Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Collectibles

11 posts in this topic

Posted

So, one of the biggest parts of the Zelda series is the sidequests. These sidequests often end with Link getting some pretty awesome loot, like a piece of heart or a cool item. What I want to know is, out of all the collectibles gained from sidequests, what do you think is the best one? This can be a recurring item or object like hearts or empty bottles, or a unique appearance like the red/blue rings or the great fairy sword.

Personally, I like the biggoron's sword from OOT the most. It's one heck of a trading sequence to get it, but...wow, what a huge sword it is! And the extra damage is always an awesome thing. I Also consider the Fierce Deity's mask a close second since it's so overpowered.

Posted

As far as the best rewards go, I think you hit the nails on their heads.

But I enjoyed Link's Awakening's trading game over any of them, mainly because it was hilarious. That whole game is hilarious. Play the game everyone.

Posted

I loved a lot of the random masks in MM. The Bomb mask is one of my favourites. Whio would invent something like that?

I also kind of liked the Kinstones in Minish Cap.

Posted

LA did have a great trading sequence.

Never before or ever again will I have the chance to give a talking alligator a can of dog food so that he can give me some of his bananas. Pure madness. :lol:

Posted

I also loved all the crazy masks in MM. Gosh I luvs that game <3

Also Oracle Trading Quests were p. strange. I mean, guy rips off his moustache and gives it to you because you gave him a dumbell? lolwut

Posted

Yes, the Oracle games' trading sequences were much in the same vein as Link's Awakening's were. Which made me really happy.

I completely forgot about the Kinstones. I loved them, though I felt that overall they were too random. I might have missed something, but as far as I can tell there was no way to know how many Kinstones were left and who had them. I know I still haven't found that last person to trade with on my Minish Cap file.

Posted

In Twilight princess, I had fun talking to the fortune teller to get a piece of heart location, then going to that location to try and find it. I think I did a pretty good job getting them that way, too.

Posted

Yeah, definitely have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, I think it's awesome that I don't have to resort to a guide to find all the heart pieces. On the other hand, it kind of takes out on the exploration. But I could always refrain from using her, so it's a moot point.

Posted

I never had to use her for pieces of heart. The pieces were pretty easy to find in that game, especially with two per dungeon.

Posted

I love the masks in MM, and the fierce deity's mask you get for getting all of them, by far my favorite, with the sequences in LA coming in second.

Posted

Man, I need to find a copy of the Oracle games. Carrying around a guy's moustache sounds right up my alley in terms of silliness. That reminds me of one of the equippable items in Disgaea: a Horse Weiner.