Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your Favorite Sword

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Probably the most famous item in the Legend of Zelda, Link's sword has been changed and modified more than any other weapon. I want to know which model you guys think is the best in terms of appearance and design. Forget about power, just focus on which one you think looks the best.

As for my opinion, I think the Razor sword has the best look to it. The double-bladed style is a favorite of mine, and it definitely looks more durable then the superior gilded sword. What do you guys think?

Posted

MASTER AXE

Posted

The Razor Sword, Wind Waker's Master sword, the Ordon sword, and the Phantom Sword :D

Oh, an the Kokiri sword from Majora's Mask.

Posted

Ordon sword is definitely my favorite look-wise.

But overall favorite?

Probably Master Sword from Ocarina of Time.

Posted

I like the look of TP's Master Sword

Mainly because of its length and how it looks like it easily's balance itself out so than it can be wielded one-handed easier

Posted

See I thought TP's Master Sword was too long. It looked unnatural in one hand because it was so long. I mean, it would be different if it looked light, but it actually looked like a fairly hefty sword...

Posted

eeeeeee Great Fairy's Sword <3

also Gilded Sword is pretty *w*

Big Majora's Mask whore here :>

Posted

Gilded Sword. It is gold, it looks epic, and it may just be the strongest sword any Link ever gets. The only reason people disagree is because the Master Sword is evil's bane, but whatever.

Posted

Are you kidding?The Gilded sword is one of the ugliest.

It looks like party streamers.

Razor Sword:

100px-Razor_Sword.png

Death Sword:

DeathSwordRoped.jpg

TP Master Sword:

mastersword.png

OoX Noble Sword:

160px-Noble_Sword_Screenshot.png

TP Darknut Sword:

Darknut_2_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

The TP Master Sword is really great, because they designed the hilt so well. The gold lines on the sword grip is a really cool touch.

But dat Darknut sword.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It made of gold it doesn't get any shinier or prettier than that. Maybe diamond, but why waste diamond on a sword? I mean it may be the hardest material on Moth's Hardness scale and can cut anything, but it's worth so much that turning it into a sword would be useless.

Posted

I'd imagine a diamond sword would be extremely heavy. I dunno, though. It may be a good idea.

Posted

Final Fantasy has diamond swords. They're late game weapons in shops and don't stick out as much as you'd think.

Anyway, Ganondorf really needs to pull out the huge sword of his that he has in that old gamecube demo and Super Smash Bros. Melee. His dual katana and that lousy glow-stick from TP don't suit him as well.

Posted

See I thought TP's Master Sword was too long. It looked unnatural in one hand because it was so long. I mean, it would be different if it looked light, but it actually looked like a fairly hefty sword...

That is why it is heavy because it is long

Think of a rapier or an Epee made to cut not pierce

You'll end up with a Bastard Sword with a long extended blade that can be wielded in one hand

Aka the same type of sword the master sword is

Posted

Gold is an extremely weak material. You know why prospectors used to bite gold nuggets? Because they would actually bend to the force of your jaw.

I understand gold is cool and all, but they could have designed the Gilded Sword to not look so lame. And besides, it's the way they arranged the gold. Reminds me of old timey festivals with jesters. The diamond ribbon pattern is too festive. And the shape of the sword is ovular. Like, really? It's also pretty much uniform gradient thickness throughout the blade, and everything on the hilt is curvy and smooth. It's like Porygon 2, only lame because it's a sword that looks like a fragile toy given out to children in the middle ages.

As for diamonds, what use does Link really have for money in Zelda? He's not that greedy. All he needs is something to defeat the boss with. If he collected items based on monetary value, he'd sell all his precious, sacred artifacts on the black market.

Diamonds are extremely dense, so yeah, that might be p. heavy, but they're pretty much indestructible to ordinary means, so I would think that kind of value would be worth the effort attaining it, if his only profession is adventurer.

I mean if you think about it, he did buy the magic armor in TP, and that was not only a massive cost to start with, but all it does is make him waste Rupees anyway.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Probably TP's Master Sword.