Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I like that there My Little Pony show ok it is pretty good. (Also the old show is scary kind of and sexual sometimes and bad.)

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Keldeo is so awesome you don't even know.

I like him the most of the four.

Posted

http://msmagazine.co...ony-a-rebuttal/

Yes, definitely intended to be a sexist, stereotypical, girly girl show, obviously ¬¬ Lauren Faust seems p. awesome imo. So much agreement here. I think this article nicely retorts against the silly points people make?

Also, about the whole lack of male characters thing, tbh it bugs me and doesn't bug me at the same time. Like, I think kids shows should have an balanced cast of male/female characters, but shows for young boys fail to do that too, so meh it's not really a good con against MLP. You might as well hate every kids show then. I actually can't think of any kids show that does do that though xD It is p. annoying though.

inb4 someone dismisses me as super-serious about kids shows and gender stuffs. But like, I hate when people just make dumb assumptions about things. Don't judge a book by it's cover?

Posted

Don't forget David Tennant pony!

dr-whooves2.jpg

You just CAN'T forget David Tennant pony.

Posted

Saha.

I know the ponies aren't supposed to look like ponies.

I'm fine with the fact that they're stylized.

I am just upset that they don't play off their big noses for caricature.

If I drew Jay Leno with a tiny chin I would be pelted with tomatoes.

I also accept the alchimeter in the way that i accept the rest of the crazy stuff in Homestuck; As a game mechanic. If I refuted the game as weird, you would challenge me on why I still enjoy games like Super Mario sunshine for having things like a talking multipurpose F.L.U.D.D. unit. On top of that, the alchimeter isn't some kind of magic system. Yes its useful technology, but you still have to go and gather a lot of build grist to get what you want. From what I can see here, there is no system for using magic for the ponies.

Also, my point with the boys isn't that they show up intermittently or at all. There just needs to be more of them. It's like me going to Ireland to film for a new story and only showing drunk people; There's no way that's the entire population, despite how much of a reputation it has for being that way.

And where does Homestuck even have a Caste System aside from the alien planet of psychopaths where they're all killing eachother all the time anyways? If you're reasoning is that I disagree with the idea of a caste system, ergo I would not like living on Alternia, then I agree. Yes I disagree with their society. It is ridiculous and they kill each other often.

and what in the world is a "bunk point?"

Posted

also derp moment: lack of male characters is probably due to the fact the My Little Pony is targeted towards young girls derp derp learn to think. It's like in shows targeted at boys there's always like... 1 or 2 female characters? o_O Young boys get enough tv shows that aren't completely dumb for them to watch so I think that was a really stupid thing to nitpick at.

Also, about the whole lack of male characters thing, tbh it bugs me and doesn't bug me at the same time. Like, I think kids shows should have an balanced cast of male/female characters, but shows for young boys fail to do that too, so meh it's not really a good con against MLP. You might as well hate every kids show then. I actually can't think of any kids show that does do that though xD It is p. annoying though.

the boy thing is explained right there why don't you readddddd. Also of course it's not the entire population lol. Soooo herp derp.

and about the other things, yeah what Saha said, Suspension of Disbelief gosh :| It's a show for children about ponies, seriously what are you expecting.

But anyways this whole thing is making me feel pathetic as puppy so uhhhh.

Posted

It's a null point. soz

And you listed the caste system as a con, as in, a reason for why the series is bad.

* Their lore transcends trite to the level of copy/paste

* Their society is segregated by sex

* Their society is segregated by skin(hide) color

* Their society is segregated by species

* Horrifying caste system

* They are all okay with their prejudism

* They ignore very real impending threats of damnation for the sake of their own leisure

* They solve all of their problems with magic

* Where in the world are all the males

* They don't even look like ponies

The bolded can be applied to Homostack.

The impending threat thing is commonly used as a gag in Homostack, in pretty much every comedic relief panel. "THIS IS STUPID" type stuff, when they're being brought closer and closer to the universal apocalypse and continuing of the cycle.

ur bein biased is wat im sayin

Posted

The whole reason I reviewed it so harshly is because so many people my age like this show, that was in the intro post before I watched this. Then at the bottom I said this show was alright for a kids show, though it doesn't personally appeal to me.

* They solve all of their problems with magic

I already gave you my point on the alchimeter, in that it's not really all that magical, and it's a game mechanic. If you're referring to Rose going Grimdark, there is still a trade off for these abilities, in that she is now Grimdark. I guess the specifics are that she can't speak english anymore, or be human, and she has to do what the denizens of the seventh ring command, or whatever. Being Grimdark hasn't been entirely fleshed out yet.

* They ignore very real impending threats of damnation for the sake of their own leisure

You just, you need to catch up with Homestuck a little before you mention that. Go catch up. This is still a point that needs to be maintained, but very differently from the last time you read it, and it makes this a much weaker point now than it did a month ago. And even a month ago, its still a much less severe scenario than what the ponies had; The one pony learned that as soon as tomorrow the mare in the moon could break free and bring about eternal night, and yet Celestia, who was actually the one who locked the mare in the moon in the first place, told Twilight Sparkle not to worry because "There is more to life than dusty old books." Like, seriously, less than twenty four hours until horrible apocalypse and the person who would know first hand did not care at all because she would rather party.

* Their society is segregated by skin(hide) color

* Their society is segregated by species

* Horrifying caste system

* They are all okay with their prejudism

I suppose these weren't legitimate cons against the ponies themselves, though I don't know if I would want children to watch a show with these themes? Yes they're subtle, but they're there enough that it bothers me.

Posted

You said it was a terrible show. >:

Posted

Pheonix did you read that article I posted? It seems to counter most of the cons you've posted as to why the show is bad pretty fairly.

http://msmagazine.co...ony-a-rebuttal/

Here it is. Again. Because I have a feeling you didn't :c

Posted

Terrible by my standards but pretty good for a kids show jesus go read the whole post jesuuuuuus

I suppose, as a children's show, this show is alright. Pretty good, even. Though, I'm still annoyed at the distinct lack of men. This also isn't a show I would watch in my spare time, and I'm still annoyed people compare it to Homestuck so often.

I think the biggest problem with this show that I have, is that people give this show a lot more credit than I think it deserves, on top of the whole my little pony deal, and comparing it to Homestuck.

Right Cascade let me read that, I had it open in a window but I never got around to it because I'm doing schoolwork right now.

Posted

That first horse picture

Was I the only one that went STRAIGHT TO THE DICK

???

Posted

Oh god Fort why are you so whore :3c

Posted

That first horse picture

Was I the only one that went STRAIGHT TO THE DICK

???

I know for a fact I am not the only one here who is not surprised at this

Posted