Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule.net Anime Night, 7 - 5 - 2011

26 posts in this topic

Posted

We'll be watching Gankutsuou as a semi-grab bag from a categorized anime list of "worth watching". It's a highly artistic futuristic take on the classic book, The Count of Monte Christo. As it's a more traditional length of about 24 episodes, rather than the recent series we were watching that were 11/12 episodes, Muffin and I will be watching the series on stream from Saturday to Sunday. Folks are welcome to come whenever, though it's recommended you watch it from the start to avoid massive confusion. (Unless you've already read the Count of Monte Christo, in which case you might be able to discern what's going on.)

The reviews are really spectacular. The AnimeNewsNetwork review for DVD 1 has it called one of the finest series ever animated, and really treats it like a piece of artwork. So I'll be looking forward to it.

We'll put it up around 5 or 6 central time.

Posted

Dude, just remind me on chat when we gonna watch, so this time I actually attend :<

Posted

god

puppying

dammit

you decide to marathon a series that rob recommended and also bought the special remaster dvd box set (or whatever it was that was different from the old set he had)

and you are marathoning it at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME AGAIN SAHA

WHY DO YOU HATE ME SAHA

Posted

Live stream or stream? Because whats stream?

Posted

Mufn can stream forever on anything.

BUT IT SHOULDN'T MATTER

Posted

I can stream on both uStream and Justin.tv at the same time, but lol that'd probably be a lot of internet+computer power that I don't have, so, probably one or the other. Justin.tv seems to give the best video quality+resolution without adding up to using a lot of CPU usage, which is a pretty amazing feat, so, Justin.tv will be the best place. I think their ads are only, like, 15 seconds long and can easily be blocked. I never see any ads.

I should probably link my Justin.tv for, you know, Saturday and shit.

http://justin.tv/fierce_muffin

It's obviously not live right now, unless I'm testing shit.

Posted

then why did I torrent it, muffin :(

why :(

Posted

you torrented gankutsuou wat

Posted

My superior macintosh can handle a lot of programs running at the same time. If we ever need to stream over the summer, maybe I can host(superjail), but tonight I will be unavailable, as I will be for the next week. Finals and all that.

Maybe I'll join whatever chat you guys are in and keep that window open while I work from my laptop, though? I've been using photoshop for references for this piece, so I bring my laptop with me to work on my final art project.

Posted

I loved The Count of Mont Cristo :n_n:

So I'll try my best to join

What time?

Posted

Mriiiip

I'll try not to get tired like a terrible person this time :(

Posted

SAHA SHUT UP YOU WHORE

I AM GOING TO GO LIKE

WATCH IT ON SUPER HIGH QUALITY DVD'S SOME TIME

AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

Posted

This is 720p, That1Guy, I mean, sure, it's not 1080p, but it's pretty close to perfect.

Also, Pheonix, my computer's a store-bought one that's 3 years old now. Windows or Mac, things get old. Especially computers.

Posted

I know, I'm just saying I can do things like run a minecraft server and have runescape running in another window just fine. I don't think hosting for me would be a problem. Just throwing that out there.

Posted

My superior macintosh can handle a lot of programs running at the same time.

You weren't "just saying", you were boasting about it.