Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda: The Memories

9 posts in this topic

Posted

What are some earliest memories of any Zelda game you played or own?

Ocarina of Time:

I can remember when I was about 4 (In 1998) when my family got Ocarina of Time. I remember my dad, brother, sister, and I around our mom eating these cream cookie things watching and cheering her on as she rolled to the gate of Castle Market just before nightfall :')

Wind Waker:

I remember when we bought this game, me and my brother went straight into the cellar, and turned on the TV. We popped Wind Waker in, as we ate tuna sandwiches (:3).

I remember staring in awe when I saw the intro.

Twilight Princess:

I remember when I got this Christmas Day, I ran straight for my TV, and turned my Gamecube on. My brother and sister were watching me, and I was so excited.

I think I played this until I got to the Lakebed Temple on the first day.

----

Now I just hope something like these happen with Skyward Sword.

Posted

Le'see...

Ocarina of Time

My older brother was the first gamer of the house, so he had this old collection of N64 stuff first and while he'd play them, I'd usually be drinking tea with dollies and stff. xD Too young to really play videogames. Eventually though I took an interest in it and I remember sitting down on my basement steps, looking through the vertical handle bars watching him play OoT (normally because he didn't want me messing with his stuff, pff): it ended up being a daily thing because I was so intrigued. xD This led to me pulling up a chair next to him and to just watch and enjoy. :'3

Years later I remember beating the game for the first time and while he watched the TV screen, we had a bunch of random conversations as I beat Ganondorf & Ganon. xD

Twilight Princess

Honestly I could hardly contain myself when I got the game. <3 It was after Christmas and the same year I'd just gotten the Wii, and on top of that my brother was staying home for a bit of the holidays. C=

We both made separate files and would play on different days. Whenever we were stuck on something, the person behind in the game would watch the person ahead to figure it out. So basically we did the whole 'pull up a chair' thing again like old times. ^_^

Posted

I am tired so I will only do one for now

Link's Awakening

I remember I did this really boring modeling gig when I was four for Tommy Hillfinger. As payment (excluding the money I was too younge to get) they gave me a designer Tommy Hillfinger gameboy colour ( which I still have today in mint condition). My parents then prceeded to buy me a game for it, LA my first and most memorible game. Not knowing how to read, I fiddled with almost every thing, rarely asking for help since I like living up to challanges. I got to the eigth dungeon before getting extremely stuck and kept wondering in circles trying to figure out what to do. After a while of not knowing what to do, I got sick of it and made my parents buy a whole bunch of different things to learn to read and worked extremely hard at learning (though my family were too lazy to ever really help so I was pretty much on my own). Without LoZ I probably wouldn't be as into reading as I am now.

Posted

I have two problems with your story, Rika Code.

1) How can it be in mint condition if you played it?

and

2) How in the world did you get so far in Link's Awakening at 4 years old?

Posted

I have two problems with your story, Rika Code.

1) How can it be in mint condition if you played it?

and

2) How in the world did you get so far in Link's Awakening at 4 years old?

1) I ment that I took really good care of it and it never even got a scratch

2) I have yet to solve that mystery. Even now whenever I replay it I wonder how I figured things out back thanwithout reading.

I still can't get past that eight dungeon though and I refuse to look-it up on a walkthrough

Posted

And I though I was special for beating Ocarina of time at age 7. :(

Posted

A Link to the Past:

I was familiar with Zelda having played (briefly) the original Zelda and it's sequel Link II. But I was just a young kid then and was much more content on the straight forward gameplay of Mario. I still remember poping the LTTP cartridge into the SNES, it was a crazy Spring of 1992 for a Ten year old Booster Gold. I played that game for hours and hours.

Ocarina of Time:

Fast Forward a few years to 1998, sixteen year old Booster bought a brand spanking new Nintendo 64 with money saved from delivering Newspapers. The first game he bought was Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask a few years later.

Wind Waker:

The launch of Game Cube brought another Zelda game to the now 21 year old Booster. He received both as a birthday gift.

Twilight Princess:

News of a brand new Zelda title blasted across the internet. Shaky video shot from a handheld camera showed a lush version of Hyrule set to the music of Conan The Barbarian, gone was the cel-shading of Wind Waker. The game was announced for both the Cube the man owned but also a new system. The new system had a preposterous name but it's new mode of control, motion activation intrigued Booster. So using money he should've spent on rent he instead bought a Wii from the very same Walmart he bought his N64 from years earlier.

Posted

didnt we get a thread like this for 25th anniversary

just saying

Posted

:( I remember the great Let's Play's because they don't sell gamecube games at game stop any more. It's sad for the new generation.