Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OOT's New Content

25 posts in this topic

Posted

So, we all know know that, according to Shigeru Miyamoto, there is gonna be tons of new stuff in the re-release of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. Though a lot of it sounds like aesthetic changes and graphical updates, I think it's reasonable to assume there will be a new dungeon or item in there somewhere. What I's like to know is, what do you guys want to see in terms of new content?

Personally, I'd like to see a new, incredibly difficult dungeon to challenge me, especially one that puts items that you never use (ice arrows, naryu's love) to use frequently. What do you guys think?

Posted

There's pretty much no doubt that there will be an extra dungeon. It's "packed with lots", and a dungeon is al ot!

and yes, i would love to see a dungeon where you NEED the Ice Arrows, os you can't skip them if you really want them.

Also, they should fix the "Use keys in the wrong spot and you'll never get the Ice Arrow" problem :P

I can't really think of much they could add.

A Deku Leaf would be AMAZING, floating around Hyrule Field with it would be AWE-SOME. Give that magic meter some use! :P

Posted

As I've said loooooots of times before, Light Temple please? Would make it feel rewarding to get Light Medallion lol.

But even if they don't do that, I wouldn't mind some dungeons being harder you know? Like the Fire Temple for instance! etc etc. And make some items more needed, like the Ice Arrows yeah. How about the stuff they did in MM? you know, just throwing ideas out there.

But then again I would totally be fine with just prettier OOT heeeeeee

Posted

Pfft, make the Water Temple hard! (Yes, I said hard, not harder).

If they added more sidequests, they'd have to move heart pieces and stuff though. But fine with me!

Posted

For me, just a purdified OoT with Master Quest is good enough. I mean, extra content would be nice, just as long as it's not too tacked-on.

I liked Mario 64 DS, for example, and the extra stars were a wonderful way to make the gameplay fresh for veterans, but having to switch characters to play certain levels got a little tedious for me. Some extra heart containers or a couple new sidequests could work, but I doubt they'll be adding any new temples.

Posted

Also, they should fix the "Use keys in the wrong spot and you'll never get the Ice Arrow" problem :P

This also happened to me in the Forest Temple. :< and then I couldn't finisht the file.

Posted

That has never happened to me. As far as I know, the dungeons have been designed to have locked doors with a readily available key ever since Link to the Past.

Posted

This also happened to me in the Forest Temple. :< and then I couldn't finisht the file.

Um....that can't even happen in the Forest Temple....

Posted

Cirt is such a liar! >:CCCCC

no but really this happened to my dad ages agoooooo, I remember. So?

Posted

I liked Mario 64 DS, for example, and the extra stars were a wonderful way to make the gameplay fresh for veterans, but having to switch characters to play certain levels got a little tedious for me.

I HATED the fact that they added characters. It was the worst decision they could have made, imo. The extra stars were fine, and new levels would have been even better, but the switching of characters just turned me off of the game completely.

Posted

I like Yoshi and Luigi, but Wario was gross. I mean, really?!

Posted

Don't worry Cirt the same thing happens to me practically every time at the Forest Temple (for some reason I never decide to look at my stinkin' maps when I am lost D:<)

I hate that place soo~ much

But sadly Din's Fire doesn't burn wood

Posted

Speaking of fire arrows, they really should make it so that the fire/ice arrows have a burning/freezing effect on everything, since only a handful of monsters are affected by them.

Posted

I love the forest temple. I get lost sometimes because I forgot about certain doors, but that's part of the fun of it for me. Plus, the music is like the soundtrack to insanity.