Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

School and School work.

27 posts in this topic

Posted

the mathy questions are always just percentages though, so you can just do that on paper. They give you space for working for a reason I mean.

Posted

Yeah but I'm horrific at maths so moot point :<<<

It hurts my brain ok :<

Posted

Seventy percent is an A? If I lived in Scotland right now I'd have straight A's.

Posted

Apparently our exams are harder though soooooo

All this 90% FOR AN A LOL, I don't get it.

Posted

Exams, at least where I live, are brutal. Usually 200-350 multiple choice in 1.5 hours. The 200 question one usually have page-long essays after them too.

Posted

^ That's a lot of unnecessary multiple choice questions bro. How on earth do you even answer all of those in time I don't even

Posted

Its difficult, and a few students don't even finish the exams, ending up getting heavily penalized for not finishing. We do two exams on each exam day, and then you leave with a migraine.

Posted

That sounds so shitty

I mean someone who works slowly but is really really clever otherwise could end up failing >:

Posted

That sounds so shitty

I mean someone who works slowly but is really really clever otherwise could end up failing >:

Like the 200 and the essay isn't bad. But once they start creeping up to like 250, even when they take away the essay, its miserable.

Posted

I got my first C during my sophomore year of high school, but that was my fault because I just never really tried.

I'm the kind of person who never studies or crams at the last second but can still do decently well. I never make study guides or flash cards unless they're mandated for whatever reason by my teachers (which has happened before), and turn out term papers the night before and it'd still be okay. I have a feeling I'll have to change those habits sooner or later though. Something tells me a last minute effort that always saved me when I was in high school isn't going to cut it in college.

Posted

They won't :/ I'm the exact same way.

Posted

Seventy percent is an A? If I lived in Scotland right now I'd have straight A's.

It's 80% in Canada. A fail is also 50% as opposed to 60%. Getting A's and passing would be equally easy you'd think, but the tests in areas with setups like that are much harder.