Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skyrim w/Kinect

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I currently have no information on whether or not they might do this. But this would be the time to do it. If they did, it would also give more people a reason to go out and buy Kinect.

I personally think it would be awesome. If they could implement it, it would be a whole new direction for the Elder Scrolls Games. What do you guys think?

Also, sorry if the name was misleading.

EDIT: I'm saying it would be awesome if it were Kinect compatible. Not Kinect exclusive.

Posted

Everything Microsofts Kinect games are rip offs of Nintendo Wii games. And DS.

Posted

Don't make me hate you.

Only most of it so far. Although I doubt you even know what Kinect is. They're coming out with a Star Wars game for Kinect, and if were lucky, Skyrim.

Posted

Although I doubt you even know what Kinect is.

I'm sure I hope he knows what Kinect is.

I would play it with Kinect if it's possible and works well.

Posted

I'm just not sure kinect is quite ready for that kind of game, I may be totally off base on that though.

Posted

I think Kinect may just be a sort of Beta. The main problem they have is they rushed. They wanted to come out with it before Sony released PlayStation Move. If they didn't try to get it finished so quickly, it probably would be better then it is now.

I'm sure they could find some way to make it work well with Kinect. Such as using your menus. That could easily be remedied with voice commands. "Inventory. Equip Silver Sword."

The moving around may be difficult. I suppose you could run in place. Using weapons would definitely be easy. Just move your hands and your character will follow.

Posted

This isn't something I'd readily get behind. Move would be more suited for it, but anything is possible I guess.

I'm a stiff who just likes playing with a controller.

Posted

I've gotta go with CK on this, it would be better suited to move, though I'm not 100% on that either.

Kinect is just not accurate enough and has no way to move, other than walking in place, and that's not going to go over well on such a massive game. Besides that, voice technology is iffy, and to get any sort of accuracy, you would need to be wearing a headset at all times, and God forbid if English isn't your first language or you can;t pronounce something the way the game wants it done. I just don't think it's ready.

Posted

I'm not saying it would be awesome if it were Kinect exclusive, I just think it would be cool to see how it would work with Kinect.

But this would be the time to do this. Its a big risk though. If Skyrim becomes Kinect compatible, and its successful, Skyrim might just go down as the greatest game of all time. But if it fails, this could be a huge drop for the Elder Scrolls games.

Posted

And that risk is why it probably wouldn't happen they aren't going to make that big jump with a major established title.

Posted

lol

Jared, the Playstation Move I can see as a ripoff of the Wii, but not Kinect. Kinect, if anything, is a ripoff of the Eye Toy, which came out for the PS2.

I really don't understand how a camera tracking your motion rips off a motion sensitive controller and a touch screen.

As for the topic, I think it would be cool if there were Kinect capabilities, definitely.

Posted

you

are

so

fucking

retarded