Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Read

259 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm starting to get tired of all this drama... SO AND SO DID THIS SO AND SO DID THAT, BAN THEM NAOW!!! I'm tired of getting this shit.I thought this was Hyrule.net - Friends. Family. Fun. When did it become Hyrule.net - Home of the trolls and raging teenagers.

Sometimes I have the urge to come here and post or do stuff but I just get discouraged to see what has happened to this place, I show up and get complaints. I take care of it I get more complaints. I see people joining and then never really coming back, perhaps because they see people getting trolled and treated like dirt?

I'm getting close to being here for 4 or 5 years and with all this I'm not sure if I want to stay here now.

I don't care if you find people that are annoying, IGNORE THEM. Yet you go and try and just scare them away. I don't see the purpose to help this community if you guys are trying to get rid of people, go troll somewhere else. I would actually like this place to grow back into what it was well known for. A great community.

I thought a lot of you guys were adults if not mature that you could at least behave, apparently not.

Please guys, try to fix this... I want to see this place as a big happy family again if not everyone friends.

Posted

Well first of all, the Friends, Family, Fun thing was a slogan that cropped up after we had what you consider a well established community, and I don't even know where it came from. Dustin put it up. Now that we all know each other so well, alienation of people that are annoying to the community is bound to happen, which is a drawback for having a tight knit community.

You're not exactly helping the problem yourself, with your constant pessimism and stoicism. You never talk to anyone, and now you're victimizing yourself as the guy who everyone complains to. If you don't want complaints, don't keep your access turned on. I almost find it silly that you're constantly looming over everyone, yet really aren't even a part of it. If you don't want to deal with the problem, don't make it so people know you're the one to turn to.

And if you or everyone else thinks people are annoying, what makes you think a community solely made of annoying people would make our site have a better community?

Sahaqiel

Posted

Good tips saha, I'll just leave then no one can complain to me, and hyrule.net meets its doom or something?

Posted

wait what

Have people been sending Tappy complaints about other members?

Posted

Gee, I wonder why this was put in the "rants and raves" section of the forum and not the "let's just stir up some more drama and criticize and blame Tappy" section.

Posted

Good tips saha, I'll just leave then no one can complain to me, and hyrule.net meets its doom or something?

There are other moderators.

And I didn't tell you to leave, I told you to stop advertising yourself for complaints if you don't want to see them.

Also, Cirt, Tappy's the one who stirred this drama up, so I don't know what you're trying to say?

Tappy is causing his own problems by not being involved in things real time.

Posted

Tappy is ranting and getting something off his chest. He isn't stirring up anything, he's just venting and expressing how he feels.

but good one trying to understand and all, really

Posted

People private message me directly with complaints because I'm the admin here.

Posted

I believe I have to side with Tappy on this one, since he is right in principle at least. Maybe we do have a few too may jokes at the expense of others?

Posted

There are specific people, and the problem should be dealt with them.

I get that he's getting it off his chest, but he's doing it by talking to the forum as a whole, and not just one or two people.

As for PMs, these are largely unnoticed, because you're not involved enough to let us know it's a problem.

Posted

and what am I doing right now?

Posted

I have to agree with Knuckle.

Certain people on this site take jokes way too far.

If you don't like someone because they're annoying then just ignore them, you don't /have/ to be a dick to scare them off.

Posted

Does Tappy have to be the person that deals with this? Can we not appoint/dedicate another moderator to dealing with this?

Posted

I think it might have to be Dustin that has to appoint new moderators. But I think Tappy can appoint Moderators to specific parts of the forum.

The problem MAY be how the current moderators do near nothing. Not how we don't have enough.

Posted

I think it might have to be Dustin that has to appoint new moderators. But I think Tappy can appoint Moderators to specific parts of the forum.

The problem MAY be how the current moderators do near nothing. Not how we don't have enough.

This is valid.

Also Tappy can but lol do we have any actual candidates, no.