Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Read

259 posts in this topic

Posted

Also I was like "How do I ban these bots" because I'd forgotten that I had a ban option. Mods can totally ban.

Posted

I agree with Chase 100.7%

I can't stand other forums because I get warned for even just cussing! It's total bullshit. I love Hnet and I think it's pretty great as it is.

Posted

Then it looks like you guys don't need me.

Posted

This doesn't spring from actual harassment, but a common colloquial acknowledgment of someone's existence. It's really not that big a deal, but the person doesn't know it.

As for banning, I have tried on quite a few occasions to get mods the power to ban, rather than just warning until the appropriate time.

This lack of power has caused a few problems itself.

You did attempt to instate the admin panel in the Knights' control panel, but it didn't work for anyone and you told us that we didn't use it, so you took it down, despite our complaints that it didn't work to begin with.

Sahaqiel

I'd like to observe and point out in my defence that I've made it a habit of scrolling down to the bottom of the forum main page to see who's actively viewing the site and looking for people I don't recognize. I follow them to their profile pages and if they've been around for a while, but haven't made many posts, I send them a message encouraging them to contribute. I think zelda4life I may have sent multiple messages to, though I don't know, because there's lots of people with Zelda in their names.

So, uh, yeah, good intentions.

Posted

We WANT you Tappy. We want you to be here and interact and have fun with us. Isn't that enough?

Posted

@ Tappy's last post

Yea, that's totally what we are saying.

Psh, you are only reading what you wanna read. You are purposefully twisting our posts to make us feel undeserved sympathy for you. Good show!

Posted

Guys puppy, stop insulting Tappy for like shit no reason. =/ He just wanted to express that he felt stressed out and that he wanted us to all be more welcoming and nice. Those are feelings and desires, and you can't like argue with or insult him for them. That is not even a thing to do.

I came in to say that I have been a little lax on the modding and to say that I'll get on it, and that I know now that I have a ban option. And to ask if there was underlying drama I didn't know about.

Guys everyone chill the puppy out, there will be consequences if you don't.

Meow.

Skyler gosh stop being all the dicks.

Posted

Skyler gosh stop being all the dicks.

LAWL- Okay, but only 'cause I loves yous~

Posted

Apparently you guys want a forum full of trolls and the ability to test users by trolling them and if they leave OH WELL! ...this is not what I want.

If that is what you guys want so be it but I'm not going to stay and watch something I don't want happening.

Posted

Buckle down, Kimmy. Buckle the puppy down.

:rolleyes:

Posted

Tappy, you're a mod. You have the RIGHT to intervene if things get out of hand. And if they do, I think you should.

Posted

and I have tried intervening. When has banning become a solution to a community.

Have we not seen how similar things in life have backlashed?

Banning everyone is not the solution and would most likely cause uproar.

Posted

I will work on buckling the puppy down.

@Marquis: Tappy should intervene if he sees something going wrong, but for him, a lot of things are going wrong, and he shouldn't have to be the one doing all the buckling down. It's why we have a moderator team.

Posted

I didn't necessarily mean banning immediately. There is a warn status. The word "Warn" is in there for a reason. If you warn someone, and they persist, isn't it reasonable to ban them for a few days?

EDIT: @Kimmy: The problem is, a lot of the moderators are either offline or do almost nothing. Perhaps we should make new, more active moderators. Such as Clark Kent. He seems to be reasonable.

Posted

Chase is cool, but I think LL should be a mod. No offense, Chase.