Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Desert Bus

6 posts in this topic

Posted

title.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Bus#Desert_Bus

It's a minigame inside a game where you drive a bus from Tucson, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada. In real-time. Without breaks. If you take a break or even lose focus of the game and veer too far to the right, you get tower back to Tucson. In real-time. Think you can do it without breaks? Good one, this is gonna take you 4 hours to finish one trip to Las Vegas, then another 4 back to Tucson. Totaling 8 hours. It's gonna take you a grand total of 41 days to get the max amount of points the game allows.

Think you can handle it? YOU CAN'T.

No, but seriously, this game is crazy lol.

desert%20bus.png

These silly people apparently marathon it every November and raise money for charity. They keep going based on if they get enough donations. They're apparently made it through five days of play and raised over $200,000 from a single marathon. They sound pretty awesome, considering one of them made it his goal to play for a non-stop 12 hours. Like, goshy wosh. That's also a lot of moneys.

http://loadingreadyrun.com/

Posted

Mojo the Psychic Gorilla is the best gosh Muffin

But like looool, best minigame ever? Driving foreverrrrrrrr, 41 days just to get the high score. Totes worth it.

Charity people are p. awesome though :>>>>

Posted

Lol, four hour drives aren't so bad. Maybe with graphics like these they are, though. I'd like to see someone play this game in a car with me while I'm driving.

Posted

Yeah, I remember seeing an article about Loadingreadyrun doing that a charity marathon for this game. They're based in Victoria, so they've done panels at the anime convention there. That game seems like realism taken to the extreme.

Then again, there was a game for the old Apple computer we used to have at school about being a trucker. It was called Cross Country Canada. It was actually pretty decent. You had to make stops from one place to another in the least amount of time, and you had to keep track of things like when you were getting sleepy so you'd either stay at a motel or pull over on the side of the road, otherwise you'd fall asleep at the wheel and crash..

Posted

LL you don't even like Beck :(

Posted

I once watched a stream of Desert Bus. It was great fun.

Then again, there was a game for the old Apple computer we used to have at school about being a trucker. It was called Cross Country Canada. It was actually pretty decent. You had to make stops from one place to another in the least amount of time, and you had to keep track of things like when you were getting sleepy so you'd either stay at a motel or pull over on the side of the road, otherwise you'd fall asleep at the wheel and crash..

Lol and in that stream I was like "is this Cross Country Canada?"

You are alright.