Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule.net Anime Night, 21 - 04 - 2011

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I watched parts of Eden of the East and didn't like it. << It was a WONDERFUL concept with like what I thought was kind of mediocre implementation and bad art. Like I didn't like the art style in the slightest.

The implementation could have been better, probably, but the art isn't bad.

It's called shoujo style, which tends to have wider faces and similarly proportioned eyes. Of course, it's not restricted to one art style, but this certainly isn't bad. This art style is typically directed at girls, hence shoujo (girl), which is sort of a genre.

When I first encountered shoujo style, I was really uncomfortable, too, but I have since warmed up to it, and one of my favorite series is in shoujo style.

How can you even hate on this, though??

eden-of-the-east-incredulity.jpg

(lol mufn

johnnies! johnnies everywhere!)

Also, YOU BETTER, T1G. I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS SERIES SO LONG AGO, DICK.

And yes, I agree, Teto. The teacher's just hilarious most of the time. I really enjoy how she's on one topic, then she somehow incorporates it to being a Christmas Cake. Watch the rest quick!!!

Sahaqiel

Posted

So apparently now I'm working the late shift tonight.

;____;

Have fun though and rave about the endings to both Madoka and Eden's movie! I'll likely get to watching those on Saturday.

Posted

what the diiix ekaaaaaaaaaa

ugh

Fine.

We'll have to decide a time later.

It should be a bit after 7 or 8pm -6:00 Central Time, though.

dat night life

soz scotfolk. :<

Sahaqiel

Posted

Done ep 10

Now I wait

221351453_fa0e93c756.jpg

Posted

I'll be home probably about 8:30 (in your silly timeline), so blah blah wait up.

Also, dat Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

asljdflajsefijasdjf;ahdfk.

Posted

b'aw Eka :< that's annoyinggg. Enjoy your viewings later thoughhhh!

Also lol expect me to stay up all night, I just slept from like... 4pm to 12am lol I have terrible sleeping patterns.

So like, 7pm central time is 1am GMT? oh that's fine then. :>

Posted

Soooooo

I'd say anime night was a success! Puella Magi's ending was, ohmygosh just the best ;____________; I was in so many tears, the good, the bad and the adorable kind!!! Akemi and Madoka, oh my stars <3333 why was everything soooo goooddd. Definitely one of my favouritest animes everrrrr <3

Everyone needs to go finish/watch Puella Magi immediately. Love it!!! Cry at it!!! Appreciate the music and art style and characters!!! ;;

Eden of the East was good too lol, puppers in a bag!!! <3 Everything was so nonsensical though loll.

I need a puppers in a bag for my avatar now, gosh darn :<<<

EDIT: Oh, this was a double post loool :< Well, everyone does it anyways gosh, but still how annoying of me.

Posted

Hnng so tired, but I was able to sleep in today since a get-together with friends was moved from today to Monday.

Meaning I'm tot's watching the rest of Madoka. <3 Good to hear it was a good ending!

Unsure when I'm gonna watch Eden's movie, only because I think some other friends (who I watched the series and first movie with) will probably want to watch it together as well. Hopefully that'll be sometime this weekend.

Posted

Ya.

Ganny had to bail on Madoka Magica, since he was tired and sick, and Fort was whore, and Ahmet bailed way early like a dick, but Mufn, Cascada, and I watched it and good times were had by all.

It was super beautiful.

I was disappointed that everyone was confused by Eden of the East, though. It's probably because we stayed up too late when we watched the first movie, and it had been so long since we watched it so it wasn't as fresh in our minds.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That's a possibility too. :<

It had a somewhat complex political plot.

Posted

Loading Madoka Episode 12 atm

I'll maybe watch Eden of the East sometime.

Posted

Maybe I

will bother Sahaqiel to get on skype next time he wants to watch a movie so we can do a call while we watch

because its so much better watching movies with great programs like seetoo and with great programs like skype

shit man how do you even watch a movie and type on irc at the same time, that's a terrible way to watch a movie

Speaking from experience seetoo + skype call is the best way to watch any movie with friends online

Posted

But yeah

Woke up this morning and immediately watched 11 + 12

Best thing I do not even

Posted

Skype call would've been fun actually :<<<<

Also lol I've totally forgotton everything that happened in the Eden of the East movie. Except puppers in a bag eeee need to avatarify thatttt :>>>

Posted

Maybe I

will bother Sahaqiel to get on skype next time he wants to watch a movie so we can do a call while we watch

because its so much better watching movies with great programs like seetoo and with great programs like skype

shit man how do you even watch a movie and type on irc at the same time, that's a terrible way to watch a movie

Speaking from experience seetoo + skype call is the best way to watch any movie with friends online

That's stupid.

We tried to watch anime with a Skyupe call and no one could hear the video. Also, we can type without looking at the keyboard, therefore maintaining eye contact with the subtitles. We used to watch videos all the time using text based chat.

We had to Livestream Puella Magi because it just came up and therefore we couldn't download the file and stream it with Seetoo.

Besides, I predict you would have started to make fun of the story because you don't have any idea what's going on, bash Puella Magi because all you want to see is cliches, and we wouldn't be able to hear over your voice.

Skype sucks by the way.

And we wouldn't know what seetoo + Skype is like because we're never in your bro circles where you do bro things and invite each other into calls and do things, because you just don't care about us anymore. ):

Sahaqiel