Sob Story

32 posts in this topic

Posted

"The baby is sick, and were very poor."

This is not ironic. This situation happens all the time. A better, more ironic situation, would be "The baby is sick, and we're very rich, so we'd be able to pay for any kind of operation or situation, but the baby as AIDS." Since AIDS is incurable, the baby cannot be cured, despite the fact that the family could pay to save the baby in just about any other situation.

"I have cancer.

My brother has AIDS.

My sister is crazy.

Our dog got run over.

Our cat died in a fire."

Not ironic.

"Our baby bird choked on a worm.

...they both died."

This situation is not irony. If the worm survived after the bird choked on it, then began eating the bird, it would be irony. Adding "they both died" does not make it ironic. I don't even know what you think irony means.

"Our lizard got stomped on."

Not ironic.

"Our mother died from over-optimism."

This one is actually somewhat ironic. Because, normally, you cannot die from being too optimistic.

"Our father got pressed to death in a shoe factory."

Not ironic.

Our neighbors house got hit by a meteor.

Not ironic. Look, the fact that anything happens is not ironic in and of itself. If you built your house around surviving everything except a meteor hitting it, and a meteor hits it, that's irony. But a meteor hitting a house, neighbor's house or otherwise, is not ironic. That has happened.

Our uncle was a crocodile hunter, he was killed by a snake.

This is irony. Because crocodile hunting is dangerous, one would think he would die from a crocodile, not from a snake, due to his profession.

"Our aunt sprained her ankle. It wasn't that bad, 'till she fell off a cliff."

Not ironic.

Our cousin was a train conductor, who died in a plane crash.

There are better examples of irony, but yes, this is slightly ironic.

"The plane hit a school for the blind.

They exacted revenge on the next-door school for the deaf.

They proceeded to push over old ladies in wheelchairs."

NONE of this is ironic. What the puppy were you even thinking when you wrote this?

Our cow caught chicken pox,

and our chicken caught mad cow disease.

YES. This is irony.

"Our fish was eaten by a bigger fish, which was eaten by a shark that a whale choked on."

This isn't irony.

So, tl;dr version: You have no idea what irony is and you are 14 years old. Go to school. Or use a dictionary.

Posted

Why did the poor family have so many pets?