Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

645 Pokemon

29 posts in this topic

Posted

645 out of 649 Pokemon I have collected.

I literally have 645 Pokemon stored in 22 of White's 24 boxes with, of course, extras in the two extra boxes. I've finally gotten all the obtainable Pokemon I can up to this point in White. I'm missing four Pokemon and that's all, Keldeo, the bastard child of the "Musketeer"(horse) trio, Meloetta, the only Normal/Fighting Pokemon in her Pirouette Forme, Genesect, and the most elusive one and the bane of my entire existence, Deoxys.

Deoxys has been so close twice now. : ( I started collecting the Pokemon right after an event at Toys R Us that was distributing Deoxys as well as it being on the new Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, but no one at my school gets Pokemon Ranger. Every game has its own way to change Deoxys's form, Pearl/Diamond/Platinum have the meteors in Veilstone, HeartGold/SoulSilver on Route 3, and now White/Black with its meteorite in the museum. Each game, they mock me and insult me with such things as "Your mother." or "Not a true Pokemon master.", and it makes me remember that I don't have a Deoxys.

I have several Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Arceus, and much more event Pokemon, yet no Deoxys. And it won't be released until they re-release Ruby and Sapphire, which won't be for 15 1/2 years(2 or so years, based off of Pearl/Diamond > HeartGold/SoulSilver) and I'll never complete my Pokedeeeeeeex.

Hopefully, they'll release the event Pokes for this gen soon so I can go back to not having 1 single Pokemon in my boxes.

http://imgur.com/ivpGW

The last Pokemon I needed to complete the NOT EVENT Pokedex.

http://imgur.com/4ZHEN

Where it all started.

http://imgur.com/V6bS7

Where it sort of ends, still needs Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

Discuss stories about how you've possibly tried to collect them all.

Posted

Are you suuuuuure you don't want my Deoxys Muffin?

It's all yours if you give me that tepig ;)

Anyway, I will hopefully catch up to you soon; since this is the last pokemon game I see myself getting, I'm gonna try and fill my boxes with all of them, including every different forme if I can.

Posted

My Sapphire game only needs two more pokemon until my pokedex is complete <Deoxys and Jarachi>

A friend of mine told me that in Ruby/Sapphire you could wait until the 100th shuttle launch and get sent to the moon and face Deoxys

He lied an I wasted my time and sleep because he said I could miss it if I didn't get it to exactly a hundred

Turns out that was only in the Japanese version

Posted

I caught 150 Pokemon in the original Red. But I'll be damned if I could ever get Mew legitimately. This was back before the internet and events were at random, far-off locations.

In Gold/Silver, I think I got up to 190 or somewhere close. After that, I pretty much said F-it when the 3rd Generation came out. Kudos for having the patience to almost get them all.

Posted

Thanks, Clark, it's been two years since I started this little journey to collect them all. Either started at the marsh in Pearl or Platinum and from there, I just kept on going.

Playing Pokemon White was the most fun, though. Seeing all new Pokemon, no old ones, and naming every single one made it more enjoyable than I thought it would've been. It makes me kind of upset that some people don't even name their starter.

Also, Knux, you know I can't do that, your Deoxys isn't legitimate, while all my Pokemon are. This creates an imbalance of real and fake that can only be erased by releasing said Deoxys. I can just breed it for you for free, anyway. Even though you're a diiiiick.

Posted

Wow, I'm really impressed, Muffin. I'd also like to offer you my Deoxys (assuming I still have it) so yea, there is that.

Posted

I think I've become a more "quality over quantity" kind of guy when it comes to Pokemon. I fish out the best of the best stat-wise, make sure they have decent natures/IVs, and then I EV train them. On white, I think my Pokedex amounted to about 15 to 28 Pokemon caught altogether.

It was easier to feel good about "catching them all" when things like natures and IVs didn't exist. EVs still existed, but they were 255 for each stat, and you could max them all. As far as non-legendary Pokemon, 6 Dragonites won every single time. 6 Mewtwos killed everything every single time. It was so simple, so easy to be the best.

Now it's crap because I have to spend all my time searching for the right natures, praying for the best IVs, and EV training dutifully like someone like OCD.

Posted

Right, but I like to be the best. And beat my friends and any random challengers.

Posted

Also, Knux, you know I can't do that, your Deoxys isn't legitimate, while all my Pokemon are. This creates an imbalance of real and fake that can only be erased by releasing said Deoxys. I can just breed it for you for free, anyway. Even though you're a diiiiick.

Alright, but the offer is there for when you change your mind. :D

Seriously though, I will gladly accept your offer on the Tepig. I guess you don't care about what you get in return?

Posted

Knux, I will never accept your Deoxys, just stop, gosh.

And, yes, I'll accept anything in return, since I don't need anything else, and even if I did, you'd just Pokesav it onto your game.

Posted

Actually, I haven't used pokesav yet for my White Version, and I probably never will since it is so reprehensible to you folks.

But anyway, I've never done a long-distance trade before, but I'm guessing we have to arrange a time to do this or something?

Posted

Yeah, I'm extremely against using any sort of cheat device to manipulate the game. It'd be different if this was a Singleplayer game, but since Pokemon is largely Multiplayer, it is exactly what the device says it does. Cheating.

Posted

I've caught Thundurus, can anybody tell me where the other weather Pokémon is, I think it's called Tornadus?

Posted

Hoshit dawg XD Nice. I got copious amounts of pokemon in Ruby, but that was just cuz I was in that "puppy everything" mood when I was that young. I think my grandma was in the hospital for something and I was like, "Screw this I'm playing pokemon." To me, copious amounts is filling up like 5-7 boxes.

I'm not much of a collector, it's just kind of like "Yeah, it's cool. But I'll never actually use it in battle."

Posted

Buster, you have to get it from Black