Where do the 2D games fit in the timeline?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

1. Then explain the three floating pieces in front of Link at the end of ALTTP, as well as the point of the game, which was to get the triforce from Ganon. Link even had the complete triforce in his hand during that seen, and the entire triforce is in Hyrule in the oracles. Explain that one. Since IW/ALTTP Ganon won it in the IW by killing the group that was with him, he was the master of the triforce. ALTTP even says that the triforce is bound to its master as long as that person is alive. And OOT triforce mythos are a complete mess.

2. As I've said before, it's a different lost woods. FSA actually shows us the origins of the ALTTP lost woods, just like it shows the origins of Trident Ganon (LOZ Ganon is also Trident Ganon. He does have it in the only true LOZ remake and in official artwork from the ALTTP era). And TP can't go at the end, but I'm saving that for the end of this post.

Your Goron arguement is also very weak. I'll admit that the situation in TMC is a mess, but PH and ST are a different story. PH occurs in another world, and ST occurs in a different land with their own gorons.

Aonuma did say that TP is a century after OOT. I will admit that centuries also works since in Japanese, the same word is used for century and centuries, but that is irrelevant. It is implied that TP takes place in an early era of the Zelda universe. That is seen in Ganon's dying words, in which he doesn't come to terms with his death and mentions that the "history of light and shadow will be written in blood", unlike his death in TWW. While the US translation of the end of TP is pretty vague, the Japanese version is very clear at this point.

"Do not think everything ends with this...

Think of this as the beginning of a bloodsmeared history of light and darkness!"

How could TP be at the end if Ganon says that his story, as well as the bloody history of Hyrule, was just beginning. The removed parts of TP's ending also help with that as it foreshadows FSA. I'd recommend reading some of Legends Alliance's translations before we continue with this argument.

Anyone else can jump into this at any time. Here's a second argument for this: are the FS games pre ALTTP, pre LOZ, or after both?

1.Ganon did not win the IW he was sealed into the sacred realm because he entered the holy lands without special permission. Shown in the backstory in ALTTP and in the Nintendo official artwork of the IW showing the sages finally sealing Ganon into the Sacred Realm through the Triforce.The Triforce is only bound to the person who holds it if he has a pure heart but ganon was corrupted and when he was the first to find it in either timeline it splits and is shown in LoZ to be with the three as it is in TWW, Ganon is only bound to the triforce of power.

2. and as ive said before there is most likely only one ganon but he is reborn or revived because of the points i stated in the last post. of him holding a grudge on link and shown to have been using vaati all along. LOZ Ganon is same ganon from OOT due to miyamoto order(s) and the fact that he escapes from the SR/DW (if there even is another ganon that is)

ST is in the same land they just set out to find new land because the goddesses flooded the entire world so there are no original gorons they had to be from the original hyrule and then migrated over above land to new Hyrule.

If that were true about TP then it would mess up the entire child timeline because then how would he have the triforce, why does he strive to be king of hyrule, why is he in Arbiter Grounds being executed. plus the Seven sages are shown to be alive in every game there in but in TP Ganondorf kills the water sage. if it were the beginning then that would mean it would go even beyond OOT in which Zelda, Ganondorf, nor Link would know a thing of the Triforce. And to be fair he doesnt have a quote when he dies in TWW he is impaled in the head turned to stone and then drowned with the rest of hyrule. And it would also make more sense for it to go to the end due to the fact it is the only game with the Twili Race in every other game they are said to be Dark Link or as TP refers to them as Dark Interlopers.

And i would like to be the first to say that FS series would most likely go after both since it is shown that ganon is not sealed in the SR and in LOZ he just escaped and in ALTTP he is still in there. Plus the Geography is bascially just backwards from OOT. and in LOZ and ALTTP it is fairly the same.

Posted

1.Ganon did not win the IW he was sealed into the sacred realm because he entered the holy lands without special permission. Shown in the backstory in ALTTP and in the Nintendo official artwork of the IW showing the sages finally sealing Ganon into the Sacred Realm through the Triforce.The Triforce is only bound to the person who holds it if he has a pure heart but ganon was corrupted and when he was the first to find it in either timeline it splits and is shown in LoZ to be with the three as it is in TWW, Ganon is only bound to the triforce of power.

But Ganon did make it to the Triforce in the IW. That's what corrupted him, and turned the SR into the DW. When he touched the Triforce, he was unable to return to the world of light. The DW was sealed because Ganon's forces were closing in on Hyrule Castle, and the sages of the time didn't have the time to find the MS and someone who can wield it. And what are you basing your IW info off of? I'm basing it off of the original Japanese manual.

And that triforce rule only applies to OOT, which messed up a lot of Zelda mythos. ALTTP clearly states that the Triforce cannot distinguish between good and evil since it isn't a god. It grants wishes to all, and it is bound to the first person who touches it. It doesn't matter if they have a pure heart or not. And in LOZ, that is a different story since the ToC was hidden some time before it and the other two pieces were kept in Hyrule. Ganon stole the ToP upon his return and destroyed most of Hyrule right after that, which is why most of AOL occurs north of the area we usually see in the games.

2. and as ive said before there is most likely only one ganon but he is reborn or revived because of the points i stated in the last post. of him holding a grudge on link and shown to have been using vaati all along. LOZ Ganon is same ganon from OOT due to miyamoto order(s) and the fact that he escapes from the SR/DW (if there even is another ganon that is)

2.I'll give you the first part of that, but it really doesn't mean anything. LOZ Ganon did not escape from the DW. In fact, most of the problems we have with placing LOZ is because we don't know how Ganon returned. I did ask about what you brought up about LOZ Ganon escaping from the DW on other sites, but they mentioned that the only source for that is the NOA VC description.

ST is in the same land they just set out to find new land because the goddesses flooded the entire world so there are no original gorons they had to be from the original hyrule and then migrated over above land to new Hyrule.

It isn't the same land since the original land was destroyed by the king's wish in TWW. While the migrating part would work, it would be against the nature of the gorons. Besides, how do you explain the gorons in the oracles?

If that were true about TP then it would mess up the entire child timeline because then how would he have the triforce, why does he strive to be king of hyrule, why is he in Arbiter Grounds being executed. plus the Seven sages are shown to be alive in every game there in but in TP Ganondorf kills the water sage. if it were the beginning then that would mean it would go even beyond OOT in which Zelda, Ganondorf, nor Link would know a thing of the Triforce. And to be fair he doesnt have a quote when he dies in TWW he is impaled in the head turned to stone and then drowned with the rest of hyrule.

If it wasn't true, why did the end of TP establish that it was only the beginning? For the triforce problem in TP, we simply do not know how Ganon got the ToP. Not even Ganon knew he had the ToP. Do you honestly think the TP sages would be able to capture Ganon so easily if he knew he had the ToP? The game calls it a "divine prank" in both versions, but make of that what you will. And when are the sages shown? New sages are awakened in OOT, possibly replacing the TP sages since Ganon probably killed all of them on the AT. The only other time they are actually seen is TP. FSA and ALTTP feature their descendants. And Ganon did have a dying quote in TWW, "the wind. it is blowing". Since the wind brought death to his people, Ganon probably said that since he knew his time was over on the AT. Not the case on the CT.

Another thing to support the idea that TP is early in the CT is that Ganon doesn't recognize Link's tunic or the Master Sword. If this was the Ganon who was defeated by Links with the MS in the past, why would he only call the MS an "impressive looking blade, but nothing more"? Not to mention the fact that he was sealed in the Twilight Realm many years after OOT, as stated by Aonuma, and he remained there until the events of TP.

And it would also make more sense for it to go to the end due to the fact it is the only game with the Twili Race in every other game they are said to be Dark Link or as TP refers to them as Dark Interlopers. And i would like to be the first to say that FS series would most likely go after both since it is shown that ganon is not sealed in the SR and in LOZ he just escaped and in ALTTP he is still in there. Plus the Geography is bascially just backwards from OOT. and in LOZ and ALTTP it is fairly the same.

*bangs head on keyboard*

Why do I have to run into something like this on nearly every site I've been to? The Twili have never been confirmed to have any connection with the Dark Links, which are said to be created by the Dark Mirror. The Dark Tribe mentioned in FSA, which might have been another part of the interloper tribe, were the ones sealed there.

And that's pretty much where I put FSS. Either at the end of my timeline or between ALTTP and LOZ.

As I recommended in my last post, looking at some of LA's translations would be helpful for this.

Posted

But Ganon did make it to the Triforce in the IW. That's what corrupted him, and turned the SR into the DW. When he touched the Triforce, he was unable to return to the world of light. The DW was sealed because Ganon's forces were closing in on Hyrule Castle, and the sages of the time didn't have the time to find the MS and someone who can wield it. And what are you basing your IW info off of? I'm basing it off of the original Japanese manual.

And that triforce rule only applies to OOT, which messed up a lot of Zelda mythos. ALTTP clearly states that the Triforce cannot distinguish between good and evil since it isn't a god. It grants wishes to all, and it is bound to the first person who touches it. It doesn't matter if they have a pure heart or not. And in LOZ, that is a different story since the ToC was hidden some time before it and the other two pieces were kept in Hyrule. Ganon stole the ToP upon his return and destroyed most of Hyrule right after that, which is why most of AOL occurs north of the area we usually see in the games.

2.I'll give you the first part of that, but it really doesn't mean anything. LOZ Ganon did not escape from the DW. In fact, most of the problems we have with placing LOZ is because we don't know how Ganon returned. I did ask about what you brought up about LOZ Ganon escaping from the DW on other sites, but they mentioned that the only source for that is the NOA VC description.

It isn't the same land since the original land was destroyed by the king's wish in TWW. While the migrating part would work, it would be against the nature of the gorons. Besides, how do you explain the gorons in the oracles?

If it wasn't true, why did the end of TP establish that it was only the beginning? For the triforce problem in TP, we simply do not know how Ganon got the ToP. Not even Ganon knew he had the ToP. Do you honestly think the TP sages would be able to capture Ganon so easily if he knew he had the ToP? The game calls it a "divine prank" in both versions, but make of that what you will. And when are the sages shown? New sages are awakened in OOT, possibly replacing the TP sages since Ganon probably killed all of them on the AT. The only other time they are actually seen is TP. FSA and ALTTP feature their descendants. And Ganon did have a dying quote in TWW, "the wind. it is blowing". Since the wind brought death to his people, Ganon probably said that since he knew his time was over on the AT. Not the case on the CT.

Another thing to support the idea that TP is early in the CT is that Ganon doesn't recognize Link's tunic or the Master Sword. If this was the Ganon who was defeated by Links with the MS in the past, why would he only call the MS an "impressive looking blade, but nothing more"? Not to mention the fact that he was sealed in the Twilight Realm many years after OOT, as stated by Aonuma, and he remained there until the events of TP.

*bangs head on keyboard*

Why do I have to run into something like this on nearly every site I've been to? The Twili have never been confirmed to have any connection with the Dark Links, which are said to be created by the Dark Mirror. The Dark Tribe mentioned in FSA, which might have been another part of the interloper tribe, were the ones sealed there.

And that's pretty much where I put FSS. Either at the end of my timeline or between ALTTP and LOZ.

As I recommended in my last post, looking at some of LA's translations would be helpful for this.

1. Ganon didnt touch the triforce otherwise the sages wouldnt have been able to seal him into the realm because it would have either been bound to ganon or split. and it is shown in the backstory and Nintendo Artwork that the sacred realm was still Light when ganon got sealed by the sages it wasnt until he broke free from the seal that the SR was turned into the DW and the split triforce rule doesnt apply to just OOT just because it is only mentioned in OOt it applys to the triforce in general. Im basing mine of the story of the IW found on the fan sites and (i know) the wikis, plus the artwork and backstories.

in LoZ the ToC is with Link and in AoL it isnt because Ganon destroyed the land in LoZ (which i dont think he did) its because the same link is in a different hyrule with a different zelda said in the AoL intro

2.The NOA VC description? Uhhhhhh no i got it from the LoZ intro in the Collectors addition which makes you wait awhile to see it but you just gotta wait awhile on the title screen and itll come up.

3.The Gods Flooded the Earth and it became the great sea and in the great sea the gorons from the original hyrule who lived on tall mountains came to be the last race left from hyrule and then migrated oversea to new islands and then reproduced their race. The oracles take place across the world on the opposite end of the world from hyrule so they have their own gorons.

4. It was a metaphor to state that ganondorfs story has not ended he will return. In the Light Spirits Backstory the Interlopers tried to get the triforce but instead only sealed themselves into it just as ganondorf did when he tried to get it and that realm is the SR/ DW by that point and eventually the Interlopers turned into the Twilight race and the DW into the TR. The Sages are shown in the backstory of Arbiter Grounds when they free Ganon from the TR to execute him but before they do just as ganondorf is struck with the execution sword he uses the ToP to break free from the chains and kill the water sage. And the reason for his quote difference in the timelines is because in the AT hyrule is gone, his race is gone and with that he is gone but in the CT hyrule is still there and his race is still there so he knows hell still be there.

But Anoumo stated it went after OOT so ganondorf did in fact know who Link is he just calls his blade that as a mock to say he wont be defeated this time. and Anoumos statement means nothing because he stated he was sealed there centuries after OOT and by then all the other games events could have taken place by then

5. And in the light spirits story it wasnt just the dark links it was the entire tribe and the dark mirror from FSA is the same one from TP because the dark mirror was the Interlopers only way out of the DW but Ganon was controlling them at the time and at the end of FSA the mirror is shattered like it is in the begginning of TP.

6. MY statement on the FSS stands where it is place before TP but after all the other games basically because Ganon is sealed at the end of the game, the dark mirror is shattered and is the same dark mirror from TP, and at the end Zelda is seen going into the trifroces room placement where she checks on its status since the SR was turned into the DW in ALTTP and then shortly after FSA turned into the TR.

dizzy.gif too much typing.

Posted

1. Ganon didnt touch the triforce otherwise the sages wouldnt have been able to seal him into the realm because it would have either been bound to ganon or split. and it is shown in the backstory and Nintendo Artwork that the sacred realm was still Light when ganon got sealed by the sages it wasnt until he broke free from the seal that the SR was turned into the DW and the split triforce rule doesnt apply to just OOT just because it is only mentioned in OOt it applys to the triforce in general. Im basing mine of the story of the IW found on the fan sites and (i know) the wikis, plus the artwork and backstories.

in LoZ the ToC is with Link and in AoL it isnt because Ganon destroyed the land in LoZ (which i dont think he did) its because the same link is in a different hyrule with a different zelda said in the AoL intro

2.The NOA VC description? Uhhhhhh no i got it from the LoZ intro in the Collectors addition which makes you wait awhile to see it but you just gotta wait awhile on the title screen and itll come up.

But that Triforce rule doesn't apply to any game before OOT as the entire thing was said to have been used by an ancient king that was mentioned in AOL. And your IW sources aren't that reliable, especially if they are U.S. sources. Just come here and read the original Japanese manual about the IW, or Seal War in Japan. I'd recommend reading the manual comparisons for the first three games.

Read the manual translation for AOL. It clearly says that an ancient king hid the ToC as he knew that it would cause disaster if an evil person got to it. And in the LOZ manual, it states that Ganon invaded Hyrule and stole the ToP during that invasion.

Guess what? I used to have the collectors' edition and saw that screen. It said no such thing! It's the same in the GBA and VC version intros. All it says it that Ganon stole the ToP, Zelda split the ToW, and that Link had to find them. It's basically the same as the original version, except the translation was cleaned up.

3.The Gods Flooded the Earth and it became the great sea and in the great sea the gorons from the original hyrule who lived on tall mountains came to be the last race left from hyrule and then migrated oversea to new islands and then reproduced their race. The oracles take place across the world on the opposite end of the world from hyrule so they have their own gorons.

If the lands in the oracles can have their own gorons, why can't ST Hyrule? The gorons were probably there before the flood, anyway.

4. It was a metaphor to state that ganondorfs story has not ended he will return. In the Light Spirits Backstory the Interlopers tried to get the triforce but instead only sealed themselves into it just as ganondorf did when he tried to get it and that realm is the SR/ DW by that point and eventually the Interlopers turned into the Twilight race and the DW into the TR. The Sages are shown in the backstory of Arbiter Grounds when they free Ganon from the TR to execute him but before they do just as ganondorf is struck with the execution sword he uses the ToP to break free from the chains and kill the water sage. And the reason for his quote difference in the timelines is because in the AT hyrule is gone, his race is gone and with that he is gone but in the CT hyrule is still there and his race is still there so he knows hell still be there.

But Anoumo stated it went after OOT so ganondorf did in fact know who Link is he just calls his blade that as a mock to say he wont be defeated this time. and Anoumos statement means nothing because he stated he was sealed there centuries after OOT and by then all the other games events could have taken place by then

Um...in TWW, Ganon knew that the MS could defeat him, so he killed the two sages that kept its power intact. And on the CT, the SR wasn't the DW until the IW as OOT Ganon never got to the SR on that timeline. That's why the split was created in the first place. On the CT, the AT events NEVER TOOK PLACE. That includes Ganon's defeat in that timeline. And the TR is NOT the DW. The DW transfigures anyone who enters it, including Ganon. The TR has no such power. And if the sages knew that Ganon was so powerful, why would they free him from the DW just to have a failed execution attempt and then send him to the TR? Even Ganon didn't expect to survive the execution. And Aonuma said that Ganon was sealed in the TR many years after OOT, not centuries.

5. And in the light spirits story it wasnt just the dark links it was the entire tribe and the dark mirror from FSA is the same one from TP because the dark mirror was the Interlopers only way out of the DW but Ganon was controlling them at the time and at the end of FSA the mirror is shattered like it is in the begginning of TP.

6. MY statement on the FSS stands where it is place before TP but after all the other games basically because Ganon is sealed at the end of the game, the dark mirror is shattered and is the same dark mirror from TP, and at the end Zelda is seen going into the trifroces room placement where she checks on its status since the SR was turned into the DW in ALTTP and then shortly after FSA turned into the TR.

the Dark Mirror was NOT destroyed in FSA. Zelda just pocketed it once she sealed off its ability to create Dark Links. That mirror might have been the reason Dark Link was in AOL. It can't possibly be the Mirror of Twilight since that mirror is much bigger than the Dark Mirror, and the former is just a portal that was shatter by Zant when he escaped, as stated in TP. I don't want to get into anymore details about the mirrors since I get annoyed by mirror arguments, and I've been involved in many of them. And I guess that bit about the Triforce in FSA, which really isn't explained since the Triforce has nothing to do with FSA, can put it after ALTTP, since that is when the Triforce was brought to Hyrule.

too much typing.

Welcome to the club. :n_n:

I'm tempted to take this to another site and see the input of the members there. :lol:

Posted

1.Just cause their U.S. doesnt mean their unreliable the stories i read about come from the translated japanese and the U.S. versions combined, From what i saw of all your source did was point out the U.S. and Japanese differences. Before OOT the triforce was kept by the king im talking about after OOT.

sweat.gif yeah sorry bout that link didnt have the actuall ToC until the end of AoL when he saved the original Zelda and proved himself wothy of it.

I still have the Collectors' Edition and i read the intro to make sure and it does in fact say in the begginning Ganon escaped the DW and stole the ToP and when he stole it it was only the physical part. the actual force of the triforce was in him already which is why he is still Ganon Pig rather than Gerudo Ganondorf just like how Link always had the power of the ToC but never actually got it until the end of AoL.

2.Because the Oracles were in the same world as Hyrule. ST is in a different world because the gods flooded the original hyrule if the ST had their own gorons then that would mean The Gorons would have just been floating in the air before the Great Flood.

3.He knew the MS could kill him i never said he didnt thats why he tries to kill Link not destroy the master sword and he didnt kill the sages he sapped the MS power before the Great Flood as said by The King of Red Lions when link first gets the MS. Ganon got to the Sacred realm but was sealed at the end of The IW thats what started the IW is Ganondorf opening the portal to the SR and then it turned into the DW when he touched the Triforce right before he was sealed and when he broke the seal he found he couldnt get to the triforce because of the sages seal on the Triforce in the Pyramid of Power. and if the TR does have the power to alter peoples shapes otherwise the Dark Interlopers would have never become the Twili and the Twili never wouldve existed Ganondorf just didnt change because he was already altered and in the LS backstory she does state that they were sealed in a Dark World and that world they were sealed in eventually came to be known as the TR. I know Anoumo didnt say centuries in that speech but he did say centuries in the speech about its placement.

4.Ok well hold off on the mirror arguement for now.

P.S. From what i can tell the facts so far are that SS and OOT are the first in the timeline with SS preceding OOT and that the Adult Timeline only consits of TWW, PH, and ST in that order. All the 2D games go into the CT as does MM with it being a sequel to OOT. AoL is a direct sequel to LoZ and ALTTP goes somewhere before or after AOL and LOZ. LOZ, AOL and ALTTP go right after OOT and MM. LA is sequel to ALTTP and the Oracles are most likely to go between ALTTP and LA. TP most likely goes before or after the FSS and the FSS series goes somewhere after LoZ, AoL, and ALTTP.

Posted

1.Just cause their U.S. doesnt mean their unreliable the stories i read about come from the translated japanese and the U.S. versions combined, From what i saw of all your source did was point out the U.S. and Japanese differences. Before OOT the triforce was kept by the king im talking about after OOT.

sweat.gif yeah sorry bout that link didnt have the actuall ToC until the end of AoL when he saved the original Zelda and proved himself wothy of it.

I still have the Collectors' Edition and i read the intro to make sure and it does in fact say in the begginning Ganon escaped the DW and stole the ToP and when he stole it it was only the physical part. the actual force of the triforce was in him already which is why he is still Ganon Pig rather than Gerudo Ganondorf just like how Link always had the power of the ToC but never actually got it until the end of AoL.

2.Because the Oracles were in the same world as Hyrule. ST is in a different world because the gods flooded the original hyrule if the ST had their own gorons then that would mean The Gorons would have just been floating in the air before the Great Flood.

3.He knew the MS could kill him i never said he didnt thats why he tries to kill Link not destroy the master sword and he didnt kill the sages he sapped the MS power before the Great Flood as said by The King of Red Lions when link first gets the MS. Ganon got to the Sacred realm but was sealed at the end of The IW thats what started the IW is Ganondorf opening the portal to the SR and then it turned into the DW when he touched the Triforce right before he was sealed and when he broke the seal he found he couldnt get to the triforce because of the sages seal on the Triforce in the Pyramid of Power. and if the TR does have the power to alter peoples shapes otherwise the Dark Interlopers would have never become the Twili and the Twili never wouldve existed Ganondorf just didnt change because he was already altered and in the LS backstory she does state that they were sealed in a Dark World and that world they were sealed in eventually came to be known as the TR. I know Anoumo didnt say centuries in that speech but he did say centuries in the speech about its placement.

4.Ok well hold off on the mirror arguement for now.

P.S. From what i can tell the facts so far are that SS and OOT are the first in the timeline with SS preceding OOT and that the Adult Timeline only consits of TWW, PH, and ST in that order. All the 2D games go into the CT as does MM with it being a sequel to OOT. AoL is a direct sequel to LoZ and ALTTP goes somewhere before or after AOL and LOZ. LOZ, AOL and ALTTP go right after OOT and MM. LA is sequel to ALTTP and the Oracles are most likely to go between ALTTP and LA. TP most likely goes before or after the FSS and the FSS series goes somewhere after LoZ, AoL, and ALTTP.

1. NOA actually has a bad translating record, especially with the older games. They also change so much in the newer games that they miss the original point. And the triforce point is still valid, nonetheless. The entire triforce is in the oracles, implying that it was brought to Hyrule at some point.

Can you post the exact quote for the Ganon escaping from the DW part? I'm looking at the CE intro for LOZ on YouTube at this moment, and it says the same thing all of the other versions say. There is no reason for a direct emulation to include changes like that. Don't you think that if the CE mentioned that LOZ Ganon escaped from the DW, the people from the other sites would've mentioned it by now? And someone can only have the actual force of the triforce if they have the physical piece. That's what happened in OOT and TWW. And the AOL part falls under the same category. He had the characteristics of the ToC, and that's why it chose him.

2. All of the islands in TWW and possibly ST were mountains. Don't the gorons usually live on mountains? Besides, ST does imply that ST Hyrule was inhabited long before the pirates from TWW showed up. The gorons are just one of those races that pop up everywhere.

3. In TWW, the sages mention that they are the ones who keep the MS's power intact. Ganon killed them so the sword would lose its power. That's why two new sages had to be awakened. And the TR is actually a realm that is a shadow to the light world( in the japanese version, it is literally called the Shadow World, which is something like FSA's DW.), which the ALTTP DW is not. It is just a reflection of the light world that reflects Ganon, and the DW vanished when Ganon died in ALTTP. Not to mention TP mentions that the Mirror of Twilight is the only link to the TR, and I think the creators have confirmed that. There are many portals to the DW. The interloper war is implied to be an event that occurred a very long time before OOT Ganon's rise to power (with any luck, we might see this in SS :lol: ), so it can't be the SR in that scenario. And the twili probably evolved from being in the TR for so long. And ALTTP mentions that Ganon did have the triforce, he just couldn't use it to grant his wish before he could open the portal at the castle completely.

Aonuma did state that TP occurs a century after OOT, and he did state that again in a NP interview when TP came out. Even if TP occurs more than one century after OOT, any time between 200 and 900 years, it still isn't enough time for all of the 2D games to occur between the two. There can easily be a few millennia between some games like ALTTP and LOZ, or FSA and LOZ. Since Ganon was in the TR from the execution scene until TP, how could he be the Ganon seen in ALTTP and LOZ? One was killed in the DW and the other was destroyed on Death Mountain. Not to mention those are more than likely the second Ganondorf who is transformed by an ancient trident (which may not have any connection to Ganon, or at least to OOT Ganon).

4. Thank you for that. Mirror arguments have a tendency to get out of hand, even more so than timeline debates.

P.S. An interview was found last year from around 2000 which mentioned that the Link in the oracles was meant to be the Link from ALTTP. Whether that made it to the final version is unknown since over six games were in development at the time for the oracles/ triforce trilogy project. That was narrowed down to two, so you can guess how that might've went. While I always support ALTTP/LA, ALTTP/OOX/LA is another story. I know FSA was originally going to be the IW, as some removed text from the game that were found make that very clear, but the story was changed a short time before its release by Miyamoto, and that might be why we have so many problems with them.

I would really like someone else to jump into this argument. Different views are always welcome.

Posted

1. NOA actually has a bad translating record, especially with the older games. They also change so much in the newer games that they miss the original point. And the triforce point is still valid, nonetheless. The entire triforce is in the oracles, implying that it was brought to Hyrule at some point.

Can you post the exact quote for the Ganon escaping from the DW part? I'm looking at the CE intro for LOZ on YouTube at this moment, and it says the same thing all of the other versions say. There is no reason for a direct emulation to include changes like that. Don't you think that if the CE mentioned that LOZ Ganon escaped from the DW, the people from the other sites would've mentioned it by now? And someone can only have the actual force of the triforce if they have the physical piece. That's what happened in OOT and TWW. And the AOL part falls under the same category. He had the characteristics of the ToC, and that's why it chose him.

2. All of the islands in TWW and possibly ST were mountains. Don't the gorons usually live on mountains? Besides, ST does imply that ST Hyrule was inhabited long before the pirates from TWW showed up. The gorons are just one of those races that pop up everywhere.

3. In TWW, the sages mention that they are the ones who keep the MS's power intact. Ganon killed them so the sword would lose its power. That's why two new sages had to be awakened. And the TR is actually a realm that is a shadow to the light world( in the japanese version, it is literally called the Shadow World, which is something like FSA's DW.), which the ALTTP DW is not. It is just a reflection of the light world that reflects Ganon, and the DW vanished when Ganon died in ALTTP. Not to mention TP mentions that the Mirror of Twilight is the only link to the TR, and I think the creators have confirmed that. There are many portals to the DW. The interloper war is implied to be an event that occurred a very long time before OOT Ganon's rise to power (with any luck, we might see this in SS laugh.gif ), so it can't be the SR in that scenario. And the twili probably evolved from being in the TR for so long. And ALTTP mentions that Ganon did have the triforce, he just couldn't use it to grant his wish before he could open the portal at the castle completely.

Aonuma did state that TP occurs a century after OOT, and he did state that again in a NP interview when TP came out. Even if TP occurs more than one century after OOT, any time between 200 and 900 years, it still isn't enough time for all of the 2D games to occur between the two. There can easily be a few millennia between some games like ALTTP and LOZ, or FSA and LOZ. Since Ganon was in the TR from the execution scene until TP, how could he be the Ganon seen in ALTTP and LOZ? One was killed in the DW and the other was destroyed on Death Mountain. Not to mention those are more than likely the second Ganondorf who is transformed by an ancient trident (which may not have any connection to Ganon, or at least to OOT Ganon).

4. Thank you for that. Mirror arguments have a tendency to get out of hand, even more so than timeline debates.

P.S. An interview was found last year from around 2000 which mentioned that the Link in the oracles was meant to be the Link from ALTTP. Whether that made it to the final version is unknown since over six games were in development at the time for the oracles/ triforce trilogy project. That was narrowed down to two, so you can guess how that might've went. While I always support ALTTP/LA, ALTTP/OOX/LA is another story. I know FSA was originally going to be the IW, as some removed text from the game that were found make that very clear, but the story was changed a short time before its release by Miyamoto, and that might be why we have so many problems with them.

I would really like someone else to jump into this argument. Different views are always welcome.

1. Sorry about that part Ill admit i was wrong about the DW part in the Intro to LOZ i dont know what i was thinking about when i said that. And someone doesnt need the actual triforce piece to have its force. The Triforce is still physically their but the force of it is still in Link, Zelda, And Ganondorf which is shown at the end of Ocarina of Time when Link is sent back creating the split it is shown because you can see the triforce symbol with the ToC glowing on Links hand when he goes to see zelda as a child. And he did have the characteristics of the ToC by proving himself worthy of it by facing the dangers to save zelda.

2.Uhhhhh yeah the mountaintops of Hyrule are the islands of the Great Sea but gorons didnt inhabit every mountain just some and since the mountains were originally in the world of hyrule the gorons that inhabit the islands of the Great Sea aernt gorons from that time but from the time of hyrule so ST cant have their own gorons. And yes the island was their before the priates found it but it actually wasnt New Hyrule until the pirates found the land. when did the arguement become about gorons anyway.

3.Actually I looked it up. the sages just kept the power of the MS in tact. Ganon Sapped the power from the MS and then killed the sages so they couldnt restore its power. The Twilight realm actually altered their shape into that due to lack of light and the magic powers held in the worlds atmosphere just like how link is turned into a wolf in the Twilight Realm and a bunny in the DW. And the World of the Twilight does mirror the light world as does the DW to the LW but with its own tweaks and measures like the TR would if the Twili/Interlopers defiled the Sacred Realm. Midna implies that the Mirror of Twilight isnt the only way into their world at the end of TP. And the Light/Dark mirror is the only way into the world because link cant go into the world until he recieves the mirror. and The only mention of the Sacred Realm in TP is in Lanayru's Bsackstory of the Interlopers defiling the SR using the Fused Shadow but ultimatley the Fused Shadow Backfires and they are trapped in the SR which ultimatly would eventually turn into the TR just like the SR into the DW when ganon entered the world. and if you look at the events of the 2D games the LOz and AoL has the same link, ALTTP and OOX and LA have the same link. And the FSS has three different links thats a total of 5 links before TP which would take off only 550-650 years leaving 250 for The Interloper War and other events before TP. And if Ganon had the Triforce then how come he had to wait for link to gather the maidens and open the Pyramid of Power where the triforce rested even after the portal to hyrule was open.

Yeah so far the Timelines only real debate is if ALTTP goes before or after LoZ and AoL and if TP goes before or after The FSS.

Dont worry people will start posting. it takes some time for a forum debate to grow.

Posted

1. Sorry about that part Ill admit i was wrong about the DW part in the Intro to LOZ i dont know what i was thinking about when i said that. And someone doesnt need the actual triforce piece to have its force. The Triforce is still physically their but the force of it is still in Link, Zelda, And Ganondorf which is shown at the end of Ocarina of Time when Link is sent back creating the split it is shown because you can see the triforce symbol with the ToC glowing on Links hand when he goes to see zelda as a child. And he did have the characteristics of the ToC by proving himself worthy of it by facing the dangers to save zelda.

2.Uhhhhh yeah the mountaintops of Hyrule are the islands of the Great Sea but gorons didnt inhabit every mountain just some and since the mountains were originally in the world of hyrule the gorons that inhabit the islands of the Great Sea aernt gorons from that time but from the time of hyrule so ST cant have their own gorons. And yes the island was their before the priates found it but it actually wasnt New Hyrule until the pirates found the land. when did the arguement become about gorons anyway.

3.Actually I looked it up. the sages just kept the power of the MS in tact. Ganon Sapped the power from the MS and then killed the sages so they couldnt restore its power. The Twilight realm actually altered their shape into that due to lack of light and the magic powers held in the worlds atmosphere just like how link is turned into a wolf in the Twilight Realm and a bunny in the DW. And the World of the Twilight does mirror the light world as does the DW to the LW but with its own tweaks and measures like the TR would if the Twili/Interlopers defiled the Sacred Realm. Midna implies that the Mirror of Twilight isnt the only way into their world at the end of TP. And the Light/Dark mirror is the only way into the world because link cant go into the world until he recieves the mirror. and The only mention of the Sacred Realm in TP is in Lanayru's Bsackstory of the Interlopers defiling the SR using the Fused Shadow but ultimatley the Fused Shadow Backfires and they are trapped in the SR which ultimatly would eventually turn into the TR just like the SR into the DW when ganon entered the world. and if you look at the events of the 2D games the LOz and AoL has the same link, ALTTP and OOX and LA have the same link. And the FSS has three different links thats a total of 5 links before TP which would take off only 550-650 years leaving 250 for The Interloper War and other events before TP. And if Ganon had the Triforce then how come he had to wait for link to gather the maidens and open the Pyramid of Power where the triforce rested even after the portal to hyrule was open.

Yeah so far the Timelines only real debate is if ALTTP goes before or after LoZ and AoL and if TP goes before or after The FSS.

Dont worry people will start posting. it takes some time for a forum debate to grow.

1. Link didn't have the Toc on the CT for long, though. That was still the AT version which was shatter shortly after Link's return to the past. We still don't know how the triforce was separated on the CT (blame the unclear second half of TP for that), but it might have had something to do with the fact that it was supposed to split. And there's the possibility that it split to show that someone has come to take out whatever trouble is in Hyrule at the time. That is implied in the full ending of TP.

2. I don't know. That one really isn't important. You'd be amazed about how many sub-arguments can pop up in a thread.

3. Um... TP mentions that the interlopers were after the Triforce and wanted dominion over the SR (the Japanese version implies that they were after both the Triforce and Hyrule). If the TR was the SR, wouldn't that have given them, and Ganon, exactly what they wanted at the time? I will admit that there probably are other ways to the TR, but they have yet to be seen. As for your timeframe, the IW still needs to occur during it, and it is about 400 years before ALTTP. There is also the possibility that the interloper war occurs some time before OOT (the guy in the GDC SS trailer does look like a twili, or at least his magic). I'll agree that LOZ/AOL Link are the same, and so are ALTTP/LA Link. For the FSS, it is implied that FSA Link is FS Link, and the oracles are better off with a separate Link since they were made by Capcom, and the development was a mess.

There are more debates than that around. There are some arguments about which timeline the classic games are on, some which state that OOT still leads directly to ALTTP, etc.

Then you should see sites like ZU. At this point in a thread there, there are at least ten different views, many off-topic tangents, etc. :lol: That's where most of the mirror debates I've seen pop up.

Posted

1. Link didn't have the Toc on the CT for long, though. That was still the AT version which was shatter shortly after Link's return to the past. We still don't know how the triforce was separated on the CT (blame the unclear second half of TP for that), but it might have had something to do with the fact that it was supposed to split. And there's the possibility that it split to show that someone has come to take out whatever trouble is in Hyrule at the time. That is implied in the full ending of TP.

2. I don't know. That one really isn't important. You'd be amazed about how many sub-arguments can pop up in a thread.

3. Um... TP mentions that the interlopers were after the Triforce and wanted dominion over the SR (the Japanese version implies that they were after both the Triforce and Hyrule). If the TR was the SR, wouldn't that have given them, and Ganon, exactly what they wanted at the time? I will admit that there probably are other ways to the TR, but they have yet to be seen. As for your timeframe, the IW still needs to occur during it, and it is about 400 years before ALTTP. There is also the possibility that the interloper war occurs some time before OOT (the guy in the GDC SS trailer does look like a twili, or at least his magic). I'll agree that LOZ/AOL Link are the same, and so are ALTTP/LA Link. For the FSS, it is implied that FSA Link is FS Link, and the oracles are better off with a separate Link since they were made by Capcom, and the development was a mess.

There are more debates than that around. There are some arguments about which timeline the classic games are on, some which state that OOT still leads directly to ALTTP, etc.

Then you should see sites like ZU. At this point in a thread there, there are at least ten different views, many off-topic tangents, etc. laugh.gif That's where most of the mirror debates I've seen pop up.

1.Actually The Split happened at the exact time zelda sent link back. there is the AT where he was never sent back (hence the Adult Timeline) and the one where he was sent back as a child (hence Child Timeline) And im pretty sure it was separated on the CT when Ganon broke into the SR and started the IW and when he touched the triforce it split as it wouldve done in the AT. Different Timelines dont have different triforce reactions. And as for the split in TP I think that has something to do with the Interlopers touching the triforce during the Interloper War.

2. Yeah that is true lets just keep away from the gorons and mirrors for now.

3.Yes but the Interloper race is evil and when they did touch the triforce it would have split and they wouldve been sealed by the fused shadow backfiring which it did because of the light Spirits intervention of shattering the fused shadow. again as ive said it only is 500 - 650 years and the interloper war to take place even before OOT is not as likely due to the fact that there is no mention of the Twili race in any other game but instead as Dark Links plus it only states that a war broke out over the SR over the Triforce sometime after the goddesses left the world although this has happened multiple times (in the Imprisoning War, the Great Hylian Civil War, and the Interloper to state some examples)so it is more likely for the interloper war to take place sum 50 - 100 years before TP which makes it 600 - 750 years and the Imprisoning War occurs directly after the events of OOT and 100 - 200 years before LoZ and AoL which means that in all it would equal 800 - 999 years so it is very well possible for TP to occur last in my timeframe. And as of The FSS it is the same link for FS and FSA which i did check on to make sure this time. so that would take 100 - 200 years off my timeframe which leaves a mere 600 - 800 years between OOT and TP which is enough time for all the events in the games as well as the Imprisoning War and Interloper war to occur in. Some More things to support the idea of TP going last is: 1. the fact that the triforce being whole and in the sacred Realm when it was shattered in the IW which happens Directly after OOT is illogical. 2. The Interlopers are sealed in the SR and evetually they turn into the Twili and the SR is turned into the TR as according to Lanayrus backstory in TP and Ganon being sealed into the DW at the conclusion of the IW would happen first but it would not be able to if the Interlopers got their first, and vice verse The Interlopers could not touch the triforce if Ganon got to it first. 3. the Twili Race is not heard or mentioned of in any other zelda game to date. 4. TP consists of only three hylians (Telma, Zelda, and Link) and the rest are Yetis, Gorons, Zoras or Humans and the other games consist of Many more Hyilians (Especially ALTTP) 5. The Humans dont appear in any other game and instead appear as Hylians. 6. The Yetis dont appear in any other zelda game to date. 7. the Light Spirits are not in any other Zelda game to date and as implied in Lanayrus backstory, descended from the heavens as an intervention to the Interloper War. As for the Oracles it would be more sensible to put them as the same link and put it after ALTTP and before LA due to the fact that it was agreed by Miyamoto and Anouma that the oracles link is meant to be the same link from ALTTP but he is younger than what he is in LA.

Yeah but some debates have no reason to still be debating such as if the classic go in the AT or CT since Miyamoto agreed there is only TWW, PH, and ST in the AT. Or if the zelda timeline is linear or split when Miyamoto has agreed the timeline is split.

That may be True but then again those sites are more popular. Since the Deku tree and Quests were shut down then this place hasnt been as popular and you may get more people if you moved it to a different site. just be sure to post a link so me and anyone else who visits here knows where to go.

Posted

1.Actually The Split happened at the exact time zelda sent link back. there is the AT where he was never sent back (hence the Adult Timeline) and the one where he was sent back as a child (hence Child Timeline) And im pretty sure it was separated on the CT when Ganon broke into the SR and started the IW and when he touched the triforce it split as it wouldve done in the AT. Different Timelines dont have different triforce reactions. And as for the split in TP I think that has something to do with the Interlopers touching the triforce during the Interloper War.

2. Yeah that is true lets just keep away from the gorons and mirrors for now.

3.Yes but the Interloper race is evil and when they did touch the triforce it would have split and they wouldve been sealed by the fused shadow backfiring which it did because of the light Spirits intervention of shattering the fused shadow. again as ive said it only is 500 - 650 years and the interloper war to take place even before OOT is not as likely due to the fact that there is no mention of the Twili race in any other game but instead as Dark Links plus it only states that a war broke out over the SR over the Triforce sometime after the goddesses left the world although this has happened multiple times (in the Imprisoning War, the Great Hylian Civil War, and the Interloper to state some examples)so it is more likely for the interloper war to take place sum 50 - 100 years before TP which makes it 600 - 750 years and the Imprisoning War occurs directly after the events of OOT and 100 - 200 years before LoZ and AoL which means that in all it would equal 800 - 999 years so it is very well possible for TP to occur last in my timeframe. And as of The FSS it is the same link for FS and FSA which i did check on to make sure this time. so that would take 100 - 200 years off my timeframe which leaves a mere 600 - 800 years between OOT and TP which is enough time for all the events in the games as well as the Imprisoning War and Interloper war to occur in. Some More things to support the idea of TP going last is: 1. the fact that the triforce being whole and in the sacred Realm when it was shattered in the IW which happens Directly after OOT is illogical. 2. The Interlopers are sealed in the SR and evetually they turn into the Twili and the SR is turned into the TR as according to Lanayrus backstory in TP and Ganon being sealed into the DW at the conclusion of the IW would happen first but it would not be able to if the Interlopers got their first, and vice verse The Interlopers could not touch the triforce if Ganon got to it first. 3. the Twili Race is not heard or mentioned of in any other zelda game to date. 4. TP consists of only three hylians (Telma, Zelda, and Link) and the rest are Yetis, Gorons, Zoras or Humans and the other games consist of Many more Hyilians (Especially ALTTP) 5. The Humans dont appear in any other game and instead appear as Hylians. 6. The Yetis dont appear in any other zelda game to date. 7. the Light Spirits are not in any other Zelda game to date and as implied in Lanayrus backstory, descended from the heavens as an intervention to the Interloper War. As for the Oracles it would be more sensible to put them as the same link and put it after ALTTP and before LA due to the fact that it was agreed by Miyamoto and Anouma that the oracles link is meant to be the same link from ALTTP but he is younger than what he is in LA.

Yeah but some debates have no reason to still be debating such as if the classic go in the AT or CT since Miyamoto agreed there is only TWW, PH, and ST in the AT. Or if the zelda timeline is linear or split when Miyamoto has agreed the timeline is split.

That may be True but then again those sites are more popular. Since the Deku tree and Quests were shut down then this place hasnt been as popular and you may get more people if you moved it to a different site. just be sure to post a link so me and anyone else who visits here knows where to go.

1. Actually, on the CT Link and Zelda informed the king of Ganondorf's plan so he WOULDN'T get into the SR. Ganondorf didn't get into it at this point. The whole point of the IW is that he got the triforce and the sages couldn't stop him at the time. They got him so easily in TP.

2. Agreed, and then some.

3. Actually, the Dark Tribe/Clan, which is what they're called in the Japanese version, have been mentioned in various games. There was the Tribe of Evil in ALTTP, a Dark Tribe that was mentioned in OOT, the Dark Tribe in FSA, and the Dark Clan in TP. I believe the translators over at LA mentioned that the term used for the latter three are the same, so the tribes have some connection to each other.

1. The Triforce wasn't shattered in the IW. It was whole and in Ganon's possession. He won it when he killed his companions to get to it. That didn't happen

in the war mentioned in TP. That Ganon never got to the SR since it was still sealed with the Master Sword, which can repel the power of the Triforce.

2. Then explain how Ganon's alive in TP if he died in both ALTTP and LOZ. He's definitely dead there since the Silver Arrows were used. He also died in the oracles when he wasn't completely revived.

3. See above. The Dark Tribe is mentioned in many games.

4. I think there were a few more than that, but the Hylians were slowly dying out after OOT. The only things that remained of them in ALTTP is their legend.

The only reason so many people in ALTTP had pointed ears is because of the limited sprite detail at the time.

5. The term "human" is actually used in many games, even in regards to Hylians. A good example is TMC. It was even used in FSA in regards to Ganon, who was a

gerudo.

6. Completely irrelevant. We don't really go to ice regions in any of the games set in Hyrule. They probably were there, they just weren't seen.

7. That depends upon when the interloper war took place. There is also the possibility that the Light Spirits are the spirits mentioned in ST, as they watch

over the world at the command of the goddesses.

Where did you hear that last bit? There was the article that I mentioned, but that was with a developer about a year before the oracles were released. While it is true that oracles Link is younger than LA Link, he is also younger than ALTTP Link in both the SNES and GBA versions.

I was thinking of doing that, more than likely on Legends Alliance since that place needs to be stirred up, and they also need fresh ideas. I'm staying away from the main three (ZU, ZI, and ZD) since they're getting out of hand at the moment. There's also Zelda Eternity and LegendZelda, which are pretty good sites. Take your pick.

Posted

1. Actually, on the CT Link and Zelda informed the king of Ganondorf's plan so he WOULDN'T get into the SR. Ganondorf didn't get into it at this point. The whole point of the IW is that he got the triforce and the sages couldn't stop him at the time. They got him so easily in TP.

2. Agreed, and then some.

3. Actually, the Dark Tribe/Clan, which is what they're called in the Japanese version, have been mentioned in various games. There was the Tribe of Evil in ALTTP, a Dark Tribe that was mentioned in OOT, the Dark Tribe in FSA, and the Dark Clan in TP. I believe the translators over at LA mentioned that the term used for the latter three are the same, so the tribes have some connection to each other.

1. The Triforce wasn't shattered in the IW. It was whole and in Ganon's possession. He won it when he killed his companions to get to it. That didn't happen

in the war mentioned in TP. That Ganon never got to the SR since it was still sealed with the Master Sword, which can repel the power of the Triforce.

2. Then explain how Ganon's alive in TP if he died in both ALTTP and LOZ. He's definitely dead there since the Silver Arrows were used. He also died in the oracles when he wasn't completely revived.

3. See above. The Dark Tribe is mentioned in many games.

4. I think there were a few more than that, but the Hylians were slowly dying out after OOT. The only things that remained of them in ALTTP is their legend.

The only reason so many people in ALTTP had pointed ears is because of the limited sprite detail at the time.

5. The term "human" is actually used in many games, even in regards to Hylians. A good example is TMC. It was even used in FSA in regards to Ganon, who was a

gerudo.

6. Completely irrelevant. We don't really go to ice regions in any of the games set in Hyrule. They probably were there, they just weren't seen.

7. That depends upon when the interloper war took place. There is also the possibility that the Light Spirits are the spirits mentioned in ST, as they watch

over the world at the command of the goddesses.

Where did you hear that last bit? There was the article that I mentioned, but that was with a developer about a year before the oracles were released. While it is true that oracles Link is younger than LA Link, he is also younger than ALTTP Link in both the SNES and GBA versions.

I was thinking of doing that, more than likely on Legends Alliance since that place needs to be stirred up, and they also need fresh ideas. I'm staying away from the main three (ZU, ZI, and ZD) since they're getting out of hand at the moment. There's also Zelda Eternity and LegendZelda, which are pretty good sites. Take your pick.

1. yes but the IW takes place directly after OOT , if ganon got the triforce then that means he had to enter the sacred realm to get it, thats how it started and it ended right before ganons invasion of hyrule after he got the triforce by killing his main men when the sages finally got their chance to seal ganon when the knights of hyrule intervened. it is then assumed that because the triforces master was sealed then the triforce split. and when ganon most likely escapes his confinement he starts back where he left off and invades hyrule to get the triforce back in LoZ.

2.alright.

3.it is mentioned in many other games and i will agree that it is the interlopers but they never wouldve gotten sealed until the Interloper War.

1.It is shattered in the IW but not until the end where ganon was sealed, my bad, i had my timeing wrong. the sages mention taking him to execution in the backstory im wrong about sealing him in the TR before but he was sealed there after he escaped execution.

2. he was reborn/reincarnated in the gerudo race in FSA he is reborn but with the memory of what happened in his past life and same intentions of getting the triforce and ruling hyrule but ultimatley failing and being sealed into the four sword and it is assumed back into the SR along with the triforce and possibly the dark mirror as implied in the end of FSA where he then eventually escapes again but this time the sages catch him and try to execute him but fail and reseal him into the same realm but if the interlopers were sealed in the SR first then it would be the TR. Silver arrows are used to kill him but in AoL it mentions that he can be revived if link is killed and in the end Link is killed but in a different sense as it is Dark Link who is killed.

3.see #3

4.if it was limited then they could have just put no ears on them or square ears or the ears they have in pokemon or somethin like that, if they wanted to they probobly could have not included pointy ears.

5.Yes but humans aernt actually a race until TP where they are seen with rounded ears.

6.Still its a race a nearly extinct race at that.

7.yeah but ST is in a totally different Timeline in a totally different Hyrule. The Light Spirits came when the Interloper war took place and aernt mentioned or seen until TP.

I dont know its a guess really since the triforce is in hyrule in the Oracles but isnt until the end of ALTTP, the oracles link just seems to be older, the oracles link has a horse, the triforce called to him, it is mentioned in the game booklet of LA that link took another adventure in a far off land after ALTTP, and it was said by the directors that it was supposed to be the same link in ALTTP and he just seems younger in the oracles than in A

Legends Alliance sounds like the best but if it doesnt have many people then I would suggest one of the other two.

Posted

1. yes but the IW takes place directly after OOT , if ganon got the triforce then that means he had to enter the sacred realm to get it, thats how it started and it ended right before ganons invasion of hyrule after he got the triforce by killing his main men when the sages finally got their chance to seal ganon when the knights of hyrule intervened. it is then assumed that because the triforces master was sealed then the triforce split. and when ganon most likely escapes his confinement he starts back where he left off and invades hyrule to get the triforce back in LoZ.

2.alright.

3.it is mentioned in many other games and i will agree that it is the interlopers but they never wouldve gotten sealed until the Interloper War.

1.It is shattered in the IW but not until the end where ganon was sealed, my bad, i had my timeing wrong. the sages mention taking him to execution in the backstory im wrong about sealing him in the TR before but he was sealed there after he escaped execution.

2. he was reborn/reincarnated in the gerudo race in FSA he is reborn but with the memory of what happened in his past life and same intentions of getting the triforce and ruling hyrule but ultimatley failing and being sealed into the four sword and it is assumed back into the SR along with the triforce and possibly the dark mirror as implied in the end of FSA where he then eventually escapes again but this time the sages catch him and try to execute him but fail and reseal him into the same realm but if the interlopers were sealed in the SR first then it would be the TR. Silver arrows are used to kill him but in AoL it mentions that he can be revived if link is killed and in the end Link is killed but in a different sense as it is Dark Link who is killed.

3.see #3

4.if it was limited then they could have just put no ears on them or square ears or the ears they have in pokemon or somethin like that, if they wanted to they probobly could have not included pointy ears.

5.Yes but humans aernt actually a race until TP where they are seen with rounded ears.

6.Still its a race a nearly extinct race at that.

7.yeah but ST is in a totally different Timeline in a totally different Hyrule. The Light Spirits came when the Interloper war took place and aernt mentioned or seen until TP.

I dont know its a guess really since the triforce is in hyrule in the Oracles but isnt until the end of ALTTP, the oracles link just seems to be older, the oracles link has a horse, the triforce called to him, it is mentioned in the game booklet of LA that link took another adventure in a far off land after ALTTP, and it was said by the directors that it was supposed to be the same link in ALTTP and he just seems younger in the oracles than in A

Legends Alliance sounds like the best but if it doesnt have many people then I would suggest one of the other two.

1. Not directly. The IW would have to occur at a time in which there are many knights of Hyrule, since Ganon and his army killed many of them. There are a lot in TP.

3. Um...it did mention that they were sealed in FSA. They were sealed within the Dark Mirror.

1. If the Triforce was shattered in the IW, then how did Ganon have the entire thing in ALTTP? I think it has to be the actual Triforce since only that can grant the wishes.

2. That is a possibility, and one that is pretty widely accepted. The Dark mirror wasn't sealed with him, though. Zelda took it, and thus it was in the possession of the royal family. Hmm. AOL foreshadowing? I guess I never thought of the idea that Dark Link could've been used to revive Ganon, though I doubt Ganon's minions would've made it past the Great Palace's guardians. And LOZ/AOL Link's blood is what was needed to revive Ganon. I doubt a shadow would have any blood.

4. They could've done that, but ALTTP itself makes it very clear that the Hylians are very rare by this point.

5. I'll give you that one.

6. They are.

7. I just mentioned that it is a possible connection, especially if the interloper war occurs very early in the timeline. It really doesn't matter that much, anyway.

I do agree that the Link in the oracles was going to be the one from ALTTP/LA during development, but I don't know if it made it to the final stage since the other four games that were planned at the time (triforce trilogy(there is evidence that OOS was meant to be a part of this), the third oracles game) didn't.

There is a decent number of members over there. I guess we'll try and take this over to Legends Alliance. I was planning on making a similar topic there for a while, anyway. Here's the link.

Posted

1. Not directly. The IW would have to occur at a time in which there are many knights of Hyrule, since Ganon and his army killed many of them. There are a lot in TP.

3. Um...it did mention that they were sealed in FSA. They were sealed within the Dark Mirror.

1. If the Triforce was shattered in the IW, then how did Ganon have the entire thing in ALTTP? I think it has to be the actual Triforce since only that can grant the wishes.

2. That is a possibility, and one that is pretty widely accepted. The Dark mirror wasn't sealed with him, though. Zelda took it, and thus it was in the possession of the royal family. Hmm. AOL foreshadowing? I guess I never thought of the idea that Dark Link could've been used to revive Ganon, though I doubt Ganon's minions would've made it past the Great Palace's guardians. And LOZ/AOL Link's blood is what was needed to revive Ganon. I doubt a shadow would have any blood.

4. They could've done that, but ALTTP itself makes it very clear that the Hylians are very rare by this point.

5. I'll give you that one.

6. They are.

7. I just mentioned that it is a possible connection, especially if the interloper war occurs very early in the timeline. It really doesn't matter that much, anyway.

I do agree that the Link in the oracles was going to be the one from ALTTP/LA during development, but I don't know if it made it to the final stage since the other four games that were planned at the time (triforce trilogy(there is evidence that OOS was meant to be a part of this), the third oracles game) didn't.

There is a decent number of members over there. I guess we'll try and take this over to Legends Alliance. I was planning on making a similar topic there for a while, anyway. Here's the link.

1.Yeah but it would have to happen before Ganondorf is Caught so at most it would have to happen a couple months after OOT.

3(2). yeah and if the dark mirror is put into the SR then it would explain how the Interlopers got in the SR and how the Mirror of Twilight came into existence.

1. Ganon doesnt have the Triforce in ALTTP it is sealed in the Pyramid of Power out of his reach. it got there because by the end of LoZ and AoL the Triforce is Reconnected and put back into the SR. unknowingly that it is the DW.

2. It is widely accepted and most likely true since by FSA and TP ganon is never revived for those games. The Dark mirror could have been sealed when the Triforce is as implied to be at the end of FSA as could the four Sword. It is implied to be a last chance for ganon to be revived since the Triforce Keeper seems to have nothing to really do with Dark Link appearing and the king would certaintly not have put Dark Link there to try and stop link from saving his own daughter. It is stated in the book that they need either links blood OR for him to die as a sacrifice, at the end of the game Link's Shadow (Dark Link) dies so it is possible for ganpon to be revived in that sense.

4. yeah but in TP there is exactly 3 hylians left Telma, Zelda, and Link and in ALTTP there are at least 10 ( The Seven Shrine maidens, Zelda, The Minister, Link, and Sahasrala).

5. Thank you

6. Yes Very.

7. Yeah Guess not i just dont see how the Interloper War could happen that early in the timeline.

Yeah the Third Oracles never made it due to the either high demand for something different or the fact that they werent selling well after they were made.

Alright then i guess after this post well continue the discussion there

P.S. anyone who reads this and wants to disscuss it further please follow vaatidorf's link

Posted

errrr for some reason the legends alliance forums wont allow me to validate my email, i checked the email adress and settings but when i tell it to resend my validation it doesnt show up in my mail

Posted

errrr for some reason the legends alliance forums wont allow me to validate my email, i checked the email adress and settings but when i tell it to resend my validation it doesnt show up in my mail

Try looking in the spam folder. I've run into this problem on various sites, and that is the first place I check when something doesn't show up. If that doesn't work, then I guess LegendZelda will do.