Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Read

259 posts in this topic

Posted

Our community is so small, no I actually think banning any of the longtime members would be detrimental to our forum. If Largely Legendary had been permabanned back when he first came here, we'd not have gotten to know how cool he really is.

Edit: None taken. Though I'd like to think I'd be a good one. But that's just me tooting my own horn.

Posted

If out community was bigger, I would suggest you as a second new mod, Chase. :>

Posted

Perhaps mods should be made to specific parts of the forum that they would be good at moderating.

For Clark, I would suggest Serious Discussions: Relationships, News, Religion, Politics, Romance.

VRS would easily be the Forum Games moderator.

Just some suggestions.

Posted

I don't even remember the last time I was in forum games... Oh btw- I'm thinking up ideas for a Werewolf game! Hehehehe.

Posted

I'd be happy to be a moderator if any of you guys wanted me to. Considering the fact that I'm on when most of you are asleep I've noticed that some stuff gets past when no one except a few people are on.

Tappy, I understand where you are coming from with this and I sympathise. I don't completely agree that this site is being overrun by trolls at all, however. It's always been the way here that when a person is being a douche bag we call them out on it until they stop. We don't hold grudges. It's happened to me, I've been a douche and people have gotten pissed at me for it. But once you stop everyone accepts you. If they don't then they should be banned. But a good thing about this site is that no one gets hung up on fighting. This site isn't big enough to require strict rules, most things end up solving themselves.

If you really are concerned about it, make a few of us moderators and we'll make sure it's good.

Posted

I must agree with Ammonsia that grudges are not held. Temporary drama is incredibly irritating, no lie, but it rarely carries over to full-fledged, long-term hate. Things do usually sort themselves out, which is nice.

Posted

If you were permabanned you wouldn't be here right now.

Posted

But I totally was when I named myself Toon Link Addict-- That didn't turn out so well.

Posted

If we're going to sit here and suggest mods for different areas of the forum, I want to say that Maybe Skippy would be a good mod for Serious discussion. Its the only place he ever goes to when he's here and he's also the biggest contributor to that section. I don't know about role playing, but I do know some mods need to be in there, because its mind numbingly tempting to ruin all the RP's in there.

Posted

And I wasn't mocking YLA when I named myself Young Boy Addict.

Well I wasn't sure and I didn't think of that theory. Marquis told me and I believed him. I shouldn't have, but I did.

Also I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making fun of WW, even though I honestly wasn't lying, but let's not get into that. It's like a family thing though. Like if someone brings up something that they don't like the first thing they do is b**** about it. It's like my dad when someone mentions Obama.

I'm also sorry for not being as active in other parts of the forum. I'm trying to be active other places than in Talk and Open Floor all together, but I don't have much to say on most topics.

I guess I'll come out of "hiding" for now. Which is what I was doing. I signed on as anonymous and didn't post to make people think I left when I really didn't. Which is why I haven't been posting for like 2 days.

Then there's the fact that I'm actually getting more of a life which is another reason I'm hardly on. I mean pep band is almost over so after that there won't be anything distracting me most nights. How ever my friend comes over after school now because his grandpa's brother usually picks him up from school and he slipped on ice and became paralyzed and is now in rehab so I have to bring him home after school and I can't get on then. Then there's the other thing that I won't mention, but I'm spending time with her so I can't get on.

I know you probably don't care about the last section, but if I drop in activity that's why.

Posted

I'm honestly not trying to be an ass when I say "I didn't notice you were gone these last two days."

But I'm sure few people realized that I was gone for a whole month recently. Haha.

Posted

I agree with what Chase said. Acting nice to folks just because they're there isn't what happens here. We're honest to each other. It's not like we automatically start annoying new people, because they're new. We find out what kind of person they are, and if the person is in close quarters a lot and says things that are annoying, we tell them so because we can't ignore them, hoping a mutual respect will happen instead of a huge fit. I don't think there's a "hide all posts from this user" option, and if there was, people should just use that.

Also, Kim, in the past I have clicked the ban options and they did absolutely nothing. (To LL, even. Even though I was cool with him. And Freckle, twice, but when I told him I banned him he assumed it was true and stopped coming.) Tappy told us that the admin panel would allow banning access, and that's what I assumed I was missing, because nothing else worked. So there seems to be something I missed.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I've been on a forum that allows people to block all posts by specific users. However, I got around being blocked by having a buddy quote everything I said to respond to me.

Posted

I'm honestly not trying to be an ass when I say "I didn't notice you were gone these last two days."

But I'm sure few people realized that I was gone for a whole month recently. Haha.

Well it was two days so that's understandable.

I think I noticed your absence, but no being on so much I didn't actually notice you being gone.

Also, Saha, I think that blocking people makes their posts go away, but I'm not sure. I've never blocked anyone because I'd feel bad afterwards.