Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

More Shit From Me

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Ummm... I'm not asking for input this time so I suppose I shall make a new topic... Yeah, that'll do.

I drew these on the bench on the porch today.

Part4.jpg

Part3.jpg

part2.jpg

Part1.jpg

Here is a pic of one of my best friends that I drew a few nights ago.

Chrisisntahipster.jpg

Posted

Stop watching so much adventure time, is the input that I do not have

Posted

What I don't even

These aren't Adventure Time related at all in anyway. The Skull isn't 100% original but I elaborated on him but the others are totally from my mind and I wasn't thinking of anything when I drew them.

I don't even

The one of my friend- I don't even- Adventure Time?!?

Posted

I get what he's saying.

You tend to gravitate towards the style whoever does Adventure Time goes with.

The "so lame it's cool" approach.

Posted

What I don't even

These aren't Adventure Time related at all in anyway. The Skull isn't 100% original but I elaborated on him but the others are totally from my mind and I wasn't thinking of anything when I drew them.

I don't even

Don't act shocked. You've already acknowledged that this style you're using here borrows heavily from adventure time once before.

Thanks for all of your opinions.

@ Kimmy- That's exactly why I love my older style. However, with that comes the unoriginal complex. If I ever put my work out there to be popular, it wouldn't be recognized. Even people who follow and pay attention to my art would refer to it as "Adventure Time fan/styled art" as opposed to "Skyler Kuhn's art" or even "Phantasmagoric Hero's art."

That was a month ago. And the photos you've uploaded here follow the same pattern. The only difference is that you've combined it with "Awesome Culture," or as Saha put it, "So lame its cool. " Things like Rock bands, Sharks, Giant monsters, lazers, scantily clad women, gratuitous explosions, ninjas, all of which are commonly added to something to make it more "awesome." Don't expect your style to change in under a month. Not on content alone.

The one of my friend- I don't even- Adventure Time?!?

Chrisisntahipster.jpg

Do you read Nedroid, by any chance?

Posted

I've been working on this concept that i might wanna turn into a comic. Only LL knows the details, and even then not all of them. HERE IS SOME CONCEPT ART FOR PHEO TO BE ANGRY AT. ;-)

tumblr_lkt9coxc4w1qft31ko1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1304833661&Signature=O8R7aY88s05fdXRMSXkbxGffDTM%3D

Posted

Eridan.

Posted

What does "Eridan" mean?

Thank you Gelp! I appreciate the comments. I'm gonna work on some more tonight.

Posted

Eridan

Your character on the right reminds me of Eridan from Homestuck. Except wearing a different kind of hipster glasses.

Posted

He's supposed a super dick face douche. So i gave him super dick face douche hair and glasses. :>

Posted

yea, something like that. :>

Posted

Whoa, it does look a lot like my fave character from Homestuck (maybe a bit more like a young Dualscar than Eridan, but they're related and all so it's pretty close). Nice! :D

Posted

Here is a WIP. I'm done for the night- er, morning.

tumblr_lkvf6g32wW1qft31ko1_400.png

Posted

A WIP that I'll probably just start over completely. I like the idea but I think I can do better.

Thedice.png

Also, I feel like I posted this somewhere but w/e. It's me as an android drawn on the back of a pizza box.

tumblr_lnaci50ERS1qft31ko1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1309401778&Signature=MKKKwiKHyn6lBoVjvgcZmrW8dCY%3D

Tell me what you think!

Posted

I really like the first one. It gives off a huge Zelda feel. Don't restart it!

And i'm guessing the second one is supposed to be robotic? Either way it's good and funny.