Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonic Generations Trailer

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I just don't want to be hurt again :cry:

Posted

Saw this a few days ago, looks pretty sweet.

Posted

I know, but these sonic games just have a history of turning out so terrible lately. I'm pretty worried about the outcome.

Posted

Oh, man, this just makes me want to go out and ask Sega for it right now.

I don't understand. Can't they just try and make another good game like Sonic Adventure 2. Seriously, they just need to make more games like that and keep the 2D Sonics to the handhelds. Maybe. Even Sonic Heroes was good, if a bit shiny. No, really, everyone is so shiny in the game.

Posted

Sonic Heroes was pretty good. Really liked that one.

Posted

Oh man, I absolutely hated Sonic Heros. I was really disappointed with the level design. In a sonic game like SA2B, You would have three types of levels: Running, shooting, and searching. In Heroes, they decided "Hey, lets combine the three." That was a really bad idea. You're running and running and running real fast and all of a sudden BAM! Stop everything you're doing and fight some robots with your fists! And then fly up some stuff! It was really klunky. Some levels were even stupid, like that haunted house level. Half the time you weren't even doing the klunky mixed up three things from before, but instead you were just trying to solve some ridiculous puzzle. It was an obnoxious game.

Posted

Or maybe you just don't know how to have fun, pheo >:

Why do people always have critic mode on

Posted

It better be a good game. I'd rather have this than Sonic 06. I mean Sonic 06 looks amazing and I've seen videos of it. I don't see why People say it's bad.

Although...

sonic-cycle.png

Also I loved Sonic Heroes. It's my 2nd favorite Sonic Game. Unless you count Shadow the Hedgehog. Then it's my 3rd favorite Sonic game.

In case you couldn't tell I don't play a lot of Sonic.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Sonic Heroes

Sonic and The Secret Rings.

Secret Rings was a horrible, horrible game. I loved Sonic's final form, but that's the only thing liked about the game. It's control was pretty bad too.

Posted

PLEASE SEGA DO NOT puppy THIS UP FOR ME

Posted

I agree. I'm trying to be a Sonic fan after not liking Sonic from my childhood due to the Nintendo Sega wars. However the new Sonic games aren't as good as the old ones. They're more in depth with story, but Sonic was better without a major story. The game used to be run fast, collect Chaos Emeralds, stop Robotnik. Now all of his friends have to have stories. I like Tails and Knuckles because they made Sonic 1-3 and it was amazing. Then Amy Rose showed up which wasn't a big change, then the Chaotix, and the people in Sonic's world became expansive. This game should have Sonic, Sonic and Tails, or Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. No other friends should be in there.

However this is just what I believe.

Posted

I don't think introducing Amy was such a big deal. She got introduced with Metal Sonic in Sonic CD, which was a great game. And Amy wasn't really a prevailing character in that game. She ran around after you for the first two levels until Metal Sonic kidnapped her, and then they were both gone for the rest of the game, or at least until the sixth level boss fight.

Posted

It better be a good game. I'd rather have this than Sonic 06. I mean Sonic 06 looks amazing and I've seen videos of it. I don't see why People say it's bad.

It's my 2nd favorite Sonic Game. Unless you count Shadow the Hedgehog. Then it's my 3rd favorite Sonic game.

Secret Rings was a horrible, horrible game. I loved Sonic's final form, but that's the only thing liked about the game. It's control was pretty bad too.

If there was ever a post that made me even more sad and unhappy than this one, please, someone bring it to me.

Posted

I don't see what the fuss is about. Sonic Colors was great, and Sonic 4 was pretty good too. I'd say the Sonic Cycle is all but over, at least for now.

This will be great. A game with both 2D and 3D Sonic in it? With no werewolves, swords, etc in sight? Awesome.

If they brought back the Chao garden I would all but jizz in my pants.

Posted

Right. If there's anything that kept bringing me back to SA2B, it was the chao garden. I hatched a white chao and named it peter. Then I put a pot on it's head. The joke when I was ten was that he was peter pan. The joke now is that he's peter pot head. I can only wonder what the joke will be in five years. He had that fire ball instead of a halo/spikeball/regular ball over his head, so maybe something about the fire heating the pot and cooking his brains? Only time will tell.

I'm particularly interested to see how 3D sonic will work in this new game. In sonic and the secret rings, one problem I had was that while the environments were very pretty, just about everything had the same color palette, which made it very difficult to see when an object was coming your way. Having sonic block everything that was directly in front of you didn't help much, either. But this time around they're adopting the old color scheme onto the new one, which means situations like red crabs on the green grass they showed. I'm very hopeful for this new game.

Posted

Really? I read a review for Sonic Colors and they said it was bad as well.

Also isn't Sonic 4 a basic remake of Sonic 2?