Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

About all the Bots

12 posts in this topic

Posted

There have been a lot of those bots posting random ads yeah. A lot of these have started to have really inappropriate content, so if you are under 18/easily offended/etc, I ask you to please not click on them.

If you see them, do not post in them. Posting in them is just bumping them up and causing more trouble. I am going to start warning people who reply to them. You guys know better.

If you see them and I am online, I assure you I will get to them. If I am not on the site at the moment, try and get ahold of me:

My Skype name is Kimmycats.

My AIM name is OkiimmyO (Two o's, two m's, two i's).

My e-mail that I check most often because of Etsy shop related stuff is [email protected].

If I am not friends with you already on Skype or AIM or if you e-mail me, put in your friend request/first im/subject line why you're IMing me.

You can also check the Hyrule.net chat, I am sometimes there.

If you have my number, text me even.

I have deleted about 8 in the past two days, and I am going to try and get rid of them as fast as possible. However, that is all I know how to do to deal with them. I am pretty sure that is all that I have in my power. I don't know if Tappy knows about this issue, or Dustin. It is probably easier to talk to Tappy, and so I will. We have a captcha code upon signup, to verify you're human, I just checked. Maybe they are bots that can get around it? Or maybe they are people. I don't know. In any case, I don't know what we can do. If you know how to fix this, let me/Tappy/a mod know. Until then, hang in there, It is really annoying I know, but I'm trying to help. :)

Posted

I am talking to Tappy now, seems good.

Posted

Just saying, its probably not a good idea to refer people to your email of business for non business relateed matters.

Posted

Bumps up the thread.

Just saying, its probably not a good idea to refer people to your email of business for non business relateed matters.

I check this one and I check my school one, which lol has my last name. Which a lot of people know anyway but.

Posted

Hey, one just posted in the Gif image thread.

Posted

Got one in the "Nintendo DSi XL" thread.

Posted

You probably noticed, but one of the most recent threads is from an adbot.

Have we added Captcha to registration?

Posted

We had captcha in registration already. I went through the signup process again recently to make sure of it. Tappy said he added some security features. He must have, because we are at least getting a lot less of them.

Posted

"online job at home" thread is by a bot in Forum games, but there's no way you could have missed that.

Posted

mm. I come home and delete the ones that are there.

Posted

Should I just keep posting what I find in here or what?

Posted

Sure? It is not really helpful though?

If there is one that is like not in the most recent threads then yes.