Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crysis 2 Review

8 posts in this topic

Posted

[i]Before you read, this is transladed by myself from norwegian because I already putted it on Gamereactor Norway it is my review and is my property so enjoy! BTW here is the norwegian one [url="http://bit.ly/Crysis2review%20"]http://bit.ly/Crysis2review [/url] (if you speak norwegian):P [/i]

------

[quote]The original Crysis set the standard for graphics in 2007 and all graphical-heavy games from then on were compared with it. The game's story was a little lacking, and so was the gameplay, but you couldn't deny the beauty of the game. Can the sequel set a new standard for
graphics? And will it provide a more fleshed out story and improved gameplay? Let's find out:

The story takes place in a ruined New York with a war going on between the Navy and CELL. The presentation is phenomenal; the game never leaves the first person viewpoint, similar to Half-life, so there is a cohesiveness to the story that you didn't see in the first game.

I can proudly say that this is the most interactive shooter I have ever played, because you can see feet and hands constantly. When you park cars, throw barrels, run, slide, throw an enemy, etc. you see the actions taking place and you feel like you are controlling a person. In games like Call of Duty, you get blood on the screen when you are almost dead and must find a safe place to hide, so that your health regenerates and you can continue the story. This is quite unrealistic. In Crysis 2, the Nanosuit repairs your wounds, but if you don't have the suit on then you will be like any other human and die quickly from bullets.

Gameplay-wise, there are many different routes you can take. Different areas provide different opportunities, sometimes you can snipe from above and others running out guns blazing is the best option. Most of the time, you can decide what to do for yourself. You can also sneak past the enemies and take them out as they come, in smaller numbers.

Multiplayer is pretty good thanks to the Nanosuit. It took awhile to get connected to the matches, but eventually I was connected and had a good time. The DLC adds more modes so you and friends can have a lot of fun with this.

The graphics on the PC version are amazing and work flawlessly. One benchmarking drawback is that there is no DX11 support but it still looks great. On the consoles, it is one of the prettiest games to date, though the PS3 chugs a bit with the game, for whatever reason.

In conclusion, Crysis 2 beats its predecessor in all categories. The graphics are amazing, the story is well told, and the gameplay is tight and responsive.

Graphics: 10/10
Gameplay: 9 / 10
Story: 8 / 10
Lenght: 8 / 8 .[/quote]

I give it a 9/10

Thanks Clark Kent you saved the day once again by your pro editing :P

Posted

If someone cleans this up, I'd be glad to put it in reviews.

Posted

i thought it was a shitty corridor shooter with no depth at all.

Posted

The original Crysis set the standard for graphics in 2007 and all graphical-heavy games from then on were compared with it. The game's story was a little lacking, and so was the gameplay, but you couldn't deny the beauty of the game. Can the sequel set a new standard for
graphics? And will it provide a more fleshed out story and improved gameplay? Let's find out:

The story takes place in a ruined New York with a war going on between the Navy and CELL. The presentation is phenomenal; the game never leaves the first person viewpoint, similar to Half-life, so there is a cohesiveness to the story that you didn't see in the first game.

I can proudly say that this is the most interactive shooter I have ever played, because you can see feet and hands constantly. When you park cars, throw barrels, run, slide, throw an enemy, etc. you see the actions taking place and you feel like you are controlling a person. In games like Call of Duty, you get blood on the screen when you are almost dead and must find a safe place to hide, so that your health regenerates and you can continue the story. This is quite unrealistic. In Crysis 2, the Nanosuit repairs your wounds, but if you don't have the suit on then you will be like any other human and die quickly from bullets.

Gameplay-wise, there are many different routes you can take. Different areas provide different opportunities, sometimes you can snipe from above and others running out guns blazing is the best option. Most of the time, you can decide what to do for yourself. You can also sneak past the enemies and take them out as they come, in smaller numbers.

Multiplayer is pretty good thanks to the Nanosuit. It took awhile to get connected to the matches, but eventually I was connected and had a good time. The DLC adds more modes so you and friends can have a lot of fun with this.

The graphics on the PC version are amazing and work flawlessly. One benchmarking drawback is that there is no DX11 support but it still looks great. On the consoles, it is one of the prettiest games to date, though the PS3 chugs a bit with the game, for whatever reason.

In conclusion, Crysis 2 beats its predecessor in all categories. The graphics are amazing, the story is well told, and the gameplay is tight and responsive.

Graphics: 10/10
Gameplay: 9 / 10
History: 8 / 10
Durability: 8 / 8

Ps. I played the game on the 360, but also tested it on the PS3 and the PC.

There, I tried to clean it up after not having played the game at all :/. Now, what the HELL is "History" and "Durability" and what do they have to do with rating video games?

Posted

p. sure "history" is supposed to be "story", and "durability" is supposed to be "replay value".

Unless he places importance in the struggle of video game design and programming, as well as the struggles of the marketing team and distribution team, as well as any other staff anywhere.

And also has a very extreme life that calls for all his physical memory to be extremely resistant against things that might break it.

Incidentally, I don't like how graphics are such a focus, here.
It's [s]almost[/s] sad that graphics are what people gauge Crysis on.
Sahaqiel

Posted

And how come durability is only an "8/8" and not an "8/10" or a "10/10" ???

I mean what are the standards he is basing these scores off of I don't even

Posted

That is the GR standars sorry!

Posted

[img]http://blog.loaz.com/media/blogs/timwang/Crysis-real-photo-in-game-screen.jpg[/img]