Why I Think the Dark Interlopers Could Be the Gerudo

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Just humor me for a minute. I have a theory that the gerudo or at least part of the gerudo are the ancestors of the dark interlopers. Why this is? Well to answer that question we have to go back to the beginning just after the goddesses created hyrule and the tribes roamed the land.

At this time I believe that a tribe of horse lords migrated from their native land of the west to the beautiful eden that will one day become the gerudo desert. Set up a settlement and started trade with the tribes of hyrule. There they became quite successful and powerful. They excelled in the arts of magic, war, and engineering.

But then the valley had a drought, tensions began to rise and the gerudo tribe split into two. One tribe was ruled by a man and the other a woman. The tribe ruled by a man decided that if they took the triforce they could return the valley to its original glory and so they made war on hyrule for the triforce using their advanced knowledge of magic to their advantage.

A allied group of Kokiri, Zora, Goron, and Hylians stoped their advance though and the Goddesses came down and punished that male led tribe by imprisoning them in the twilight, then to punish the female led tribe who did not assist the allied forces because they would not attack their brothers, the Goddesses cursed them to never give birth to a male heir but once every hundred years. Abandoned by the Goddesses the remaining Gerudo retreated into their now baron desert where they were excepted with open arms by a new Goddess of the land.

The Goddesses then gave a gift to each of the races that helped in the battle, they sent their messengers the Ooca to give a stone to the kokri, Gorons, and Zora. Then they gave the Hylians the ocarina.

they bestowed a special gift on a few choice Hylians making them stronger and faster and adept at magic arts. This birth the shieka race. Then the Shieka along with the hylians, and the Ooca constucted the temple of time, kakariko village ,and a prison in the desert.

Well there you go thats my theory , what do you think?

T1g likes this

Posted

this makes absolutely no puppying sense

give three in-game examples that keep this from being shitty fanfiction

oh wait too late for that

give me the three examples anyway

Posted

That's why Midna looks like a Gerudo!

Posted

Please refrain from swearing and if your going to dispute my theory give me hard evidence as to why its wrong.

Posted

Give us hard evidence as to why it's right.

All the evidence you've presented so far is softer than mist.

SO SOFT

Posted

Give us hard evidence as to why it's right.

All the evidence you've presented so far is softer than mist.

SO SOFT

My bad I didn't explain the reason I posted this in the first place. I wanted to see if there were any holes in my theory.

fyi; mist isn't soft

Posted

At this time I believe that a tribe of horse lords migrated from their native land of the west to the beautiful eden that will one day become the gerudo desert.

Evidence please

Set up a settlement and started trade with the tribes of hyrule. There they became quite successful and powerful. They excelled in the arts of magic, war, and engineering.

Evidence please

But then the valley had a drought, tensions began to rise and the gerudo tribe split into two.

Evidence please

One tribe was ruled by a man and the other a woman. The tribe ruled by a man decided that if they took the triforce they could return the valley to its original glory and so they made war on hyrule for the triforce using their advanced knowledge of magic to their advantage.

Evidence please

A allied group of Kokiri, Zora, Goron, and Hylians stoped their advance though and the Goddesses came down and punished that male led tribe by imprisoning them in the twilight,

Evidence please

then to punish the female led tribe who did not assist the allied forces because they would not attack their brothers, the Goddesses cursed them

Evidence please

Abandoned by the Goddesses the remaining Gerudo retreated into their now baron desert where they were excepted with open arms by a new Goddess of the land.

Evidence please

The Goddesses then gave a gift to each of the races that helped in the battle, they sent their messengers the Ooca to give a stone to the kokri, Gorons, and Zora. Then they gave the Hylians the ocarina.

Evidence please

they bestowed a special gift on a few choice Hylians making them stronger and faster and adept at magic arts. This birth the shieka race. Then the Shieka along with the hylians, and the Ooca constucted the temple of time, kakariko village ,and a prison in the desert.

Evidence please

^Holes^

Posted

where is saha

Posted

My bad I didn't explain the reason I posted this in the first place. I wanted to see if there were any holes in my theory.

fyi; mist isn't soft

Yes it is, learn physics.

Posted

I don't think the Gerudo are the ancestors of the interlopers. I think it might be the other way around since the interloper invasion probably occurs before OOT, and they could be ancestors of the Sheikah as well. There is some speculation that SS might feature the story of the Dark Tribe mentioned in so many games like TP, FSA ,and ALTTP. Besides that, the rest of this theory seems pretty good.

Posted

I personally think this theory is a possibility, while there is certainly a lack in evidence, I believe that there is some interesting stuff. For example the gerudo males going to war for the triforce to rebuild the desert, this is a good theory and I think it is interesting.

Posted

You'd be wrong.

Posted

Everyone else isn't providing much evidence against either, lol. While the original poster is definitely just making stuff up as he goes along, I think that you can at least give proper rebuttals. ):

First of all, a theory requires evidence. Without evidence, it is not even a theory, but a hypothesis, and even that requires some kind of thought. I would say this is just an idea. A fantasy, maybe.

There is proof of the Gerudo being tied to the interlopers. For instance, the events of LttP are strangely similar in that there was an invading force of thieves, followed by games in which there are not many/any Gerudo as a thriving people. TP's Gerudo Desert was completely deprived of the Gerudo tribe, a bit unnervingly, and LttP likewise did not feature the tribe at all.

The biggest supporting piece of evidence in the Gerudo/Twili theory (the well-informed one that isn't full of fan fiction and horrible ideas) is that in the cut scene where Zant is angsting out about not being the king of the Twili, he has the Gerudo symbol on his back. This would be normal (since Ganondorf possessed him) if it weren't for the fact that the symbol was on his back BEFORE he met with Ganondorf's wandering spirit. There is also a lot of evidence that says that the Twili are descendant of the Sheikah, but that's for a different day. I will mention that the Twili (only noticeable in Midna) have yellow eyes with red irises. Gerudo have yellow irises, and Sheikah have red ones, so it's kind of a mix between the two. The Twili "symbol", or maybe just their wall incriptions, also look pretty much dead-on like the Sheikah eye symbol. So hey, maybe they're both. Who knows?

But yeah this "theory" is way off the mark. Like, he probably wasn't even aiming for anything.

Sahaqiel

Posted

We weren't giving rebuttals because we knew you'd take care of it xx

Posted

But you didn't provide any evidence against it either :(

just said yup he's just like wrong

which is what we did

Why should I

provide proper

evidence against

something when the one who

proposed it provided no evidence and is obviously wrong?