LoZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone played either/both?

Ages was pretty much my childhood. I found it about a year ago at my friend's house and became excessively happy then promptly beat it.

Posted

I've played Seasons, and never got far in it, to like uhhh the Moth dungeon place thing? Yeah haven't played it in years. And have never played Ages woe is me :C

...I should buy them sometime soon

Posted

I loved those games when I was younger! It's been too long since I've played them. I should dig them up and dust them off.

Posted

I played ages but got stuck at the Goron dance thingy and hadn't played it in years because my sister erased my file

Posted

They're solid games. I've finished both of them a few times. I like Link's Awakening a little more, but a lot of people think these two are better handhelds.

Posted

I guess I like them for the same reason I like Destiny of an Emperor, for the immense nostalgia.

Also they're really good games, but still. Nostalgia > everything.

Also, yeah. The kangaroo does kinda suck. I got Dimitri both when I was a kid and on my last play-through. I used to think he was a giant armor fish-thing.

The code exchange thing between them is also really cool. Bombchus are weird in these games, though.

Posted

I played and beat both of them. Going back and forth between the two made the two games really interesting, in my opinon.

Posted

OoX were the best games on the GBC.

I played LA and lol there were so many bugs and faults in design. Like when you're fighting a miniboss, it will loop through a set sequence, then interrupt the gameplay to read some line. Or when you're trying to walk and slide along any wall, you'll be locked in place pushing on air.

OoX were together and separately, really unique and great experiences. They're some of my favorites.

The replay value certainly helps, as well. You can play both those games like three times each.

I used to pick each of those games up in the summer and beat them both every year.

Also ya, I always tried to get Dimitri, and hated when I got Ricky, because he was the easiest to get and wasn't that fun. I would actually use Dimitri as a throwing weapon, but I would always make sure he was facing down, because he looked cooler in ball form that way. Also, I mean

Ricky = Can punch or throw a two point damage tornado, charged

Moosh = Can fly and do an unwieldy butt drop that does two points of damage, charged

Dimitri = Just EATS the monster, in or out of water, and that's the end of that

Sahaqiel

Posted

So like, I just ordered these two games off Amazon, because I need to play more Zelda games goooooosh.

But, god sparkly, perfect copies are like £200 each on Amazon @_@ Thank goodness for used copies - which are in very good condition anyways - only being £30 in total.

Posted

You know what's free, though? ROMs.

Posted

^

That's a lot @_@

I have OoS, I love it so much! I used codes online to get the Ganon and Zelda quest :P

Posted

Well I dislike ROMS sooooooo :>

Posted

I betcha they'll come out cheaper on the GB virtual console for the 3DS.

But that's assuming you're both willing to wait for and purchase a 3DS. And then willing to wait for the shop to open in May.

Posted

You know what's free, though? ROMs.

That's how I got Seasons. XD

The sucky part about the ROM is the horribly messed up sound and not-constant game speed. And also not being able to play it when I'm pooping. It also sucks that VBA is blocked on the computers at my school.

Posted

My laptop runs both games just fine I believe. I use a VBA-M, and I'm running windows 7.