Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Read

259 posts in this topic

Posted

I would be happy to become a moderator for the Roleplay forum.

It would be the perfect job for me, since I'm one of the few people who still go there.

Posted

I can do anything here, but basically what Marquis said at the end. I don't really see much being done by the mods as is.

Posted

That's because they don't run to us.

Newer people are more prone to seek the head first.

Posted

Did you clear the reports?

Anyway, if you're saying we should handle reports more often, then sure, I'll click the report icon instead of dealing with trouble I see unreported. But it's not like I can do anything past shake my finger at them. You're going to end up getting the work anyway if we ever really need to ban someone.

Posted

why would I clear the reports... I've done some of them yes, why? because no one else seems to take care of them. Sure it's nice to handle the stuff that hasn't been reported but when has this actually been done as of lately?

Mods should be able to ban anyways. If it got down to me showing up and having to do it because a mod asked me to then so be it at least you are trying to do something. Kimmy messaged me on skype and the next day, when I got it I gladly went straight to work to get rid of all the bots.

Posted

No, I mean, there were a lot more reports than this. Do they get pruned every once in awhile?

Also, this is the only current report open:

So why not make a post while you're here? How much longer are you gonna lurk for?

I've not done anything to him and he keeps harassing using the words "lurker" and "lurking"

This doesn't spring from actual harassment, but a common colloquial acknowledgment of someone's existence. It's really not that big a deal, but the person doesn't know it.

As for banning, I have tried on quite a few occasions to get mods the power to ban, rather than just warning until the appropriate time.

This lack of power has caused a few problems itself.

You did attempt to instate the admin panel in the Knights' control panel, but it didn't work for anyone and you told us that we didn't use it, so you took it down, despite our complaints that it didn't work to begin with.

Sahaqiel

Posted

So would you like to reply to that report and close it? Maybe private message the user with an explanation?

Posted

(updated post)

Anyway, if you have an issue, don't rant about it. Just talk to people about it. You don't need to wait til the breaking point to ask for help. That's part of the "uninvolved" thing I keep talking about. To help the community, be part of the community, not just its caretaker.

Posted

the Reports don't prune unless I don't delete them, but I rarely delete them.

I don't see how mods can't ban...

Update:

I can't rant to speak my mind?

post-2209-129713787157_thumb.png

Posted

Yea, I gotta agree with Saha. We never see you around. It took me a few months here to figure out what a tappy is, and that was when you actually posted every now-and-then. I mean, just saying.

Posted

I have a job, school and many other projects I help with. With the little time I have for this place I come and visit this place and lurk but usually get discouraged to do anything.

Posted

If you don't have the time or courage to do anything, then why don't you like... pass the torch to someone more fit for the job? I'm just saying--

I'M JUST SAYING!

Posted

I don't even know what's going on. What is the drama?

All the drama I saw was yesterday with Jareddude. He sent me a message and said "YLA and I hate you for not killing LL to death." And YLA was like "What, I don't even have this strong of a problem."

And I responded with "Report it and I will mod it. If you don't report a post I won't take care of it."

I'm sorry I have been lax on the modding lately. I've had a super busy schedule.

If there's a problem guys, please let me know.

Posted

One of the things I LIKE about this site is our freedom to express ourselves verbally (well, not verbally, but you get the idea). I can't stand other forums because of the tight mod restrictions on everything you can say or do. Here, we can at least say what we mean without getting PERMABANNED or warned for saying anything remotely insulting or argumentative. When someone says something stupid, we call them out on it. I see no reason to act nice and play dumb when that's not who we are. Those who deserve respect are given respect. Those who deserve ridicule are given ridicule. And, with time, those who were once ridiculed almost daily (Jareddude) have achieved a level of acceptance and respect, due largely in part to us finding out about each other and them becoming better members of the forums. Where on most sites respect is expected, you earn respect here, which I like. People don't bullshit and act like everyone's right. And, for the most part, we get along because we all have something unique to bring to the forum.

Every forum as troubles. Every forum has trolls, one word replies, assholes, etc. And, even though we tend to be a bit rough on newcomers, those that truly belong stay. We weed out all those that don't adapt. It's so much better than having to avoid stepping on moderator toes and constantly being annoyed by warns.