Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Broken wii

15 posts in this topic

Posted

My wii has broken, the console will start fine, but the controllers will not connect and the power button will not turn the console off (no idea how the 2 are linked). I've contacted Nintnedo but I'll probabbly need proof of purchase and I can't find my receit :(

on the plus side, my YinI interview on monday is only a 10 minute drive from the nintendo UK centre, so I might be able to drop it in then, saving on costs, plus i get to go to the nintnedo centre, but it's probabbly not that good, not like the american ones :unsure:

Posted

Your console is fine, man.

It happened to me. I was kinda pissed.

Just unplug it in the back (Or the wall), wait a second, and replug it.

It should be fine.

Posted

I had a similiar thing happen to me! There are three possible options for the cause of this:

1. The batteries, but I'm sure you've already looked into that

2. The connection

3. Its just a small glitch which can be fixed

I had the small glitch which could be fixed. Just turn off the console manually and theres a small red button on the console and the remote. At one point, you'll get connection! If not, then I can't really help

:cry:

Posted

The console won't turn on/off with the remote.

You /need/ to unplug your Wii.

Posted

See if Girs theory is right.

Posted

It's not i've tried pretty much everything, resetting the syncing mechanism, holding both sync buttons down, tapping both sync buttons, unpluging everything, replugging it, changed the batteries in the one wiimote which was beginning to get low on power anyway (im pretty sure its the console because neither of my wiimotes will connect), tryed syncing them manually about 50 times. Still all the same problems

Plus the power button sympton is never one i've seen mentioned online

The console will turn on with the wiimote, but will not turn off because it doesn't connect

UPDATE: he power button seems to be working fine again now, but the controllers still won't sync

Posted

Have you tried different batteries? I had this problem once and my BRAND NEW batteries were DEAD/near dead :o Now I use rechargable... Walmart batteries suck sometimes >_>

Posted

Well here is what you can do if none of these work.

If you payed with a credit card call your credit company and see if they can send you a copy of the time you bought the wii (proof of purchase right?)

If you payed with a check by law you are supposed to keep the paper behind the piece that you actualy right on scan it and send a copy of it to them NOT THE ORIGINAL! (another proof of purchase)

I hope these will work.

Posted

So, you've tried the sync buttons? The unplugging (like Gir said)? Everything? And the Wii Remote isn't responding? Hmm...I'm sure you've spent alot of time at working at it...sorry, my best theory was to work with the red buttons...it worked for me n my brother, sorry if I'm no consolent :cry:

Posted

@dustin

nah, the lights on the wiimote are flashing up they're just not syncing with the console, id tried new batteries anyway though, lol

well thanks to everybody for trying to help, i'll try to sort something out...

Posted

I bet it's the *what do u call it again? thing u put on your tv that gets the signals from the wiimote* thing thats broken. The same stuff happened to me, so i shipped my wii of to a reporation and got it back a week later with the problem solved.

Posted

okay waht you do is buy a new one then put the broken one in the new box and exchange it.

(oh yeah)

Posted

Try the sync button under the SD Card Slot cover. Just push it and then press 1 and 2 on the remote.

See if that helps.

Posted

did u check to see if ur remotes are wiimotes? not 360 remotes? thier both wireless... u cld get em mixed up

(sry im not helping)

umm press both sync buttons the same time and hold for a few secs.

the sync buttons are located: in the sd card area on the console, and in the battetry area on the wiimote.

Posted

did u check to see if ur remotes are wiimotes? not 360 remotes? thier both wireless... u cld get em mixed up

(sry im not helping)

umm press both sync buttons the same time and hold for a few secs.

the sync buttons are located: in the sd card area on the console, and in the battetry area on the wiimote.

I'm pretty sure he's tried that...

well, I've just had a recent experience with this! It happened yesterday, but I fixed it :) Apparently my cousins left the wii on overnight and of course the screen was dark and said press A to connect Wii Remote blah blah blah. Then, my brother accidentally pressed the off button and it went beserk. As mikel said, try the sync buttons for awhile (although I doubt that will work, I've tried it) and go to the Wii and hold the power button ON THE CONSOLE (make sure the flashing blue buttons on the wii mote arent flashing!) and hold till turn off. Then turn it on manually again and it should work :)