Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rings

12 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I'm replaying Oracle of Ages/Seasons right now to pass the time until newer games come out, and It's really giving me an opportunity to appreciate the rings that Capcom introduced and the customization they offer. You can make some really cool specialized sets (heart ring lv.2 and blue ring make you invincible when you carry both, and the joy rings make item farming easy), and the transformation and barehanded rings are fun to mess with, but it's a shame you can't equip multiple rings at once.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the rings? Are they a cool addition to the series, or do they barely affect gameplay for you?

Posted

I really need to buy the oracle games, that time I borrowed my friends one before he stole it back it was quite enjoyable!

But from the little I know of rings, they're a good idea, but I didn't really understand what to do with them at the time, uhhhh 5 years ago or something. idk make it a bit easier to understand? Or maybe I am just dumb as hell lol but ehhh

Posted

Loved them. I decided to play through the whole game in a day one time and did it in 8 hours. It was only possible because I got the double hearts ring from Maple right after the first dungeon. Alpha as puppy in here.

Posted

I loved Seasons. Not to fond of Ages.

As for rings, they were awesome. They actually helped me more than I thought they would. Besides the ones that turned you into octorocks...

Posted

I like the rings in OoS that made you Like-Likes and stuff, they were fun! And I liked the Fist Ring, it was fun to punch things!

Posted

This is funny because we just got our forms for class rings today.

Posted

The rings were like one of the best items in Zelda. My favorites, sometimes. I was only disappointed that the transformation rings didn't even let you do anything. Like what, I can't shoot rocks as an OCTOROK?? The monsters you transformed into still attacked you. There was no depth in them.

Also, you weren't invincible when you carried both those rings lol. You can only wear one at a time, and even if you could wear both, they would literally cancel each other out.

Posted

Not literally invincible, but lasting twice as long and then healing yourself fully as long as you can evade attacks (easy enough with the roc's feather/cape) should make you virtually invincible to most bosses. I know it works for me.

Posted

I loved Seasons.

Posted

Damn. I need to find a copy of Seasons. Here's hoping Seasons and Ages will be available at the 3DS store.

Posted

The rings were awsome! A great new feature! I loved bing able to turn into a moblin or the classic NES Link just for the heck of it, and punching the lights outa monsters was farely enjoyable. My favourite ring was the one that when you got damaged it only took half a heart!

Posted

oh man, the memories of my childhood.

somehow, me and my bro wound up playing ages more than seasons, though idk iff we ever beat them as kids. i went back a year or so ago and played them both through, i was nice......except for medusa. i hit her with everything i had, and still didnt do damage, so i had to cave, pull out the beaten guide book of my youth, and check her weakness.........basically the one move in the zelda games i dont really use. yay.

compared to the newer games, though, the bosses were way harder back then. maybe its cuz they were more abstract, idk. i mean, PHs final boss was a joke to me, and then the fairy game you hints how to beat it. OoA and OoS, good stuff.

the rings dont jump out at me as affecting gameplay too much, but i dont think i /really/ started doing anything resembling strategic gameplay till a year or so ago. so when i replayed those two, my tactics were probably "go in, punch things" and maybe throw on a ring for double hearts or rupees or something.