Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Wind Waker: Where are the Gorons?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Me.

Posted

Yeah, I've kind of beaten all the main games. Here, kiss my e-peen, it's gigantic right now, thank you.

The mountain in Wind Walker was obviously the tallest mountain from Tal Tal Heights' mountain range, sillies.

proof plz

Posted

I've uhhh beaten LttP, OOT, MM, WW, TP, PH and ST. And Four Swords!!!

so that's like 8 out of 16? Or something whatever I'm halfway there!!!! :>

also Gorons were such wee cuties in the earlier games, why did they become manly and not as cute in TP? :CCCCCCCCCC

also GoC/Rika Code Muffin is joking probables :>

Posted

Gorons can't swim. The Hyrule in WW is like, 99% water. They all died.

Posted

The above is totally invalid. Goron's do not need to swim. The water certainly wouldn't have killed them. EVER. In TP, they can totally survive under water just fine. The Goron at Zora's Domain even contemplated setting up a shop there. One says that he never feels the need to breathe while submerged in water. There is nothing for them to die from. The floods would never have so much as touched the Gorons- they live on the mountain tops. That is how the humans survived, and the Gorons would have been less negatively effected than them.

Can Link swim between Islands? No, he certainly can't. No humans can, apparently, or ships would be unnecessary. The Zora were an entirely aquatic race, and even they didn't survive as ocean-going creatures. Swiming wouldn't have helped any body when the floods came. Only getting to the high ground would have insured survival, and the Gorons had a definite advantage over the other peoples of Hyrule in that department. If the flood was what killed the Gorons, then all the other races should be dead too- are more likely to have died. Something else must be responisble for their disappearance.

Posted

proof plz

It was never a dream, Koholint was real!

Plus, the proof is in the pudding. The final Nightmare has one eye and swings its very angry arms and shit around. WHO ELSE DO YOU KNOW THAT DOES THIS ON DRAGON ROOST.

WHO? THE MOYDUHRUH IS OBVIOUSLY GOHMA. Dethl was never Vaati or Ganon to begin with. The whole game was orchestrated by Gohma, Link's most hated enemy. Always staring at him, sending her children at him, shooting fire balls from her eye. At him.

He just couldn't deal with it.

And that's why the Tal Tal Mountain Range, and Mount Tamaranch(Wind Fish Egg) are the now known as Dragon Roost Island. Obviously.

oriflameacadahogar likes this

Posted

Okay but seriously, why couldn't the gorons have just moved? It's unreasonable to think they went extinct, or rather, evolved, like the zoras.

Posted

Mybe they were just too lazy to, pheo?

Posted

Gorons are far from lazy. They are active, industrious, and have a passion for work. If they wanted to move, they could have.

As has been said several times, the flood itself would not have harmed them in anyway. If it did, the humans would not have stood a chance (seriously- they went to the mountain tops to escape- the Gorons already lived up there). However, the shift from trading by carrying goods over land on foot or in buggies to sailing goods over the rough seas in boats and ships would have been an enormous change for the Gorons, one they were likely unprepared for. Ship building and sailing would be totally new concepts to Gorons native to Hyrule. It would be difficult to adjust. They could live in isolation without trading with other islands, but as a people whose economy relied heavily on trade with other races (see their culture in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, and Twilight Princess for example), they would have preferred to live somewhere where trade would be easy and their way of life undisturbed. With the World of the Ocean King nearbye, and other Goron-inhabited lands such as Termina, Labrynna, and Holodrum, the Gorons had plenty of places to move to.

The idea that they went extinct has zero bases in fact. All evidence points to such an event being unlikely. It is far more reasonable to assume that the Gorons simply picked up and moved to a different country.

Posted

Which we found out in later games that they did. Why is this thread even around now, anyways? The gorons moved, if that mountain in new hyrule wasn't already death mountain. A couple gorons decided to learn ocean travel so they could continue their trading way of life, becoming the three gorons in windwaker.

A question that I would much rather see answered is why did the zora bother to evolve at all? If they can live underwater, whats the point of growing wings and living on a mountain top?

Posted

Well there are a few theories/things as to why the Zora evolved into cute wee bird people.

1) Hylian Zoras are freshwater fish-creatures, the sea is saltwater, so they had to evolve to survive and stuff! because mixing freshwater and saltwater is a no-no (I actually learned something from biology woo!)

2) The Goddesses didn't want the Zoras to just keep swimming and accidentally discovering the Lost City/Kingdom of Hyrule under da sea so they took off their fins and gills and gave them feathers, or scales from mythical dragon god. Which isn't very nice :c

3) Ritos are a million times cuter and WW wouldn't be WW without them :> Medli I <3 you ;-;

yeah I probably butchered the first two but there you go anyways :>>>

Posted

There is a 'Zora to Rito evolution' thread.

Posted

Cas that third reason better be a lie

I found the Ritos quite ugly Medli is cute but it doesn't make up for the the rest of the tribes ugliness

And why isn't Medli a Rito princess?

Posted

Medli doesn't have to be a Rito princess, she is descended from the sage of earth, not water.

Anyway, On the matter of whether gorons can survive underwater for extended periods of time, I'd say there fine. The TP goron would behave more typical of a goron than goron Link would, so his ability to survive underwater proves that they can do so.

Posted

So that means that the Zora sage in WW is related to a Goron O_O