Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dragon Age

23 posts in this topic

Posted

The Dragon Age is the ninth age in the world of Thedas. At Ostagar, Teyrn Loghain left King Cailan for his death. But we don't know that. We think that two specific wardens left Cailan for dead. Anyway, the Fifth Blight is at hand. And now that most of the Grey Wardens are dead, few are trying to kill the darkspawn themselves. You are one of these few people who have taken your few skills, or many if your a mage, to fight the darkspawn, and possibly each other.

[sign-up]

Name: (Easy enough)

Sex: (Lulz)

Class: (Warrior, Rogue or Mage)

Background: (I see you lurking)

[Mine]

Name: Rakoda

Sex: Male

Class: Mage

Background: Living with the Mages Circle for his entire life as most mages do, he passed his test when he entered the fade. Outsmarting a tricky demon who almost possessed him. He became full mage and was allowed the leave the tower. He made his way helping the refugees who were taking shelter in Lothering. He was surprised when he heard the Grey Wardens were mostly killed off. Even more surprised when the Blight came to Lothering. He helped save many refugees with his abilities, but also had to leave many. He is currently in Denerim trying to figure out what his next move will be.

Posted

WELP.

WHERES A FURT WHEN YOU NEED ONE.

Posted

RIGHT HERE, PHEONIX.

RIGHT.

HERE.

Name: Capre

Sex: Female

Class: Rogue

Background: Originally a casteless dwarf, it took much time and effort for Capre to finally make it to the surface. Once she did so, she managed to maintain a meager living doing mercenary jobs. Essentially, this was the same type of business she did inside Orzammar – With the exception of there being more clients and even more targets She can come off as brash and overbearing: One who is not afraid to speak her mind even amidst royalty. This has, on more than one occasion, gotten her in trouble. She is not selfish, however, and does so for the good of others. Her love of travel has currently brought her to the holy city of Denerim, and its marketplace in particular.

Posted

I wanna be a Cleric or a Monk. :<

Posted

"For what reason should I ignore these assorted poison recipes you have?" Rakoda argued with the merchant, named Cesar. "Some people can make use of this recipes. Perhaps to take out powerful generals threatening to attack Ferelden?" Cesar retorted. "Yet, I see no other threat then the darkspawn. Tell me, are you clever enough to sneak one of these poisons into the Archdemon's afternoon tea?" Rakoda demanded. Cesar just shook his head "If the Circle of Magi has a problem with the wares I'm selling, send someone with more... authority..."

Rakoda scowled and walked away. How can we fight the darkspawn if we still fight each other? He thought about what he could do, while moving small fireballs around in his palm. "The darkspawn have reached Lothering and are probably moving furthur. Perhaps their next target is Redcliffe" he said, sitting on down on a bench, still playing with the fireballs.

Posted

Authority this, authority that. Merchants would -- No matter the location -- Throw that word out as if it were their right to. If the ones actually buying the products did not like what the man sold, then wouldn't the just thing be to cease selling the item? Then again, if your job was to murder others, you would do it any way possible: Even if it did involve backstabbing. Men such as jailers and royalty would normally do nothing for either side, as few were left uncorrupted by riches and desire. Yet if the merchant were to offer something as compensation, the Mage trying to barter would no doubt lose.

For now, the Dwarf stood off to the side, not willing to involve herself in a battle that could not be won. By no means was she stupid or cowardly, she just thought it as something not worth the time. Even so, there was a deep frown settled on the short woman's face, though half of it was hidden due to a helmet. When the Mage left, she let out an exasperated sigh, no longer feeling up to buying what the Merchant had. The Dwarf would look into buying a new bow at a later date, but for the time being her attention was yet again drawn towards the other man. He had muttered something about the Darkspawn, and that was reason enough to want to find out more information.

Tucking a sack of bread underneath the crook of her arm, she raised a free hand to try and grab his attention. "Hey, you," she called before finally managing to catch up. It was times like these that having the legs of an Elf would be more than useful, because being so short gets you no where fast. The Mage had already seated himself at a bench, and was currently fiddling with his magic. "You mentioned them. Does that mean you have some sort of idea as to where they're headed?"

Posted

Rakoda looked up to see a female dwarf. "'them'? You mean the darkspawn?" He asked, and the dwarf nodded. "I was there when they attacked Lothering. The purpose of a blight is to consume and destroy. They will probably move to the nearest settlement, which is Redcliffe."

Posted

I can't wait to reply to this thread

Posted

May I be a Cleric or a Monk?

Posted

No.

Posted

Name: Salmun

Sex: male

class: mage

Background: Born in a small village in the middle of nowhere, he grew to enjoy magic. sadly, there was no one to teach him. He ran away from home to find a teacher, but after just 6 months of training, the town was attacked and destroyed with only about 15 survivors. those left alive were made slaves. Salmun managed to escape and began to wander around looking for anything at all. Eventually, he got to the royal city of Ostagar. He was amazed at how big it was because the biggest town he had been to was only about 75 people.

Posted

"Of course I meant the Darkspawn. What else would I be asking of -- Mabari pups?" The Dwarf gave a grin, placing a free hand on her hip. At the mentioning of Lothering, the smile faded somewhat, because even she knew what had happened there. She heard they had been unable to protect the city, and the outcome of that was nothing more than grim. How could it have been wiped out so easily, though, was what she wondered. If the Darkspawn really were heading further into Ferelden, wouldn't the situation become even worse? Grumbling under her breath, Capre could only shake her head. "Then tell me this, Mage: Do you know if the people of Redcliffe are setting up some sort of resistance to them? Do they even know as to what might be heading their way?"

Posted

Name: Salmun

Sex: male

class: mage

Background: Born in a small village in the middle of nowhere, he grew to enjoy magic. sadly, there was no one to teach him. He ran away from home to find a teacher, but after just 6 months of training, the town was attacked and destroyed with only about 15 survivors. those left alive were made slaves. Salmun managed to escape and began to wander around looking for anything at all. Eventually, he got to the royal city of Ostagar. He was amazed at how big it was because the biggest town he had been to was only about 75 people.

You know nothing of Dragon Age.

Rakoda listened intently to the Dwarfs question. He stood up. "I do not know whether or not the people of Redcliffe have any kind of defense. Their best chance would be... a local militia..." he said, staring blankly at the ground. "Thats it... I must go to Redcliffe" he announced, turning away from the dwarf and walking away quickly.

Posted

Hmm... I don't RP anymore but I'm kinda tempted...

Posted

RPing is like drugs.

You hear bad stuff about it, but you get addicted as soon as you try it.