Very good anime <:

BUT NOW IT IS TIME

221351453_fa0e93c756.jpg

TO FINISH BAKEMONOGATARI

Suruga Monkey - Part 1

PREPARE YOURSELF

Posted

That's stupid.

We tried to watch anime with a Skyupe call and no one could hear the video. Also, we can type without looking at the keyboard, therefore maintaining eye contact with the subtitles. We used to watch videos all the time using text based chat.

We had to Livestream Puella Magi because it just came up and therefore we couldn't download the file and stream it with Seetoo.

Besides, I predict you would have started to make fun of the story because you don't have any idea what's going on, bash Puella Magi because all you want to see is cliches, and we wouldn't be able to hear over your voice.

Skype sucks by the way.

And we wouldn't know what seetoo + Skype is like because we're never in your bro circles where you do bro things and invite each other into calls and do things, because you just don't care about us anymore. ):

Sahaqiel

First of all, I'm speaking from experience that watching a movie with a skype call on seetoo works fine. I can understand that you couldn't use it at the time, but I don't know why a skype call would interfere with being able to hear the movie. You can always adjust the volume of the call, or of the video. Just last night I watched that kid's movie Anastasia with some friends. We all agreed it got some good animation, but for whatever reason the people who made it wanted half the effects to be cgi in an era where yoda was a puppet. So.

Second of all, you already know I'm interested in watching more episodes of puella magi. I'm just not willing to put up with mibbit and livestream combined to watch it. Yes I would probably make fun of some things. It's a magical girl series. But after seeing what I saw at the con, I'm intrigued. It's also worth noting I have been casually investigating the development of that space opera thing thats being produced by the guys who did true grit, and directed by the guy from insterstella 5555(did we all know the 5's mean "The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem?" I thought they were just there).

Third of all, "Never in my bro circles." Why in the world would you think you're not in my bro circles? All you have to do, literally, all you have to do, is get on skype. Your only problem with skype is that it lags when it loads a conversation. Which really isn't a problem at all, because it only does that when you turn it on and all the chat from everyone reconnects. Then it works swimmingly. On top of that, it has that wonderful call system that lets so many people talk together. Which, mind you, I've been using practically every night. In fact, I'm going to be going back and forth between the art building all this weekend, and I'm going to be taking my laptop with me, specifically so that I can participate in skype calls with people while I'm alone for hours on end.

I'm going to try and put this into perspective for you. You know Plusook? She and I never get to talk because she's five hours away, and hates chatroom based conversation. But last night, and the two nights she was on skype while she was at the con, she got onto skype. And you know what? We talked for hours. Just because she was on skype.

Maybe that isn't enough perspective, so here's another example. I absolutely loathe my brother, T1g. He is absolutely reprehensible, and I can only ever stand him if I'm only dealing with him on skype. Skype is the only way I can talk to him without him pissing me off. A couple days ago, he logged on and I told him I was about to be in a DnD session. I invited him to join us in our call, and he brought Chimetals with him. For an hour they listened while we raided something like half of a dungeon, and later admitted that they had so much fun listening to us play that they were considering learning to play this game themselves. I know for a fact Soap and Plusook are both interested in learning this game, too. The whole reason I brought up DnD on irc last time I was on was because I thought you would be interested in joining our skype calls and seeing if you thought it would be fun. I am confident you would find it enjoyable.

Here's the main thing, though; My brother and I had fun together. He got on skype, and we had fun together, thanks to a DnD session, that was played entirely over a skype call. The whole reason I asked him to join was because I thought he would be interested, and because he was on skype. Do you want to join my "bro circles where you do bro things and invite each other into calls and do things?" Then get on skype. I cannot make this simpler. Once you get past the "Horrible Lag," you'll notice I've been sending you messages whenever I see you're on. If you ask me to, I'll definitely invite you into a call with the people I've been in calls with all this time. I don't know why the hell you'd think I would, or why I wouldn't even consider you a member of my "Bro Circle."

I'm on skype all the time. It's a far superior system to mibbit, and as far as I'm concerned, it suits my needs better than irc probably does, which I can't use anyways because my college won't allow it. I don't Discriminate with my "bro circles." I am 100% confident that if you got on skype, I would probably devote priority to talking to you, instead of to them just like I did with Plusook. And we are doing all these things you would love to be a part of.

All. You need. To do. Is get. On. Skype.

Posted

Watched episodes 11 and 12 of Madoka!

GLORIOUS.

Posted

We were also not very concentrated on the actual movie, and tended to stray off topic vocally. I really prefer text to vocal when chatting. You free up a whole sense: hearing. You got pissed off when we were all talking at once because that's just it. We were talking. And when the room quieted down, you couldn't go back and check logs. We had to repeat things, and other people continued to talk. Besides, even turning down the volume, your concentration switches to hearing what the person comments then to what you want to say in return. Not only all that, but I was focused on hearing everything. The voice actors, the music, the sound effects, etc. Having someone talking about whatever in the background definitely dilutes that experience. Sometimes I'll be watching something, and when someone talks, I'll think it's coming from what I'm watching. I don't need that confusion.

I knew it was 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem.

It doesn't just lag when it loads a conversation, it also hits random lag spikes unpredictably. Cascade had similar problems. And invariably, Skype takes up as much or more than the memory usage as my internet browser, and those should be the ones that allocate the most memory. Using Skype in conjunction with a stream is just like doubling your problems, and my computer can't take that. It also has a fairly clunky interface, which is reminiscent of Internet Explorer. Bunch of toolbars that are too big, etc. For instance, if I minimize the user bar, I can't see who's in the call, but if I keep it open, it takes up a large part of my screen. The friend bar is the same way. It's really annoying. The update in appearance didn't help at all, and just lags more. Further, if I have a conversation on one computer, and log in on another, it'll treat that conversation as new, so it just adds more crap to a convo I already had, and lags even more.

That you and Plusook prefer vocal chat doesn't make me have any less contempt for Skype and how popular it is to Hyrule.net. Yes, if everyone wants a vocal chat, we'll move to Skype. But if it's text based, which most of our conversations are, I don't see the point in using a program that takes up over a hundred times more memory than an application like mIRC or simply opening lightIRC via hyrule.net/chat. When we voice chat, we have to keep it going, and sometimes, if one person leaves, we'll just go about our other business and won't talk until everyone leaves one by one. It's a really annoying process. It's like when the chat goes silent, only it happens more frequently and creates a finality in the conversation that makes voice chats feel so awkward and rough-and-tumble.

Your statements about me "simply getting on Skype" go for you and IRC. You CAN use IRC, but you never choose to. We're out of touch because we refuse to use each others' chat mediums. I'll tell you now. If I ever enter Skype, and there isn't going to be a call, I'm going to log out of Skype, because to me, using Skype for text chat is stupid when there is IRC. Even if you could get IRC programs, which you could, you didn't want to learn how to use them, so you don't have any bearing in saying that Skype is better than IRC, which is a tried and true chat medium that many major sites have servers with. No site ever says they have a "Skype convo you can join". It's IRC, because that's what works. IRC has simple uses, and complex uses. It's much more flexible and intuitive than Skype, for text chat, has simple settings that aren't cluttered up by unnecessary layouts, and it doesn't take eight gigs of RAM to run smoothly with something else. Even if Skype isn't giving me crap, it still makes my computer vent like no tomorrow.

That you loathe T1G but find enjoyment in certain games played with him has been your whole life, though. It doesn't have to be vocal. You played Werewolf with him, didn't you?

If you want to discuss things in text chat, use IRC.

I'll let you know, though, that maybe 9/10 times you enter IRC and tell me to get on Skype, you never tell me why. You just say "jesus, get on Skype" then idle and forget you were even in the channel. Like last night. I told you we were in the middle of something, but you took it as me not wanting to get on Skype. Sometimes I'll be talking to you, and you'll immediately go to Skype and pointlessly text chat there. Like less than five seconds from your message leaving your computer, I respond, and you're already AFC. It's your ADD with IRC that makes you feel the way you do about it, because you already believe that Skype is better. I used Skype, for a long time, and for a long time, it's pissed me off, from the conversation logs that I have to read, to lag, to the interface, to the problem of starting a user based channel and having someone the moderator without knowing who they are. So I just quit one day, because Skype drained the IRC population because we had one voice convo there and then for some reason, lingered around needlessly in an inferior program for text chat. We've had week long stretches of not discussing anything vocally in Skype, and sometimes, the voice convos were awkward and silent because no one had anything to say after ten minutes of talking. So I got fed up and left.

And there's a trend of everyone, for some reason, having a problem with inviting me places. I've always been the guy who expects to be invited, but then isn't because everyone forgot about me. It's happened with other people than you. But I try my best, personally, to invite everyone who's interested, and then get them there before we start, if they're not asleep, hospitalized, or dead. If they're unwilling, I try to persuade them to come. I care about people's attendance. But I feel left on the side of the road too often, and I'm sick of it. So please, come into IRC and give me a reason, and don't leave me out of things like that. I didn't know you watched Anastasia. No one told me. But if I'm doing something that involves a group, you'll notice I publicize it because I don't want anyone left out. You know I hate Skype, so get around it somehow. Because I have a reason to not use Skype, and you don't have a reason to leave out IRC. You might say you talk to less people in IRC, but that's because you don't take the time to talk to them, because you're focused on Skype. I know I could talk to people on Skype for hours, but I have problems with the actual program. So I go with the best option for me.

Honestly, I see zero reason to use Skype on a regular basis for text chat, other than people that use it who I don't see in other places.

And I don't want to be in a voice chat every time I'm on the internet.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Started watching Bakemonogatari from episode 6 today

Now watching episode 12 <:

wait why am I posting this here

to the aanniimmee tthhrreeaadd !!

Posted

We were also not very concentrated on the actual movie, and tended to stray off topic vocally. I really prefer text to vocal when chatting. You free up a whole sense: hearing. You got pissed off when we were all talking at once because that's just it. We were talking. And when the room quieted down, you couldn't go back and check logs. We had to repeat things, and other people continued to talk.

I wasn't pissed off because you were all talking at once. I was pissed off because it was the first time we were talking in a long while, and none of you were even trying to hold an actual conversation. Fortissimo was calling out random things while she played Monster Hunter, George was deathly quiet, Miku was spamming the keyboard while Betty tried to convince me she wasn't Betty, and despite all that, you spent the only time you were on doing your inaudible nine year old troll voice and talking about how you were on "Trial 23" in Days of ruin. The other half of the time you were gone and left your mic on, and Nate's house is very noisy, which makes it very hard to hear everyone else in the call. The only person who actually tried to hold a real conversation was Cascade, and that was difficult enough as it was because she kept getting interrupted by Muffin, who did nothing but mock her accent. I was disappointed in all of you that night.

That you loathe T1G but find enjoyment in certain games played with him has been your whole life, though. It doesn't have to be vocal. You played Werewolf with him, didn't you?

It should be noted, he's a total dick about games like werewolf in person. Especially when he's in charge of the game. He's a dick about all games, really.

You CAN use IRC, but you never choose to. We're out of touch because we refuse to use each others' chat mediums. I'll tell you now. If I ever enter Skype, and there isn't going to be a call, I'm going to log out of Skype, because to me, using Skype for text chat is stupid when there is IRC. Even if you could get IRC programs, which you could, you didn't want to learn how to use them, so you don't have any bearing in saying that Skype is better than IRC, which is a tried and true chat medium that many major sites have servers with.

My college will not allow connection to irc. I don't know why it won't. What I do know is that I'm not the only person in this dorm with this problem, and that this isn't uncommon for colleges to do. I've found other people online in things like minecraft servers who share this problem. From what I understand, this is the only way Fortissimo can get on the channel, too. After installing irc didn't let me connect from my dorm room I tried, with Cirt's help, to install "Aqua chat" and see if that client would work. I kept getting reset by "a peer." The same thing happens when I just try to get to the chatroom with Hyrule.net's Light irc. This is the message I keep getting.

screenshot20110422at104.png

The college won't allow it. I can only get on IRC when I'm at home. The only reason I can connect to IRC at all is because of Paradoc IRC's mibbit channel. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be able to connect at all.

I admit that I could be entirely wrong about this message. I am computer illiterate, and have a history of being so. Maybe someone in my dorm has found a way around this and I just need to ask around. Maybe being reset by peer doesn't mean what I think it means. I don't know. It blocks Light IRC and aqua chat, and It blocked regular irc for the time I had it when I first got here. I ended up recycling both programs when I found out they weren't getting me anywhere.

I'll let you know, though, that maybe 9/10 times you enter IRC and tell me to get on Skype, you never tell me why. You just say "jesus, get on Skype" then idle and forget you were even in the channel. Like last night. I told you we were in the middle of something, but you took it as me not wanting to get on Skype. Sometimes I'll be talking to you, and you'll immediately go to Skype and pointlessly text chat there. Like less than five seconds from your message leaving your computer, I respond, and you're already AFC. It's your ADD with IRC that makes you feel the way you do about it, because you already believe that Skype is better.

It's not that I think Skype is necessarily better than IRC. In terms of text, it's probably not. But I only have it to compare to mibbit, which is an absolutely shitty program. In a mibbit chat, my name is red and everyone else's is the exact same shade of green. Which is great, because the background for the chat is a lighter shade of green, which makes it impossible to tell who is talking when conversations get fast. If you mouse over someone's text, it shows what lines they've spoken on the screen, but that doesn't do anything because people are constantly talking and the text just scrolls. The reason I go back to skype so quickly is because skype actually pings me when people are talking, so I know I should be in a conversation. And I can follow whats going on, since I can actually see people's names, and having avatars to associate people with helps.

And there's a trend of everyone, for some reason, having a problem with inviting me places. I've always been the guy who expects to be invited, but then isn't because everyone forgot about me. It's happened with other people than you. But I try my best, personally, to invite everyone who's interested, and then get them there before we start, if they're not asleep, hospitalized, or dead. If they're unwilling, I try to persuade them to come. I care about people's attendance. But I feel left on the side of the road too often, and I'm sick of it. So please, come into IRC and give me a reason, and don't leave me out of things like that. I didn't know you watched Anastasia. No one told me. But if I'm doing something that involves a group, you'll notice I publicize it because I don't want anyone left out. You know I hate Skype, so get around it somehow. Because I have a reason to not use Skype, and you don't have a reason to leave out IRC. You might say you talk to less people in IRC, but that's because you don't take the time to talk to them, because you're focused on Skype. I know I could talk to people on Skype for hours, but I have problems with the actual program. So I go with the best option for me.

I cannot understand where you keep getting the idea that I have a problem inviting you places. You are always welcome where I am. Always. I can't stress that enough. I can't think of any place I wouldn't take you. Does it mean anything when I say you're my broest of bros, despite the fact that we have a problem using different chat systems and being far away from each other? Watching Anastasia wasn't "Some kind of grand, planned event." This guy here just has all these movies downloaded, and occasionally he uploads them to seetoo for us to watch. I've been bothering him to get The Triplets of Belleville, because I think if Hyrule.net is going to have another movie night, it needs to be with that one. I only learned they were watching Anastasia when they were already halfway through the movie, and I didn't think you would be interested in it at all. That's not me having a problem with inviting you. Anastasia was a bad movie with bad cgi, with about forty minutes left in the movie, and you were getting ready for the big anime night. The only redeeming factor was nostalgia, and this was a movie not a lot of people had seen, so I guessed you hadn't. Even with the nostalgia, it's still a bad movie. No one even had Russian accents except for the comic relief guy, and his was faked pretty badly.

Also, this is Mibbit, if you've forgotten.

screenshot20110422at111.png

This is the worst thing ever.

Posted

oh god I can see my mindless rambles :<<<<<<

Posted

I always call out things and talk to myself when I'm doing /anything/.

I don't keep very good conversations like you guys do, so that's how I handle it.

Just saying.

Posted

I love the sad faces on mibbit

They're adorable

Posted

We were all talking and having fun. I admit the loudness of Nate's house with the dogs, and the guitar hero playing was annoying, as well as keyboard spam etc., but I actually told you like three times that I was at the part right after I was introduced to naval battles. You referenced a CO I was unfamiliar with, I told you I didn't know who that was, that I would rather we not discuss the plot lest you spoil something since I didn't know the exact mission number, and we left it at that. We held an intelligible conversation, even when I was using my nine year old voice. You keep choosing to ignore or forget that part because you want to be frustrated with us. In fact, after the chat quieted down, and the convo was left up to Muffin, Fort, Nate/Josh (involuntarily) and I, we had a lengthy and enjoyable conversation about various things.

I think Mibbit has a different way of doing things (that sucks) but allows you to get past your college's block. I don't want to go into it, because Mibbit sucks and I am not familiar enough with your IRC blocking problem enough to help. Just letting you know, though, the Mibbit background you pictured is totally white. The fact that Skype pings you is totally irrelevant. Instant messengers have pinged since forever. And, with IRC clients, some allow you to actually make a list of names that, if people say them, it will ping you and highlight the IRC client's window. For instance, Muffin has a ping for the name he has at the time, Fierce_Muffin, Muffin, mFufni, Muff, Muffo, and Mufn. He's set it so all these nicks ping him, so he won't get pinged when no one is talking to him. If he wanted, though, he could set it so it pings him every time someone says "Pokemon", or "moe moe kawaii desu XD ^_^;;" so he knows the conversation is relevant to his interests. mIRC, also, has an icon that blinks a different color every time there is a new message, so it's like soft pinging you.

And this is unrelated, since the elitistfolk were like rage, colors have been disabled from regular use in the chat. Before, we each used to have a unique color of text we used to instantly recognize each others' speech. Well, not totally unique. In IRC, there are only about 14 colors, but they were effective enough since our chat was small at the time. You could also have your text bolded, so it was really like 28 different things.

Also, I've seen Anastasia. It was lol.

Incidentally, the chat going on in Mibbit is no different than the chats that go on in Skype. We have silly convos like that all the time, and, as it were, almost everyone in that image, except Double, are part of the Skype chats too. If you really want to display the grotesque side of the chat userbase, come back when there are a bunch of ZD users. But I like that side of IRC, because it's unpredictable, and it gives us new experiences, good and bad. I grew really tired of Skype, which was so exclusive, and we never got any new people. Just the same routine every day. People come, people go, people stay, people leave. It strengthens bonds to know you are part of the reason why other people stay, and there's a certain loyalty with being part of it. It's kind of like Animal Crossing.

And, don't quote me on this because I'm not sure, but it's been reported by a recent flood of ZD users that our channel is actually one of the top Zelda chats, according to Nintendo Power. According to the users that flooded in, our channel was featured in Nintendo Power. Whether it was listed as ZD's chat or ours (which it is ours) is unknown. But so many things are started in #Zelda and take off, from friendships, to Operation Troll YLA, to various user politics, to any other amount of discussion.

And folks suck because they miss out on it so hardcore.

Sahaqiel

Posted

But so many things are started in #Zelda and take off, from friendships, to Operation Troll YLA, to various user politics, to any other amount of discussion.

And folks suck because they miss out on it so hardcore.

Sahaqiel

This. Just this. Seriously more forumgoers should go on IRC. Like, as much as I love all the people who are on it daily, it would be nice to see some faces from here and have new conversations sometimes gosh. :<<< It's not as if you're particularly inactive, being on the forum at least once a day or anything...

Posted

Nope, not a fan of IRC

Or instant messaging in general sort of

But I will visit every now and then

JUST LIKE NOW

actually no