Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pirates!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

The first act of piracy in the Caribbean was when Jean Fleury seized two Spanish treasure ships carrying Aztec treasures from Mexico to Spain in 1523. Since then, many people found that stealing at sea was a great way to make a profit. It is now just after the turn of the century in 1602, when piracy is really starting to build up. Your one of these unlucky souls who have been pulled into piracy, or....

[sign-Up]

Name: (Capt. Jonathan Carlos Rodriguez Enrique Ricardo Montoyez)

PvPh: (Pirate or Pirate Hunter?)

History: (A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away)

Weapons: (Tomahawks... tomahawks... tomahawks... tomahawks...)

Mine:

Name: James Hacke

PvPh: Pirate

History: Seeking passage to the new world, he signed up with a crew that was carrying valuables to the Caribbean port of Santiago. The ship was attacked by pirates who easily took down the captain and anyone else putting up a fight. James kind of admired them from afar. Then came the decision, the pirates offered everyone on the ship a place on theirs, or stay on this one, which will be sinking soon. The choice for James was easy, but others were too loyal to Spain. The sunk the ship and went on pirating. James quite enjoyed this life. The captain of the pirate ship he was on wasn't only better then his former captain, but he was even kind of nice. You know, when not shooting a privateer between the eyes. They continued pirating for a few months, but then docked in Tortuga and spent all the money they had got. A few weeks later, James yearned to go out to sea again and started looking for a crew to sign up with.

Weapons:A rapier that was given to him when he joined the pirate crew and a tomahawk.

Posted

Name: Alli-baster Hamilton

PvPH: Mercenary

History: Born in Mexico city, but abandoned by parents at the age of 7. surviving only using basic tools like spears and bows. His only companion, a Wolf found shortly after it was born, abandoned, just like him. he eventually decided to goto Tortuga and search for a crew to join, either pirate, or Pirate Hunter. Whoever paid more.

Weapons: A sword, bought in the city in exchange for wolf skins. bow and arrows, self made. and his wolf.

Posted

"Lets see..." James whispered to himself while tossing a piece of eight in the air and then catching it "How many of these guys would actually make a working crew" he asked himself, observing the pirate-infested streets of Tortuga. "Liars, cheaters and whores" thought James, walking into a tavern "What could be better than this democracy?" he chuckled to himself.

"Hello, I'll have some rum" he said to the bartender. who just grunted. "I hope you'll be able to pay for it" He said. "No problem" Replied James, putting down his last pieces of eight. He took the rum and started around the tavern, looking for anyone who may be interested in joining a crew.

He dodged a few brawls that have broken out and proceeded to find a young man. He looked... Mexican? and he had wolf sitting next to his leg. "You there, Mexican, do you know how to handle a sword?"

Posted

He turned to look at who addressed him, "fine, i'm still getting the hang of it though. The bow is how i make most of my kills" then went back to the strange drink he had discovered called "al-co-hal"

Posted

"Hey, I'm still talking to you" James said, grabbing the Mexican's shoulder. "If you think your good with that bow, would you want to join me at sea to demonstrate these skills of yours?"

Posted

"I may have lived my life in a desert, but i know that you need a ship to be "on the sea" unless you can produce one, I'll just go back to my drink. Even if you can produce a boat, where shall you find a crew?"

Posted

"Hm... I was planning on dealing with that after i got the crew..." James whispered to himself. "What was that?" the Mexican said "What? Nothing. I'll... be back..." James said, turning to leave.

James wandered the streets of Tortuga, wondering how he could get a ship without money. "Hey, you!" James heard a man shout, then turned to see several men sitting around a table "We need one more!". James shook his head and continued walking, but then stopped. "Hm... maybe i could cheat a ship out of one of them..." James thought, the he turned around and headed towards that table.

"Good, we have another man. Take a seat" one man chuckled. "I'm only interested if one of you happen to have a ship" James explained. "I have a ship" One man said "And I'd be willing to bet it, if you can also bet something big." "I'll bet... myself" "Why would I want you? You don't look like much." "I- Wait... I'll also bet another man. He's a Mexican, good at doing lots of stuff." James explained "Hm... Fine" said the man, boasting a large smile. "Lets get this game started!"

They threw their cups down. James looked at his. Two Two's, One six, One five and a four.

"Two Two's" said James.

"Three Two's" said The man

"Three Four's" said James

The man smiled "Four Four's"

James gulped "Five Four's"

"I call your bluff" said the man.

One Two, Two Four's, and Three Six's

"What?" James exclaimed, looking down at the table "No!" He shouted.

"The name is Captain Dregg. Welcome aboard." The man said.

"Mexican, I got us a ship" said James. "Yeah, now we'll need a crew" said the Mexican, lazily. "It comes with a crew. I won it in a game of liars dice." James lied.

Posted

*shrugs* "okay, but will i need anything? i might bring some food for mi perro."

(we should probably wait and invite others to this thread)