Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OOT's New Content

25 posts in this topic

Posted

This is just proving my point. I mean if they're adding new stuff then it's not much of a remake. It doesn't need anything done to it. I mean it's perfect as it is and they must not feel that way if they think they have to change the game to make it better which they clearly don't.

Posted

I mean if they're adding new stuff then it's not much of a remake.

You don't know much about remakes, do you?

Posted

Yeah I do. A remake is taking a game from one system to the next. Like how they took OoT from N64 to the GC.

Posted

No. That's a port. Ex: Numerous Ocarina of Time ports; Anything on the Virtual Console. A port changes nothing at all or very, very minor things (Button prompts, glitch fixes, etc). With a port, you should be able to hold it up side by side with the original and see no changes. That's the intent.

A remake is taking a game and giving it a graphical overhaul, while adding something new (a dungeon, new items, etc). The core game remains largely unchanged. Ex: Super Mario 64 DS. Same game, but graphics are improved a bit and there are added characters and extra stars.

Sometimes, a game is remade and it is too different from its original concept. In this case, the remake would be called a "re-imagining" or revamp. Ex: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It isn't a remake, but a re-imagining of the first game in the series.

In this particular case, Ocarina of Time is being remade. It has been ported numerous times, but this is the first time it has ever been given a graphical overhaul. It is logical to assume that they will add content to the game, so that there is more for the fans to enjoy than just the original game.

Posted

I think an extra side story would be cool with a new character (which would lead you to a new dungeon and all that).

That and for Epona to have more carrots in that meter. xD

Posted

Fine. Give Link the Triforce and I'll be 1/5 happy.

Posted

He already has it, technically!

Give me the Deku Leaf!!!! >:l

Posted

Yes, but I heard a rumor where they were planning on having a cut scene of him actually getting the Triforce and it physically going on his hand. Which would possibly would be the only cool thing of 3D. Like watching the triforce come out of the screen and going back in onto Link's hand. It's just sounds awesome.

Posted

Do they have the running man? I could never beat him!

Do they have the running man? I could never beat him!

Posted

Not to get the Ice arrow in OoT is impossible, there are enough keys for every door :D