LoZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh hey, back to this.

So I started a new game of Oracle of Ages last Saturday, and I forgot how quickly the game moved, lol. I'm like already halfway through the game and somehow I got stuck with Moosh's flute, again. >:[ mehh. I also feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the side quests/mini games...

Posted

If you're past the 4th dungeon then you should have completed the trading quest by now. Also, make sure to pick up the stuff for sale in the secret shop in Lynna city, which you can reach with the tune of currents. There's also the pieces of heart scattered all over the place (just a paltry 12 in this game though), and most people forget to get the ones from Maple and the Gasha Trees, and you can always try to get all the rings in the game (no small feat; it's probably the most tedious thing to complete in a Zelda game).

Posted

So like lol I just completed the Crown Dungeon in my Linked Oracle of Ages, and I was playing on, and then I remembered that the Goron Dance is about now... so taking a 'short' break from OOA :>

Maybe I'll start the linked OOS game then... but the password system confuses me so, I'm so dumb heehee :>

But seriously the dances are horrible urghhhh they confuse my eyes :<

Posted

I will explain the password system to you Cas.

You take the password you get at the end of game A and put it in the new game of game B. As you play game B, you get passwords to use in various places in game A. Finally, using these passwords in game A and collecting their rewards will give you one last password for game B, which you give to Faroe to receive the treasure you got in game A.

Let me know if you need anything else explained, because it took me a while to get the hang of it too. :wacko:

Posted

Thanks for that, Knuckle. I was confused as to how the whole passwords thing worked, too. Well, if I ever do end up getting OoS...I will know. :>

Posted

LL

we should traaade

Posted

ohmygosh password system is awesome now that I get it, I have all my rings now on my linked OOA file, suddenly everything became easier with a combination of Red Ring, Protection Ring, Gasha Ring, Swimmer's Ring and L1-Heart Ring (yayy for bigger ringbox too!), alongside all the upgrades to my items etc etc. So much funsies :>

Too bad I'm in Jabu Jabu's Belly again oh god I hate this place sooooooooo much ><

EDIT: Ho snaps finished OOA again, time to fight the FINAL final boss(es). Eek! Wish me luck guys! <3

Posted

These games were great! Still are! I remember borrowing Ages from my brothers friend when I was little, I loved the dinosaur guys, Toke something, forget there name, ages was amazing. Now iv got them both thanks to ebay :D

Is it just me, or is seasons world bigger then ages?

Posted

Well, ages has two full maps, but it's the same place in two different ages; Seasons has the overworld and Subrosia (a bit on the small side, but still a second map).You could maybe argue for Seasons feeling bigger, but Ages has the larger amount of space in terms of total number of coordinates.

Posted

The oracles are great games. I am currently playing them again on an emulator(literally at this moment) since I sold my copies of the oracles and a bunch of other games so I could get the 3DS. I played seasons first and then ages the first time, and this time I'm playing them in the opposite order.

Posted

I personally prefer Ages -> Seasons, since it gives you the master sword to use on Onox (the hardest boss in the whole series, in my opinion).