Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Official Homestuck discussion

1274 posts in this topic

Posted

Downloaded

But other than the browser thing I don't see a difference from my internet explorer

Posted

02025_1.gif

02025_2.gif

Finally some peace and quiet. Now you can bear down on your coding. This will surely last all evening, without interruption.

You reopen one of your ~ATH projects you started recently. You are still horsing around with the conditions for terminating the loops.

What many ~ATH coders do is import finite constructs and bind the loops to their lifespan. For instance the main loop here will terminate on the death of the universe, labeled U. That way you only have to wait billions of years for it to end instead of forever.

You have bound a subloop to the lifespan of the code's author, which is you. Any routine at the end will execute when you die. You figure this might be handy for coding something to release a final will and testament. Or maybe some doomsday virus. You spend a lot of time thinking of ways to make the perfect doomsday virus.

Conveniently absent from ~ATH's extensive import library are entities with short lifespans. Like a rapidly decaying particle that only lasts a millisecond sure would be handy. Or even a fruit fly or something. But no, coding with this language is all about finding ways to trick it into doing what you want.

Your hacker buddy is obnoxiously good at it. He's sent you some files which you still don't understand, but you're not going to admit that. He is even better at making viruses than you, which really gets stuck in your nook.

I wonder what will go down if Karkat dies.

If somehow his program is still able to launch.

Posted

But Sollux would be the one to have written some apocalypse program for when he dies.

Posted

That's a really good question, actually. What happens when he dies? Will he die at all?

I personally was thinking the answer to that would be he lives, given the state of the universe The kids live in. My logic works with the fact, proven by Kanaya among other pieces of evidence and happenings in the story, things that happen upon the success of creating a new universe subtly or greatly affect it's state. In this case, the color of everyone's blood in this universe is cherry red, the color of Karkat's blood, instead of having an entire spectrum like the troll's universe. I think this is because Karkat clearly played a very major role in creating their universe, more so than the other trolls do.

Or maybe he's going to make a heroic sacrifice and their blood is red to honor him? Idk. Karkat is clearly important here, though.

Posted

well the thing you should take into account is the fact that they have already created the universe that the humans were in. They created the genesis frog and all that mess

Posted

Its when a man loves another man physically

Posted

TEREZI YOU'RE SUCH A BRO

Posted

Ugh, rehosting. That doesn't sound like a good thing. It's probably needed, though, given the fact that I'm having trouble loading the panels on Google Chrome.

Anyway, do you guys think Tavros is due for a comeback?

Posted

ONLY ON3 W4Y TO F1ND OUT!!!

H3H3H3H3H3H3H3

Posted

I think.

I think I'm going to have to ship Karkat x Kanaya now.

WHY IS THIS SO BEAUTIFUL

Also, Terezi's closed eyes are adorable when she's straining.

Just in general, even.

Posted

:33<lololol now i am a troll too!!

Can WV drive a car? Because i don't think he can drive a car.

Posted

I sent a question:

John? In a car with WV driving? Across Skaia?

Thing are about to get pretty wacky!

Posted

i asked him why Dad needed to use the pipes in LOWAS to get a shoe and hat when he had like 10 of them

Posted

Saw a ton of "troll" cosplayers at Ohayocon. They looked really good.