LoZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons

116 posts in this topic

Posted

agreed with saha

Posted

Well, if you beat the game in a linked version, you get a finished link version code, so you can play through with the cool code stuff, but it's also the regular plot. (From what I heard)

Also, I got maxed out hearts before I beat the 8th dungeon cuz I'm so cool dawg and then after I beat the 8th dungeon boss and picked up its heart thingy, I went down a heart :cry:

But I learned my lesson earlier in the game, so I just saved before I picked it up. Yay for emulators and their quick-save/load!

Posted

You don't go down a heart. To compensate for the two extra heat containers in the game, the meter shrinks and adds an extra heart to the top row. If you had counted, you would have gotten fifteen hearts instead of the fourteen you had before.

Also, it's called a "hero code," and it gives you the victory ring and the extra heat container needed to get a full 16 hearts in the regular game.

Posted

Jabu Jabu's Belly is like, the hardest dungeon I have ever played in a Zelda game. So lost, dazed and confused ;;

but the Long Hook is far too much fun hee :>

Posted

Psh, counting is overrated. But hopefully I can go back and grab it then.

Also, yeah, Hero code. I couldn't remember the name.

Jabu Jabu's Belly was that dungeon where, even after I had finished it a few times in the past, it always took me a really long time to figure out again.

Edit: Oh wow, you're right! They stayed the same size and were just awkwardly pushed left. I guess that's why I didn't notice it. Thanks! :D

Posted

How do I get Dimitri's flute? I think I havta dance a lot but I'm still not getting it. <Seasons>

Posted

It's a random prize for completing the Subrosian dance. You can get it after you beat the second dungeon I think.

Posted

Wheeeeeeeee finished OOA :> Veran was kinda easy to beat, and Ancient Tomb was wayyyyyy easier to do compared to Jabu Jabu's Belly o.0

But yeah time to start the apparently-easier OOS woo, and then afterwards I'll do the linked game stuff :>

EDIT: ewww more dancing required for Dimitri in OOS? :<<<< Oh well I'll live, such a cute dodongo~

Posted

It's a completely different kind of dance; only correct button input matters.

Posted

Still horribly difficult though... but that may be because I have so little patience and a crap memory ^^;

Posted

It's a random prize for completing the Subrosian dance. You can get it after you beat the second dungeon I think.

wait what

whaaaaaaaaaat

Still horribly difficult though... but that may be because I have so little patience and a crap memory ^^;

you'll get it first try

Posted

2 hours spent on dancing and still no flute ;-; (and yes I've done the second dungeon)

Posted

Ugh, I feel awful saying this, but I have no idea what went wrong there. The time to get the flute is a very small window of opportunity I think.

I really hope I haven't screwed you up on getting Dimitri.

EDIT: Wait, is this a regular file or a secrets file?

Posted

Regular File, I think I'm just /very/ unlucky though :c

Posted

Link must win the Strange Flute from the Subrosian Dance Hall before he meets Ricky in Natzu. After dancing successfully several times in a row after obtaining the Boomerang, Link will receive this flute as the prize. Upon Meeting Dimitri in Spool Swamp, the Strange Flute becomes Dimitri's Flute. If Link fails to obtain the Strange flute before going to Natzu, or he obtains the strange flute by means other than the Subrosian Dance Hall, he will be unable to be paired with Dimitri.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Dimitri's_Flute