Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets (Super Famicon)

10 posts in this topic

Posted

ast_title.gif

Running off of a device called the BS-X Special broadcastcassette, that looks like a Super Game Boy. AST was one of the few Zelda games that was mainly unknown to most U.s and Canadian residents. The BS-X game was downloaded temporary untill beaten (The first of four parts of the game had two levels). The game had four parts spread over two weeks of data the save file was kept as it continued over to the next episode of the game, which had you start in a different starting location each time.

The special cartrage that was inputted into the BS-X was called the TheSatellaview (all one word)

sv-2.jpgsv-3.jpg

This new base unit (similar in ways of the gameboy player for the GCN) had 512kb of memory added to boost the snes current processor. It also had a 1 mb onborad rom chip

in there also held the O.S. And a 256 flash memory chip inside, just in case the user had not paid (around $30) for a memory card and another $50 for the Super Game Boy style adapter.

Ancient Stone Tablets start off with the player pick their gender then starting off the game. You start off waking out of bed finding someone similar to Sahasrala in sprite telling you that Hyrule is in danger and gives you a huge inventory bag which include the flute, catching net, empty bottle, and other asorted thing. After talking with the Elder esk character another figure walks in. He looks like the seer outside of Kakariko village. Since you have no sword he gives you a golden bee to protect yourself untill you find a sword in the first level. While time passes on the overword the wheather changes continusly.

sekibanboy4.gif

That is most of the games features. Today this game can only be played throw an emulator and it is already english patched.

All of the information was gathered from http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/ the download to all four parts of the rom are on there site and are easy to find. Thanks for everyone who reads this.

Posted

That character is adorable. I remember reading up on this. Zelda Classic (A Zelda game maker) comes with BS stuff too.

Posted

I wasn't aware you could emulate this game. I might try it out.

Posted

I just finished week 1 (1 hour) and it was amazing, I can say.

Posted

Strange. Is this an official zelda game? Why haven't I heard of this one before?

Posted

It's official, but it was only in Japan.

Posted

Well, how does this game affect others in the series?

I mean, there's one very important detail on that small list that catches my eye, is that you can play as a girl. The hero would be a girl right? Does that make it possible for link to be a girl in future games?

Posted

Well, this game came 7 years after AlttP in the timeline. That's all it says.

Posted

I should probably go look into this game some more. I'll try and find more information on this.

Seriously, when you hear about rare Zelda titles everyone talks about those cdi games. Never have I ever heard of this zelda game before, even on the zelda wiki.

Posted

I'll try and collect more Info. for anyone who is wanting to know more about this game and others, I'll just add it to the first post.