The Most Useless Item in Zelda

44 posts in this topic

Posted

The Scent Mask. So worthless. The Couple's Mask. puppy. All-Night Mask. Whose idea was it.

The Scent Mask is used to help the old hag to make her blue potion.

The Couple's Mask is used to stop an argument in the Mayor's office, this giving you a heart piece

The all-night mask gives you two heart pieces.

The most useless item in Zelda History: *drum roll*

The broken Giant's knife

Posted

But you can make a Giant's Knife with it.

I think the most useless item would be the TP Slingshot, the Spinner being a runner up.

Slingshot becomes completely, ineffably worthless after you get the bow. The only unique use it has is its own ammo storage, and that it makes the children duck/get hit in the face.

The Spinner, I looked forward to as an alternate mode of transportation for places Epona couldn't cart you around in. But it was just slow on land, no matter how violently you spun it, and its only purpose was mine cart like riding around, and spinning the gears to lower the bridges in the sky temple. Which I admit, was a cool use, but it's still not useful to everyday play.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Agreed, slingshot in Twilight Princess was crap. But I'm almost 100% sure they put it in just for the fact that it was on the Wii and not because they thought it would be an awesome addition. It introduced the shooting mechanic to the game and gave new users time before they got the bow to practice.

Posted

I kinda feel that the hook-shot in every game other than OoT and MM were kind of useless

In OoT and MM they could latch onto any wooden thing/scalable wall/enemy/hook-shot target making it one of the most useful and fun tools in the game (other than the masks in MM)

In other games they can only latch onto enemies and man-made hook-shot targets which really made it feel like a very limited tool to me

EDIT: Forgot to say that I haven't played every LoZ game so there might be others

Posted

??

In LttP, it could get you anywhere, right?

In Wind Waker, it could latch onto any wood.

In TP, it could latch onto some wood and some vegetation.

TP laem

Posted

Deku Shield was quite obsolete for a portion of OoT.

Posted

??

In LttP, it could get you anywhere, right?

In Wind Waker, it could latch onto any wood.

In TP, it could latch onto some wood and some vegetation.

TP laem

Shoot, I forgot WW even had a hook-shot :embarrassed:

Wait, what wood could you latch onto, because I never found any?

Sorry I didn't play LttP, so I didn't know, but now I realize I forgot to say I haven't played every zelda game to my post *FIXED*

Posted

really any tree you found was hookshot material. Even the wooden sign hanging down for the outdoor shop on windfall island, you could latch onto. It was useful for pissing off pigs and then escaping.

Posted

Has anyone ever tried to hookshot an enemy and gotten pulled toward it? I used my hookshot on a like-like once and ended up getting pulled toward and eaten by the thing. :embarrassed:

Posted

Bombs, probably

Posted

The blue candle in the first Zelda game.

Posted

Any lamp, ever. You can beat a game without a lamp. (unless, of course, you need to use the lamp to light certain torches)

also fishing rod in TP lol

Posted

I would probably say...

Ordon Shield and Mole Mitts.

both are extremely useless, in fact, i hardly used my shield in the beginning of games. perhaps its because i didnt need them? who knows, its just a waste of money. And the mole mitts just dig....dig dig dig, and turn you into a furry, but still.

oh and lets not forget about the Tingle Tuner.

Posted

The telescope in TWW gets my vote. I only remember 1 place you NEEDED to use it. I mean playing around with it is /sort/ of fun. But other then that it is useless useless USELESS! ;(