Something about OoT that kept me baffled.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Well we don't know whether she recognized him.

But future Zelda probably sent him back farther than the master sword did.

Posted

^ Agreed

If you think about it, her sending him back to when they first met seems reasonable

After all if she didn't he would be engaged to Ruto and have to suffer the consequinces of his journey (IE monsters wanting revenge)

Posted

Monsters in OoT weren't that organized.

If I recall correctly, though, doesn't she send him back to when he was sleeping on his bed?

Posted

No Zelda sends Link back to the temple of time. Then navi leaves and he goes to the courtyard where the young Zelda is.

Posted

I thought the master swords power knocked him out for 7 years and then he woke up...

Posted

I think that it's just a time portal thing...

Child Link pulls the Master Sword from the pedestal = Forward 7 Years

Adult Link puts the Master Sword back into the pedestal = Backward 7 Years

Posted

Not at all. When he pulls the Master Sword, he gets "locked up" in the Sacred Realm. But, when he puts it back, the time is reversed, like nothing happened.

Posted

At the end of the game when Zelda takes the Ocarina of Time from Link, I think that Link goes back in time to before he met Navi. It is like a reset, sort of. The player is just supposed to think that the same thing will just happen over and over again, but none of the characters will realize it...a case of deja vu, I guess. The characters would probably think that they have done it before, but they have no proof.

Posted

I thought you go back to second you last left off at?

You go forward 7 years held in the sacred realm when you pull the sword but when you put the sword back you just back to just before you pulled it.

For example, correct me if I'm wrong. Say you pull the sword when it's daytime and you go forward 7 years, now as adult link make it night time, and when you go back it will still be daytime, because that is when you last left off as a child.

Posted

Yes, you go back to the time when you pulled the Master Sword.