Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Omega Sector

1 post in this topic

Posted

Prologue:

There are secrets in this world. Secrets that people fight to protect, that they will gladly lay down their lives in defense of. For the last one hundred and fifty years that duty has fallen squarely on the brave men and women of Omega Sector. A secret branch of the Department of Defense, so secret it's existence is only known the three people...not one of them is the president.

Chapter One: Agent 47...status reactivated.

In a sleepy suburb of Washington D.C. Miles Millar devoted father of two and Vice President of R&D at Horizon Microsystems took a hit from his Bud Light with Lime and flipped over a thick porterhouse steak on his backyard grill.

The 4th of July cookout had become an annual tradition for the neighborhood and he was happy to play host. As the flames reached out to kiss the meat he sighed a contented sigh as his wife emerged from the house, a bowl of freshly made Potato salad under her arm.

"Hey sweetie?" she said handing him another beer.

"Yeah babe, what's wrong?" he asked

"I was in the kitchen when I heard a ringing, I thought it might've been your cell but I couldn't find it." she said.

"I'll look for it Maddy" he said with a grin.

Miles could feel his heart pounding in his ears as he entered the kitchen. A quick glance around revealed he was alone.

"I had almost completly forgotten about this." he said opening the utility drawer.

"47 Zulu Tango." he said aloud

"Voice match accepted." a electronically generated voice announced.

The bottom of the drawer melted away revealing a tiny black device and a keychain with two keys.

"Redial." Miles said into the device.

"Hello?" a mechanical voice asked.

"Who is this, how did you get this number?" Miles asked.

"This is S.I.M.O.N, the Synthetic Intellect Monitoring Outer Net. Voice recognized as Agent 47 Current status retired, duration ten years, six months, twelve days, nine hours.

"Why are you contacting me SIMON, this is against OS protocol?" Miles asked.

"I was instructed to alert Agent 47 in the event of the death of agent 28, this event occurred five hours, twenty minutes, 15...16...17...18 seconds ago."

"What happened to her?" Miles asked.

"Information not Available, shall I play the message from Agent 28 recorded on July 3rd 2011 shortly before her departure?" SIMON asked.

"Yes please. Miles said

"Agent 47...if you are hearing this message it means that I didn't make it back to delete it. I discovered something odd a while back and I don't know who I can trust here. I know you left this life behind but if this is as big as I think it is the entire world is at risk. By now Omega has cleaned out my safe house so I left you a package in our special place...goodbye my love!"

"That is all Agent 47, shall I save?" SIMON asked

"No SIMON...delete all files pertaining to this call, go deep." Miles said.

"What do you wish me to do Agent 47?" SIMON asked.

"Nothing SIMON...I'll be there soon.