing about it.

Posted

I'm taking a shit thinking about, man that would be so sweet.

So are they adding anything to this remake, like new sidequest and stuff, or is it just a non-cel shaded graphics enhancement?

Posted

I think they're dumbing down the Water Temple. And I'm sure that they'll add an extra dungeon or something. As long as the core game remains unchanged, I probably won't be bothered with it. I don't find the Water Temple difficult, but then I'm also not an idiot.

I just don't want them to change the experience. As long as I still feel nostalgic when I play, I'm good. This is just my favorite game of all time, so it kinda matters to me in a weird way that wouldn't matter to anyone else.

Posted

Why would they dumb down the water temple?

Posted

They'd have to dumb it down because most people were like, "It's too hard. I can't do it." So they'd want to dumb it down for people who can't. Honestly I didn't see what was so bad. I mean I didn't get it my first try because I thought I screwed something up, but I realized I didn't go to the right room. Now the Water Temple is a piece of cake.

Posted

By dumbing down, I think they mean how you don't have to go to the menu repeatedly to switch boots. Gosh that was silly in the original. Water Temple was still hard though :>

Posted

Pfft, I found the Shadow Temple harder. But, I could play the whole game with my eyes closed.